The online racing simulator
Yet another purchase:

(Just sold the Pentax kit lens to upgrade.)
Band swapped a bass player so promos redone shortly after the spring shoot earlier. Bit of a rush job as had time for scouting the day before.

Not my finest work but hope you like it.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yet another purchase:

(Just sold the Pentax kit lens to upgrade.)

I'd rater buy something ultra-wide and sigma 28-70.
I've got 28-70 2.8 and it's just great.
Even better than Zeiss lenses wich has twice sigma's price.
Quote from diNOSaur :I'd rater buy something ultra-wide and sigma 28-70.
I've got 28-70 2.8 and it's just great.
Even better than Zeiss lenses wich has twice sigma's price.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting it for you... I meant that I just bought it for myself.

I have the Sigma 10-20mm, so this will pair nicely with it and the Sigma 70-200/2.8

Current lens lineup:

Zooms:
Sigma 10-20/4-5.6
Sigma 17-70/2.8-4.5
Sigma 70-200/2.8
Pentax 55-300/4-5.8 (for when the Sigma 70-200 is too heavy to lug around)

AF Primes:
Pentax DA 21/3.2 Ltd.
Pentax DA 35/2.8 Ltd. Macro
Pentax DA 40/2.8 Ltd.
Pentax FA 50/1.4
Pentax DA 70/2.4 Ltd.
Tamron 90/2.8 Macro

MF Primes:
Pentax-M 28/3.5
Vivitar 28/2.8 Close Focus
Pentax-M 50/1.7
S-M-C Takumar 55/1.8 (M42)
Helios-44M 58/2 (M42)
Helios-44K-4 58/2
Yashinon/Tomioka 60/2.8 Macro (M42)
Jupiter-9 85/2 (M42)
Pentax-M 135/3.5

And some assorted others I don't use quite so often.
...and Don consistently shows me up with like 2 lenses. I fail.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Oh, I wasn't suggesting it for you... I meant that I just bought it for myself.

I didn't get that as suggest but nevermind
So why you choose sigma 10-20?
just because it's sigma?
Quote from diNOSaur :I didn't get that as suggest but nevermind
So why you choose sigma 10-20?
just because it's sigma?

No, because of the price, the focal range, and the awesome shots I saw from it. If I'd had the money to spend at the time I definitely would have gone with the 12-24 Pentax/Tokina, but it was a good $150+ more and I didn't see that big of a difference in image quality between the two.
Haven't posted in a while because haven't left the boring backyard in a while. Yesterday took the kids up to Erie, PA to do some swimming (yup, in that filthy water...) Here's some shots....

This guy was a bit out of his element. Wrong boat for that lake....

Plenty of sailboats out there. Here's the best shot I grabbed of a sailboat....

Heard a siren coming. We were standing along the "no wake" channel. These guys didn't seem to care about the "no wake" status and flew by at a blistering speed past everyone putting along....

And tried to do a little panning with him as he went by. Couldn't get it zoomed back quickly enough and couldn't get a good shutter speed for panning. Was shooting aperture priority at f/6.8 all day. I didn't have time, nor did I think to go one more click on aperture which would take me to f/13.5 and probably around 1/80-1/120 second rather than the 1/340 this is at.....

And my favorite of the day....

Hello!

I got my first DSLR earlier this year (may), an Canon 450D. So here are some of my pictures I've taken since then, pretty random all of them but please tell me what I can improve.

My equipment contains right now of just the body (of course), the kit 18-55 IS lens and a simple Manfrotto tripod. But pretty soon I'm going to buy a zoom lens, probably the Canon 55-250/4-5,6 IS and also the 50/1,8 II. Both pretty cheep but I think they would be nice to have.
Attached images
IMG_0478.jpg
IMG_1440s.jpg
IMG_2073s.jpg
IMG_3884s.jpg
IMG_4503s.jpg
IMG_4866.jpg
IMG_4553s.jpg
IMG_4894s.jpg
Quote from jonaz lindberg :Hello!

I got my first DSLR earlier this year (may), an Canon 450D. So here are some of my pictures I've taken since then, pretty random all of them but please tell me what I can improve.

My equipment contains right now of just the body (of course), the kit 18-55 IS lens and a simple Manfrotto tripod. But pretty soon I'm going to buy a zoom lens, probably the Canon 55-250/4-5,6 IS and also the 50/1,8 II. Both pretty cheep but I think they would be nice to have.

Welcome to the 450D club mate! Nice pics. The 18-55 sucks so I would suggest you to buy a new lens as soon as you can.

Quote from Spangler_CZE :is a pretty good car

Actually I don't know about them as I don't have experience. but somehow I don't like them, atleast they're not anything special cars to show off
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :

Actually I don't know about them as I don't have experience. but somehow I don't like them, atleast they're not anything special cars to show off

Someone could say the same about BMWs - not me, I like them
My first rally shoot.

Very nice taavi! We have a don junior here
Emmy just called me to say that the sky looked cool...so I ran out and snapped it a few times....unedited pics, just as they were taken about 5 minutes ago!

Note:..the 'spots' on the tree on the left is the reflection of the flash on raindrops from earlier in the evening!
Attached images
IMG_4632.JPG
IMG_4633.JPG
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I'm jealous to you.. btw, why aren't you in neste rally?

I wish I could be, but I couldn't go this year because of my work. Not enough days off available, so I prefered to go to Poland, which needed just 2 days off (for Finland I need 5-6 days off)
Quote from Don :I wish I could be, but I couldn't go this year because of my work. Not enough days off available, so I prefered to go to Poland, which needed just 2 days off (for Finland I need 5-6 days off)

Oh ok.
Attached images
_MG_6043278.jpg
Couple of shots from a flower show today, nothing too exciting.

"Sometimes it's nice to break the rule of thirds..."

"Alien"
Some from today

I like the bright red and green droplets. They look like small creaures living with led torches in the night photo that is.

it's all been ruined!!!!
Attached images
Pearl.jpg
Small planet.jpg
Wet Leaf.jpg
sad leaf.jpg
Lonely leaf 2.jpg
The first one is stunning! Great Photograph.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG