The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z18 (online compatible)
(255 posts, closed, started )
For the 3D stereoscopic view, I tested the nvidia drivers and I see that the mirrors dont show a 3D image, is a 2D image for the real mirrors, and nothing of stereoscopic effect for the virtual mirrors. But I think it is not a problem

Run fine on 3 monitors multiview with the bezel cut, touching the options in the nvidia drivers, no problems about this
Attached images
stereoscopic.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Ricou / Velo Wringer / Bob Smith :

Another exe with the debug messages... and a possible solution :

Assuming the mouse positions are correct in mouse messages other than BUTTONUP messages, this version simply does not update the mouse position on receiving a BUTTONUP message.

I don't think this has any adverse effect on the interface but may solve the problem for you guys. [...]

Nice job, it's working as expected now

Napalm Candy> Are you using SoftTH or TH2G ?
Quote from yamakawa :Small worry in Outogauge

New OG_ABS (OG_FLAGS) always becomes ON by ABS-off and Non-ABS cars.

Anyway, Its an addition of great multiple screen function.

Could that be related to the ABS dash light not working that was reported in z16..or 17, it still doesn't work in z18, but just curious?
Quote from Flame CZE :It's very strange, because now I can reproduce the bug again... Here's the stack it returned... I hope this helps a bit more

nvappfilter is the evil nvidia firewall, my guess it that's where things go wrong.
Might be a combination of a certain winsock and nvidia driver version, or perhaps just the nvidia driver, either way I think Scawen can't really do anything about it.
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
Quote from morpha :nvappfilter is the evil nvidia firewall, my guess it that's where things go wrong.
Might be a combination of a certain winsock and nvidia driver version, or perhaps just the nvidia driver, either way I think Scawen can't really do anything about it.

Thanks Disabling nVidia Firewall didn't help but exiting it did, so no bug anymore. But who knows, maybe it will be back tomorrow

Edit: restarted and the bug is back, I'm confused... I think I'll let it be as it's not LFS related bug apparently.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Sorry dindt mean to upset you .

But fo the sound issue is thi nomal in z13 when i started up the car i got beep and engine sound its gone now or am i the only one having this problem?

Check the BOV sound in the Shift+A menu make sure they are all on.
Quote from yamakawa :Small worry in Outogauge

New OG_ABS (OG_FLAGS) always becomes ON by ABS-off and Non-ABS cars.

OK, thanks.

It should come on when ABS is switched off. This is because, as far as I know, on real life cars where you can switch off ABS, the ABS light will stay on as a warning.

But I agree the ABS light should not be on if the car has not ABS system at all.

I was considering a change to the OutGauge packet... to use the Spare2 and Spare3 fields for a complete list of dashboard lights. They would be integer bit fields. Spare2 would become a list of the available lights on the dashboard, and Spare3 would become a list of the lights which are switched on. OutGauge programs that use lights would need updating but at least the packet size does not need to change... not sure if I'll do that but maybe it would be a good improvement, and we would have space for more lights to be added to the dashboards in future.

Quote from Flame CZE :OK.

It's very strange, because now I can reproduce the bug again... Here's the stack it returned... I hope this helps a bit more

the underlined address seems to be a LFS one maybe...

Yes that was an LFS address and I think it is a call to "connect" which is a request to create a TCP connection. This bug would happen when there is a host that takes a long time to reply (or does not reply at all) and so the call to "connect" takes several seconds. If you exit from the list of hosts at that time, it is supposed to close any open connections. Maybe this is what causes the problem in that external software that LFS has called.

It's a bit complicated so I can't really be sure if it is LFS's fault or not. Anyway I was thinking the real solution to this would be to stop that TCP host pinging and do it with UDP instead. TCP is really the wrong solution to the problem of pinging hundreds of hosts for information. No way would I do it that way now, but this was originally programmed before LFS used any UDP packets.

Using UDP, LFS could ping all the hosts much more quickly, with no need to establish a TCP connection for each one. Also the type of bug you reported would no longer be possible as there would be no "connect" calls. With UDP you simply send a packet and see if you get a reply.

Just wondering if it's worth another diversion at this point. I could get this going now in a compatible version. Z19 hosts could reply to either TCP or UDP list of hosts requests. Master server could send to Z19 guests, a list of TCP and UDP hosts. The result would be that if you used Z19, then you'd see all the Z19 hosts very quickly, followed by the usual TCP checks of the pre-Z19 hosts. Next incompatible update, there would be no more TCP hosts.
IMO it would be worth it, any increase of the speed getting the host list would be greatly appreciated
Quote from BurnOut69 :IMO it would be worth it, any increase of the speed getting the host list would be greatly appreciated

+1 I'm guessing all LFS users that live some distance from the UK would see a significant difference in how quickly LFS brings up the hosts list.
Hello,
With Z18, in IS_CPP INSIM packet, "Roll" information is not transmitted
With Z15 work well.

Bye
Hello guys, I have a problem

When I tried to install this update, dunno if I did it right, probably not, and when I start my lfs, it first opens that black screen with lfs logo and it first downloads some textures in left low corner. Then it says on the left up corner in the main screen: Too Long: 3g_cfg_rixg (by 1), and then it says LFS.exe is already running, even if it's not.

And before I tried to install this, I didnt have music on background, and it didnt go on a window when I open the server list.

I tried to do some stuff, but I think I just made it worse. Could you help me out, got frustrated to this. It does the same every time.
Quote from Rocket47 :Hello guys, I have a problem

When I tried to install this update, dunno if I did it right, probably not, and when I start my lfs, it first opens that black screen with lfs logo and it first downloads some textures in left low corner. Then it says on the left up corner in the main screen: Too Long: 3g_cfg_rixg (by 1), and then it says LFS.exe is already running, even if it's not.

And before I tried to install this, I didnt have music on background, and it didnt go on a window when I open the server list.

I tried to do some stuff, but I think I just made it worse. Could you help me out, got frustrated to this. It does the same every time.

The message comes from the translation and says that the line 3g_cfg_rlxg is too long. But in my Suomi.txt, the line is the same as the English one.

And about the LFS running - CMX viewer counts to that (I'm not sure though), check your task manager if there isn't any LFS process.
Hey Scawen,

Z18 works fine on Windows 7

Except for the flickering ofcourse but that was already known.
Big fan of the UDP idea. But I don't think it should push any more important changes to the background. You spend more time enjoying physics than refreshing host lists..
I agree. The principle is simple, but the implementation is slightly complicated and would take some testing and adjustment to get it right. It would probably end up taking quite a few days so now is not the time. I'll just clear this bug list and release a test patch of fixes, hopefully tomorrow but Friday at the latest.
OK, never mind, it's not very big bug for me now Just focus on what is your priority now.
found bug
when the height is adjusted to 1.1 or less the textures in the background are hiding
Attached images
lfs_00000037.jpg
lfs_00000038.jpg
I think that it's just an optimalisation of the object drawing and I think it isn't z18 related. Or is it?
Quote from BOSCHO :found bug
when the height is adjusted to 1.1 or less the textures in the background are hiding

Old bug, and not related bug
Thought I'd try and post something vaguely helpful regarding the low FPS problem. For me, there are currently several 'problem areas' in the replay posted. These being at the exit of T1, mid way through T2, the exit of T3 and the T5/6 bit. As well as probably most other turns followed by AutoX objects.

LFS Patch Z: 50-60 FPS in all the problem areas.
LFS Patch Z18: 10 - 20 FPS in the problem areas.

I also tried with Z15, which was pre-improved multiple screen support. There was still the same 10 - 20 FPS in the problem areas, as in Z18.

I don't know if this helps, but it would be interesting to see what FPS other people get when playing this replay in Z18. (Ignore the fact the replay is named Good FPS. This has no relevance to anything :tilt

Attached files
Good FPS.spr - 33.8 KB - 213 views
Quote from JO53PHS :Thought I'd try and post something vaguely helpful regarding the low FPS problem. For me, there are currently several 'problem areas' in the replay posted. These being at the exit of T1, mid way through T2, the exit of T3 and the T5/6 bit. As well as probably most other turns followed by AutoX objects.

I also tried with Z15, which was pre-improved multiple screen support. There was still the same 10 - 20 FPS in the problem areas, as in Z18.

I don't know if this helps, but it would be interesting to see what FPS other people get when playing this replay in Z18. (Ignore the fact the replay is named Good FPS. This has no relevance to anything :tilt

im having problems with the FPS too
Quote from JO53PHS :Thought I'd try and post something vaguely helpful regarding the low FPS problem. For me, there are currently several 'problem areas' in the replay posted. These being at the exit of T1, mid way through T2, the exit of T3 and the T5/6 bit. As well as probably most other turns followed by AutoX objects.

My specs: e8400, 4GB, HD4890oc1GB, res 1920x1080
edit specs: Win XP Pro SP3

I think maybe your CPU is getting bottlenecked by layouts which are quite CPU intensive.

For some reason this spot attached below has the FPS is lowest for me. Quite similiar from Z10-Z18. Mirrors was set to 0.3 in both versions. Everything else is the same.
Paused in both screenshots
Z10 - 78.0 FPS
Z18 - 77.8 FPS

Funny though cause in my head when I was playing both versions I was under the impression that z18 was 5% less FPS.
Attached images
Z10.jpg
z18.jpg
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z18 (online compatible)
(255 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG