The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
Quote from ackzsel :BTW, I tried XFG in Z20: I-LUUUUVVVV-THAT-DASHBOARD! Looks just like the real deal! Except for the gear indicator ofcourse. (which, I hope, will stay for a while since I don't have an H-shifter.)

I think an option to have it on or off would be nice in the road cars, those that do use an h-shifter shouldn't really need it.
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :u know the hazzard light thing that blinks both arrows? EX when u press 7 both blink why not make the one just point < way blink instead of both?

+1

Quote from iFastLT :It's because real road cars doesn't have one, so now it's more realistic

Some road cars do have indicator for shift-up. And more and more cars is getting it.

Quote from JasonJ :Quite a few if they are auto/sequential, but gated manual transmission.... not many I guess.

There is pretty many cars with manual gearbox which have indicator for shift-up.
Actually it's more useful with fully manual gearboxes.. why do you need the indicator if the gearbox decides when to shift? ^^
More and more irl cars is getting the indicator because of the hunt for lower fuel consumption, so this is a weird timing for removing the indicator..
It should have been the other way: the indicator shouldn't have existed before but they should have ADDED it now ^^

EDIT: but umm.. the shift-up indicator in LFS works totally different than irl ^^
In LFS it's meant for maximum performance and irl it's meant for lowest possible fuel consumption.
So yeah they shouldn't have added the indicator thingy in the first place.. it's unrealistic.
Dedicated host Z21
I've changed the dedicated host download in the first post to Z21.

This is a fully compatible dedicated host which can support UDP in the list of hosts.

If any hosters could update their host to Z21 that would be great, as I need to be able to test with several Z21 hosts in the list before releasing the UDP pinging system.

It is fully compatible with pre-Z21 versions, still supports TCP list of hosts as well, so there is no problem with updating your host.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=62382

Thanks.
Hello,

I don't know if it's a bug but, if i record data of "Direct Camera Control" (IS_CPP) and replay it through INSIM (with Time >0), no problem, work is done. Except if i put LFS in pause. Camera travel seems to be corrupted. If i remove the pause, all goes back into the right way.

PS : all Z versions

Thanks,
Bye

PS : Just a little request. Is it possible to make accessible the slider bar of replay in shift+U mode ? (The lower panel options of shift+U mode is a bit too low)
Can someone explain the difference between the Z21 system and the old one? I don't want technical, just how we will benefit from it?
There will be no benefit until I release test patch Z21.

But when I do, it will use UDP packets in the list of hosts, instead of TCP. UDP does not need to create a "connection" for each host.

So you will be able to get the info from many more hosts at the same time, and will receive your list of hosts much faster while using less bandwidth.

Also this will eventually bring to an end certain unresolved issues with the existing system (there are ways it can crash on some computers).

It will rely on the hosts upgrading as well, you will only see the new hosts more quickly. Old hosts will need to be pinged using the old system.
Sounds good, thanks.
-
(SamH) DELETED by SamH : Just too damn slow.
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen
-
(SamH) DELETED by SamH : Argh :p
Quote from Velociround :I think it was a wonderful idea. Really. My car doesn't have a "shift up" indicator. And I suppose LFS road cars (apart from RAC) shouldn't have too.

Also, remember:

Quote from ackzsel :You can always go back to an earlier patch en write down those shifting points (maybe someone already did). Learn to recognize the sound the engine makes at those speeds as you should IRL.

First sorry for the offtopic

To velocidround : i know this add more "Realistic" inmersion to the game removing the "Shift up", but for other ppl who is totaly new in the game and dont know where is the "Exact" point to change the gear it whould be uncool

To Ackzel: i am since 4 years in lfs , and i know every car and every sound they do, i know where is the exact point to shift the gear, So, if you dont know me, or how i drive, dont say " You need learn to recognize the sound of the engine", becasuse , when you came here, i am already be here 10 times.

To dev

Works perfect, no problem with the rac at all, Fps are stable and the Shift+u problems with the cameras are gone, also the "bug" about minimize the windows , wass gone to.

Sorry for the offtopic and my bad english
Quote from Scawen :There will be no benefit until I release test patch Z21.

One question. Can't the next test patch be named Z22 (the first Z test patch came after dedi patch Z2 and was thus named Z3) so there's a smaller chance of developing the game in the wrong patch (we all make mistakes, but it's just a suggestion to have a smaller chance of making one).

Sorry for the (potential) time wasted.
Quote from Senninha25 :One question. Can't the next test patch be named Z22 (the first Z test patch came after dedi patch Z2 and was thus named Z3) so there's a smaller chance of developing the game in the wrong patch (we all make mistakes, but it's just a suggestion to have a smaller chance of making one).

Sorry for the (potential) time wasted.

does it really matter what the devs choose to call the next test patch?????? the finished product is going to be called S3 (we hope) and the test patches forgotten so meh big deal.
Scawen, everything works perfectly in my Z20 install.
The new car panels are awesome.
The Shift + U bug is fixed for me, and I don't have any problems with Shift + F4 or clicking on buttons (everything works fine).

Windows 7 RC 7100 32Bits

Quote from Inouva :First sorry for the offtopic

To velocidround : i know this add more "Realistic" inmersion to the game removing the "Shift up", but for other ppl who is totaly new in the game and dont know where is the "Exact" point to change the gear it whould be uncool

[OFF-TOPIC - Shift Up indicator] Well in my opinion one doesn't really need to know the "exact" point to change gear... Just hear the sound of the car and change gear when you feel it's the right timing, and it should be more than enough. I for one never waited for the shift up indicator when it was still present in the game and I also didn't notice any significant performance difference between changing when the red light appeared or before that... Also, I feel much better now that the shift up indicator is gone.

When the "other people who are totally new in the game" purchase a car (and thus, become "totally new to the car"), it will most likely not have a shift up indicator, they will just need to live with that and it won't be difficult for them to take the hand of their car, so it shouldn't be hard on a simulator too. Actually I think it's very easy to change gears without a shift up indicator. But that is my opinion, just as you mentioned yours.[/OFF-TOPIC]
Scawen,

From a discussion in the FlipCams thread, it appears that LFS no longer saves the changes the user does to the custom view. Is that on purpose? I remember you saying at some point that LFS won't save or reload the custom view any more when it's not necessary, but I would assume that it'd become necessary to save when the user changes the settings.

It's not a problem for FlipCams, because it's easy to add "/view save" to a few scripts to work around it, but people who don't use FlipCams can't save their custom views any more?

Thanks,

Flip
Quote from FL!P :It's not a problem for FlipCams, because it's easy to add "/view save" to a few scripts to work around it, but people who don't use FlipCams can't save their custom views any more?

Of course they can, it's just not saved to file immediately
I think it's now saved on race ends, or perhaps pit/spec, but it's definitely saved at some point.
Ah, OK, makes sense. Thanks for the info!
I have never noticed this before and never saw anyone mention it so sorry if this has been discussed already. It is not really a bug anyways.

So, ...when you apply the brakes fully and turn the wheel from lock to lock, the wheels screech. In the lx4, lx6, rac and the single seaters (except mrt) this is especially noticable because even if you turn the wheel really slowly, the tyres still screech (if you turn the wheel from side to side fast enough almost all cars will screech.) This doesn't seem realsistic to me at all.

This should have prolly gone in the improvement suggestions but it isn't really a hard thing to fix i think.

And great job Scawen, thanks for your hard work. The community appreciates.
Quote from superslider :I have never noticed this before and never saw anyone mention it so sorry if this has been discussed already. It is not really a bug anyways.

It's pretty much always been like that as far as I know. There are several things that LFS does at real low speeds or when stationary that aren't all that close to reality and have been discussed in other threads (not in test patch threads) either in the general discussion or bug reports subforums.
Patch Z20.
Quote :Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4ad901a1
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00034230
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.71
Locale ID: 1049
Additional Information 1: 4709
Additional Information 2: 4709938665fa84e3ff99c8cbe11223bb
Additional Information 3: 2ef5
Additional Information 4: 2ef520baa685d5b975c76dbd72d2ae38

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink ... d=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

After I entered server again, I found out 3 people crashed, me, one guy with patch Z13, and one guy with clean patch Z.
Z20 works perfect here, no problems found so far!

The new dash light looks stunning.

it is going fast with the patches now, that probably means we are close to a major update. the same happend when V,W,X,Y patches came out.

( correct me if i'm wrong )
#194 - e.M
Quote from henrico-20- :Z20 works perfect here, no problems found so far!

The new dash light looks stunning.

it is going fast with the patches now, that probably means we are close to a major update. the same happend when V,W,X,Y patches came out.

( correct me if i'm wrong )

as i recall last test patch was y33, hope will be the same with z but probably not

offtopiced
hi, dont know if this is already postet here (the search function dropped nothing) but i noticed if i change the Mirror offset vertical to any value, it will reset after i pitted - dk if this has something to do with Z20 (maybe its not that important at the moment) is just noticed it and wanted to post it

regards
Quote from Inouva :To Ackzel: i am since 4 years in lfs , and i know every car and every sound they do, i know where is the exact point to shift the gear, So, if you dont know me, or how i drive, dont say " You need learn to recognize the sound of the engine", becasuse , when you came here, i am already be here 10 times.

Sorry, woman. I didn't want to offend you. From your post I concluded that you were really fond of that shifting light. So I presented an alternative now it's gone. That's all.

And I just wanted to note that something like "Join Date" has nothing to do with the date starting with LFS. You seem to make a big issue of it but there's no way to tell whether you are 10 times longer involved with LFS or the other way around.
Quote from ackzsel :Sorry, man. I didn't want to offend you. From your post I concluded that you were really fond of that shifting light. So I presented an alternative now it's gone. That's all.

And I just wanted to note that something like "Join Date" has nothing to do with the date starting with LFS. You seem to make a big issue of it but there's no way to tell whether you are 10 times longer involved with LFS or the other way around.

uhm, might be a bad time to say this, but Inouva is a girl. I'm not joking.

Oh yeah, I kind of mentioned a problem with FlipCams in Z17, well I read that Scawen had implemented new commands that rendered FlipCams unusable. Does someone (sorry for potential spam) know those commands? I'm completely baffled with this.
Quote from Senninha25 :uhm, might be a bad time to say this, but Inouva is a girl. I'm not joking.

(Corrected) It's not a bad time. Thanks for pointing out the error.
Quote from Senninha25 :
Oh yeah, I kind of mentioned a problem with FlipCams in Z17, well I read that Scawen had implemented new commands that rendered FlipCams unusable. Does someone (sorry for potential spam) know those commands? I'm completely baffled with this.

The commands added were to make flipcams useable after a change in the code had broken it.

The new commands are:
/view save
/view reload

To restore functionality, you'll have to edit /data/scripts/fc_reloadview.lfs by putting "/view reload" at the end of the file.
Add "/view save" to the start of every fc_runCam*.lfs file

It should now work as it used to before z17.

(I think that's right)
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG