The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Very much so (assuming you're paying eBay rates). Extremely thin DOF, but lots of fun to play with.

Reversing rings are also fun for macro on the cheap.

Well, that's the thing. New set of three Kenko AF-S compatible rings (36mm, 20mm and 12 mm) retails around 150€, I could get it with around 110, but it's still a lot of money I'd probably have more use for other more important things.

Reversing rings seems to be about 35 €, but I think it could be a bit off a hassle.
I like to the the stop motion but its kinda sometimes hard especially with dogs:-) . Sorry fopr the extra widescreen one.

Another "just for fun" shot

on Flickr
a few of late

how did you get that last shot?

Stregone i like that last "scratched up" shot of the cat, it makes it look cool in a random sort of way
Quote from oli17 :how did you get that last shot?

With a proper camera you can take shots easily from waterdrops.

--

Lens portrait :P
Attached images
IMG_4039.JPG
Just purchased:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Just purchased:

Fun lens I can tell you that. Probably the best ultrawide for crop sensor system. Focused quite close at wide end if I recall correctly. I miss that since my current FF ultrawide Nikon 20-35/2.8 can't focus under 30cm. And the FF Nikon 14-24/2.8 costs a motherload. :faint:
Quote from spankmeyer :Fun lens I can tell you that. Probably the best ultrawide for crop sensor system. Focused quite close at wide end if I recall correctly. I miss that since my current FF ultrawide Nikon 20-35/2.8 can't focus under 30cm. And the FF Nikon 14-24/2.8 costs a motherload. :faint:

I really wanted to get the Pentax/Tokina 12-24mm f/4 constant, but I couldn't really justify the $200 price difference, especially when the Sigma is (reportedly) so good optically for its price, has 2mm extra on the wide end, and the 12-24mm isn't weather-sealed either.

If I end up really disliking it, I can sell and get the 12-24, but everyone I know who has this lens likes it. I'm not worried.
Yeah, I definitely need to pick up a CPL.
You still got too much money eh?
Actually funded this one by selling a few other lenses (Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm, Pentax DA 55-300mm). I'm saving my real cash for a K-7.
Went on a fishing/hiking/drinking trip with a buddy last weekend. Got a few good shots (and a lot of really rubbish ones).

Attached images
DSCF1904.jpg
DSCF2002.jpg
DSCF2030.jpg
DSCF2051.jpg
Sunrise
Attached images
IMG_4212.JPG
IMG_4214.JPG
Well, went a bit nuts and picked this up as well (price was too good to let it go):

Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG Macro HSM II (say that five times fast!)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Well, went a bit nuts and picked this up as well (price was too good to let it go):

Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG Macro HSM II (say that five times fast!)

i'm just wondering, what is the point of all these lenses, by which i mean what makes this one different from all the others posted here? is there a site with all the information (basic to complicated) that i need to find all this out, what exposure, "f/2.8 APO" and so on are.

would be appreciated
Quote from oli17 :i'm just wondering, what is the point of all these lenses, by which i mean what makes this one different from all the others posted here? is there a site with all the information (basic to complicated) that i need to find all this out, what exposure, "f/2.8 APO" and so on are.

would be appreciated

Well, I guess wikipedia would be the best place to look for broad coverage of what goes into a lens.

The point of all these lenses is to cover all possible shooting situations and get the best possible shots for those conditions. A large aperture zoom like the one above is ideal for indoor events like weddings and so on, and also for sports, portraiture, and more. The 10-20mm I mentioned on the last page is an extreme wide-angle lens (but rectilinear, not fisheye), and it's better suited to landscapes, architecture, and shots where you want a bit of weird/playful distortion.

For the lens above, 70-200mm is the focal length--in this case, a zoom with short to long telephoto. f/2.8 is the max (and, in this case, constant throughout the zoom range) aperture. APO stands for apochromatic, which means that it has better optical correction for chromatic aberration (aka purple fringing). HSM is short for "hypersonic motor," which basically means that it has an in-lens motor that drives the autofocus, and does it silently (similar to Canon's USM). Macro means it can focus at a shorter distance from the lens than most lenses--in this case, it's only a 1:3.5 magnification. The best macro lenses go to 1:1 magnification, but these are typically dedicated prime (fixed focal length) macro lenses, not zooms.
thanks will now have a look into e-books so i can scrub up my knowledge and pretend i know what the hell you lot are on about

p.s. DWB looking forward to the review
I'd love a 200mm f/2.8 lens! Yowzer! Looking forward to seeing what photos it cranks out.. I'm getting more and more fond of Sigma's lenses recently.
but to really enjoy them and take decent pics you really need a canon camera ot put them on

i do have a sigma lens and a canon camera and althought the lens is bottom end it is still reasonable, must be the camera making it good :P
James, are you autistic or something?
He has aspergers.

Now you feel like a dick, eh?
Shit, I think I knew that, somewhere in my memory.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG