The online racing simulator
Im more for RO, as Bob called it, and because track names are two character only
This is great news!

Finally it seems there is a track coming for LFS, about time if you ask me and much apreciated aswell.
Thumbs up for these news
Quote from Mille Sabords :
The devs take a risk here, and it is up to us to support it - since we (forum users in general) have been requesting real cars and tracks for years in the improvement suggestion threads. In a way we, LFS community, made a "promise" to the devs that a real car / track against fee could work out

Keep in mind the forum may or may not be a representative sample of the player base.
Quote from Mille Sabords :this has a cost that must be absorbed somehow, and bring profit (LFS must bring food on the table after all).

If money does get tight, then i see no reason why the Dev's can't branch out into other areas.
http://www.liveforspeed.pl/news/devs1.jpg

Scawen could do Timotei adverts, Vic could open a cannabis farm in Amsterdam, and Eric, well, Eric looks like he could be the next Heavyweight Boxing Champion of the World.
Quote from Gudowski :Go S3, go. 12 pounds isnt much guys, its only 4-5 beers, 4-5 packs of cigaretes, or 10 packages of comdoms. Do not use them for few times and there You will have cash for S3 (and baby maybe)

50 pounds is much, 100 is much, but 12? You see.

4 or 5 beers yes, but 4 -5 packs of cigarettes? In Britain, where unhealthy and/or addictive stuff is taxed extra high to 'try to stop people using them [but actually just to get some more money]' 12 pounds is about two packets of decent cigarettes.

Not sure off the top of my head on condom prices. I don't think I've ever actually looked at the price - I'm too busy making sure no one I know sees me buying them!!!! (and besides, I'm single at the moment, so not a lot of need )
Quote from tristancliffe :4 or 5 beers yes, but 4 -5 packs of cigarettes? In Britain, where unhealthy and/or addictive stuff is taxed extra high to 'try to stop people using them [but actually just to get some more money]' 12 pounds is about two packets of decent cigarettes.

Not sure off the top of my head on condom prices. I don't think I've ever actually looked at the price - I'm too busy making sure no one I know sees me buying them!!!! (and besides, I'm single at the moment, so not a lot of need )

Two packets of cigarettes sounds more like it. Here its about $10.50-13.50AUD a packet.

Edit: inappropriate post.
I can't understand the talking about the price. Right now the game costs just 26€ for quite some real fun. And with the new track it will be arround 40€ in total. There are always new features and improvements made and with the first version you can still drive online.
Compare that with other games. Just take EA Sports. They make some rubbish improvements every year and you have to pay again 50 bugs. And try to play online with and old version there. I bet you will have some problems.

So what, drink two or three beer's less next weekend and you have your S3 money...
Quote from Mazz4200 :If money does get tight, then i see no reason why the Dev's can't branch out into other areas.
http://www.liveforspeed.pl/news/devs1.jpg

Scawen could do Timotei adverts, Vic could open a cannabis farm in Amsterdam, and Eric, well, Eric looks like he could be the next Heavyweight Boxing Champion of the World.

I'm afraid that photo is quite old, neither Scawen or Vic have long hair anymore. I wouldn't want to end up in fight with Eric though.
In iracing, 25$ is the price of some circuit like silverstone, just the circuit !
So i think for the great quality this will be, 12£ or more is nothing !
exactly thats i was thinking about.
compared to other online games, like wow - where you have to pay monthly, or iracing where you have to pay for simple content/monthly, lfs gives you lifelong opportunity to play online for few euros + updates, new content,etc....for free (except new S* stage)
Quote from tristancliffe :

ever heard of a posh-w**K? the extra time, effort, financial investment and ceremony involved separate this from a base, brutal or "lower" w**k

spoil yourself, dress the old chap up and have a posh w**k
Quote from tomylee :I can't understand the talking about the price. Right now the game costs just 26€ for quite some real fun. And with the new track it will be arround 40€ in total. There are always new features and improvements made and with the first version you can still drive online.
Compare that with other games. Just take EA Sports. They make some rubbish improvements every year and you have to pay again 50 bugs. And try to play online with and old version there. I bet you will have some problems.

So what, drink two or three beer's less next weekend and you have your S3 money...

So true, this is not a big money and i would happily pay every now and then for improvements, people have got to understand that improvements don´t come unless the dev´s get paid for there work. Just normal business. I have have been racing since 2005 for those 24 pounds i paid in the beginning....thats now 4 years, 6 punds a year.
Quote from Bob Smith :I'm afraid that photo is quite old, neither Scawen or Vic have long hair anymore. I wouldn't want to end up in fight with Eric though.

Scawen had a haircut? I want proof
Quote from VT-1 :this may be my first post, but i felt i needed to add a coment. (edit 15th post)

A few years back i found LFS by accident, and downloaded the demo. After a few months of playing 1 car and track combo, and realizing this was clearly the one of the best products on the market, i paid 24pounds for S2.

Since then i have probably wasted hundred of dollars on games. NFS, GT4, GT5, RFactor, GTR2, GTREvo, and countless non driving games. And lets not forget alot of people pad $25 plus cars and tracks to TRY iRacing!!

I still play LFS regularly, (Go EAGLES!!) and it is the ONLY peice of software i can think of that has been on my system (mutlple system really) since i got it.

I am talking about years of use for only $40. To be honest, i am not even sure how the devs business model could even make them money?

So if the Devs say $20 for some new content and the next big step, I dont see how someone could complain. That would be what? a total of $60-$70 for what could end up being 5? 6? 7? probably more years use??

tell me of another peice of software that has that kind of longevity for that money?

Thank you
(EAGLE) VT-1

indeed, most games people buy, they get bored after few weeks, lfs is definately been the best bang for that money! It's been the only game i've played so long. I can't imagine why people started this whining when devs announced new things on lfs...
Quote from sgt-KiLL :ever heard of a posh-w**K? the extra time, effort, financial investment and ceremony involved separate this from a base, brutal or "lower" w**k

spoil yourself, dress the old chap up and have a posh w**k

Yes, I have heard, but I was trying to retain a small sense of decency!!!
Quote from Bob Smith :I'm afraid that photo is quite old, neither Scawen or Vic have long hair anymore. I wouldn't want to end up in fight with Eric though.

Damn, Eric Would do perfect for the Snickers advert, Just move Mr T Out and Use Eric. I PITY THE FOOL.
Quote from Breizh :Reread Bob Smith's post in-line with Scawen's.. Putting the more expensive developments into S3 and making S3 tier of content/features available now (meaning asap, or sooner than later anyway) means, as far as I see, that Scavier can add more real cars and tracks.

Ofcourse there's more stuff on it's way after we get to buy S3, but I expected it to be there right at the release. You know, a few more cars, a few tracks etc.

So I get what you mean, but instead of getting more S3 content later, I expected it right at the release. Ah well. At least we'll be getting new stuff, which is more than welcome after such a long time.
Wow that looks awsome! And as a Engineer in geomatics seeing you used laserscanning almost gives me a boner! hehe

Now go to Nûrburg and start scanning!
On-topic:

Great news, I wanted a real track much more than anything else. I hope there will be more real tracks in future
Offtopic #1: This thread makes Speed Soro sad.
Offtopic #2: Wow, Kev is back!
We were thinking that S3 release were be in 2013 (even later), that's only the announce of the "public pre-S3 version". So they have more than three years to cover the expectatives we had (or no, everything can happen as they usuallly reminds)
I would like to mention that I appreciate the work the devs do, and that 12 quid isn't expensive at all. Don't put me in the whiners group please

*runs*
I reckon this game is the best value for money i have come across in my life because you can keep playing it for years, so i don´t mind what the future S3 license will cost....

but please release something!!!!!!!

It´s just the wait is killing me

I am really excited to see how lap times on a real circuit will compare with the virtual ones. I would also love to see compared telemetries

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG