The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z18 (online compatible)
(255 posts, closed, started )
Quote from BOSCHO :Yes the mirror works in 3D

I think he want to know if you look in a mirror you view the image in 3D, so you can adjust a camera behind a mirror and look. In the screens I see the exact images in mirros in blue and red, so I think it is not in 3D
Scawen, values are the same when the bug is not occuring, when it does, I get two click releases, the first is wrong (and presumably is the one used) and the second one is correct. Right clicks do not trigger the messages at all.
Attached images
error.PNG
Just a query at this point, but is there any way to adjust relative height of monitors in LFS? I've got a two monitor set up, but I've just been using one in LFS in the past, and I'd like to try the second one once I get time, but they're at a slightly different height. Secondary monitor (right screen) is about a half inch lower than the center one. Does LFS currently have a way of compensating for this difference, or am I going to have to put my monitor on a piece of wood to raise it up a little?
Tested in mi rig, works perfect , i have a bost of fps compared to z17

Z17 LOD max , Res 1280x1024 30 cars + objets (511) - 25-30 fps
Z18 LOD max , Res 1280x1024 30 cars + objets (511) - 60-113 fps

No flikering from the camera or problem with some in game camera
Just to confirm, my bug only occurs when some hosts return no reply. But I can live with it, it's just interesting that nobody else can reproduce it. I'll hope it gets somehow "fixed" with the official patch.

And please, can anyone tell me how to run a call stack?
You need Visual Studio or another dev environment that can debug/attach to a process. No stacktrace without that.

I also have a few no-reply servers, but LFS still doesn't crash for me
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from Degats :
Same here with the flipcams problem.

The program appears to be operating properly - message appears, folders in /data are renamed - but the views aren't reloaded/updated from the files.

Edit: maybe LFS no longer reads the views file every time the view changes to custom?

I think you have found the problem. LFS does not keep loading and saving the custom views if it has no reason to think anything has changed. I haven't looked into this properly. Maybe I will need to add a text command like "/reload_view" or something like that. Flipcams would need to be updated. How does Flipcams try to reload views? Does it flick to cockpit then back to custom view?

Hi,

FlipCams currently reloads the custom view by running the script LFS\data\script\fc_reloadView.lfs. Here's its contents:

// this will reload the custom view if it's active but won't switch to it if it isn't
/press v
/shift v

// this will switch to the custom view and reload it, not matter which one is active
// view custom

As you can see, there are two different methods: flick to another view and back, or switch to the custom view (the former is used by default). In both cases, LFS used to reload the custom view from file.

So yes, something like /reload_customview would be cool, as long as it works also when the custom view is not displayed.

Thanks for looking into that, Scawen, and thanks to Ripley for the heads-up by PM!

Flip
Hi Scawen,

Just tried your modified .exe and it appears that it's what you said: click position and release position are different. It's like that only on side screens, whatever how you set them in LFS ( 1 - 1 - 1 or 1 - 1 - 0).

See the attached pictures: last click is when I clicked on the left number of screens.
Attached images
SoftTH_LFS_click_test_000004289515.jpg
SoftTH_LFS_click_test_000004384015.jpg
Quote from Scawen :I'm not sure it would be very artistic, being able to see through the ground. That is the problem with allowing the camera to go to zero height. The bottom half of the image is underground, you can see edge of the clipping plane plus distant objects through the "ground" and it's one of those things we try to avoid as game developers. There's no cars or world there at all, just a load of textured triangles but we try to avoid showing that.

Just thought I'd add that to the discussion...

Actually, the 2nd picture you attached would be exactly what I'm looking for. I don't really need the bottom half of the screen, it doesn't even need to be 0.0 m. Any value that would enable to see almost parallel to the car's underbody (I guess even 0.1 m would work a lot better than the current 0.4). But it's not anything of critical importance, just something I'd like to have for very detailed setup-making.
Quote from Ripley :Hi Scawen.
While you're at it, would you mind taking into consideration (or just add it in your to-do list) my suggestion to save the last used setup for each combo ?
So every time you go back to a specific combo, you find it already selected ??
I tried to find my post (I'm quite sure I already asked this) but couldn't find it...
Thanks.

Yes please!
This patch runs very stable on my system, no bug found atm. Screen doesnt flicker on SHIFT+U mode anymore. Played around Westhill with nice FPS for an hour.

Another solid patch it seems.

Goodjob
Thanks Shotglass, maybe I've got something.

This is what appeared when reproducing the bug:

(1588.12f0): Access violation - code c0000005 (first chance)
First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling.
This exception may be expected and handled.
eax=ffffffff ebx=7c809c55 ecx=03d20048 edx=03cfd150 esi=03d20038 edi=0de2f70c
eip=7c809813 esp=0de2f6a0 ebp=ffffffff iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na pe nc
cs=001b ss=0023 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=003b gs=0000 efl=00010246
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll -
kernel32!InterlockedDecrement+0x9:
7c809813 f00fc101 lock xadd dword ptr [ecx],eax ds:0023:03d20048=????????
Missing image name, possible paged-out or corrupt data.

Will this help?
I don't think that helps - I don't see a call stack there.

LFS code addresses are 6 digits after some leading zeros.
The first non-zero digit is 4 or 5, so an LFS address would look something like this : 004025c0 or 004f15a0

A call stack is a series of those addresses, where one function calls another function and that calls another function, etc...

Thanks for trying. It is mysterious how that crash can still come up when leaving the host list, after all these years. I can't remember how many times I have investigated that and never found anything.
Ricou / Velo Wringer / Bob Smith :

Another exe with the debug messages... and a possible solution :

Assuming the mouse positions are correct in mouse messages other than BUTTONUP messages, this version simply does not update the mouse position on receiving a BUTTONUP message.

I don't think this has any adverse effect on the interface but may solve the problem for you guys.

The same debug messages will come up and still look wrong but hopefully your buttons will now work even when they are on a side screen.

ANYONE ELSE : THERE ARE NO OTHER UPDATES IN THIS EXE
JUST AN ANNOYING MOUSE CLICK MESSAGE - AND YOU CANNOT UNLOCK!
Attached files
LFS_click_test_2.zip - 963.7 KB - 267 views
Quote from Scawen :I don't think that helps - I don't see a call stack there.

I think I just found the call stack window but it doesn't matter yet, because the bug doesn't seem to be reproducable now, even if I choose to list all hosts.

So you don't have to bother with it anymore
thanks!
will test it a.s.p.
just sent Kegetys a message

edit: in a quick test: that works! great stuff Scawen
Quote from Flame CZE :I think I just found the call stack window but it doesn't matter yet, because the bug doesn't seem to be reproducable now, even if I choose to list all hosts.

So you don't have to bother with it anymore

OK... well... if you have a few minutes to try again later, that would be great, it would be nice to get a call stack of that crash, just in case I can finally figure out what's going on.

Quote from Velo Wringer :edit: in a quick test: that works! great stuff Scawen

Great, thanks. I did write to Kegetys as well, and I've just done so again letting him know this "bug avoidance" worked.
This is not a feature request thread.

Did I change the ramps or autocross objects in Z18?

No, then this is not the place to talk about them.
Looks like the test patching has gone on too long. When some people start to think it's just a place to have general chatting with me, something is wrong.

In the past we have closed test patch threads for this very reason. I'm trying to sort out the next test patch and keeping my eye on the thread. Every off topic post brings me back here and wastes my time.

Just think, if I spend half my time replying to off topic posts, then it will take me twice as long to get back to the physics.
Sorry dindt mean to upset you .

But fo the sound issue is thi nomal in z13 when i started up the car i got beep and engine sound its gone now or am i the only one having this problem?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Sorry dindt mean to upset you .

But fo the sound issue is thi nomal in z13 when i started up the car i got beep and engine sound its gone now or am i the only one having this problem?

Maybe you should try downloading Z18 and seeing if its still there first?
Small worry in Outogauge

New OG_ABS (OG_FLAGS) always becomes ON by ABS-off and Non-ABS cars.

Anyway, Its an addition of great multiple screen function.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Maybe you should try downloading Z18 and seeing if its still there first?

Yeah that fixed it worries gone
Quote from Scawen :OK... well... if you have a few minutes to try again later, that would be great, it would be nice to get a call stack of that crash, just in case I can finally figure out what's going on.

OK.

It's very strange, because now I can reproduce the bug again... Here's the stack it returned... I hope this helps a bit more

With "raw args" on
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
0f410048 0f410038 03666473 kernel32!InterlockedDecrement+0x9
0f410038 1013f70c 00000000 nvappfilter+0x478a
00000540 1013f74c 00000010 nvappfilter+0x6473
00000540 1013f74c 00000010 WS2_32!connect+0x53
00473cc0 00000003 00000000 LFS+0x73dbb

And with "addrs" on
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
1013f69c 0366478a kernel32!InterlockedDecrement+0x9
1013f6a8 03666473 nvappfilter+0x478a
1013f6c4 71a94a5a nvappfilter+0x6473
1013f710 [U]00473dbb[/U] WS2_32!connect+0x53
1013ffec 00000000 LFS+0x73dbb

the underlined address seems to be a LFS one maybe...
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z18 (online compatible)
(255 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG