The online racing simulator
I still use a D70. There's no point upgrading past 6MP, the sweet spot of APS sized sensors. I'd love a full-frame DSLR though.

These pictures were probably all taken with a Nikon 28-200mm lens, though that's been sold to make way for a VR.

The attached two are of a car my friend helps to run, not quite as good but I was terrified to have my camera out and unprotected in the downpour.
Attached images
DSC_0047_1.jpg
DSC_0061.jpg
Nice shots there spook. Just thought I'd ask, what do you guys suggest to protect a camera before trying to take some shots in a rainy situation?
Quote from OneCrazyDiamond :Nice shots there spook. Just thought I'd ask, what do you guys suggest to protect a camera before trying to take some shots in a rainy situation?

If it's just drizzle, I leave it unprotected. If it's raining hard I'll put the camera inside a clear plastic bag.

My D70 is a lot hardier than I thought it would be, so I don't worry too much about it anymore. It's not like I go underwater with it.
Sorry I haven't been around to much guys, just to much goin on in my life don't get a chance to come to the forums really... ever.

Anyways, here are my two latest photoshoots i've done, got to ride on a motorcycle for the first time last thursday (bike pictures), an SV650s, what a nice bike, it's what I want and just.. can't wait to get my license.
the other is my friend's 04 Mustang 40th edition, anyways... here are links to forums with my photoshoots.

Don, sorry you don't like HDR cause I got a faux HDR of the bike, watchout though you guys, there is TONS of color in these pictures, just experimenting around with colors etc, trying to get my pace on editing, figuring out what I like.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=68612
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_4856931/tm.htm

these are not all the pictures, and not all the best pictures, but.. there are some random picks of them
What exactly is a faux HDR?

Some of those shots look nice, a few seem a bit washed out. Have you calibrated your monitor at all?
washed out? if anything they have to much contrast :S
you sure yours is?

if you're referring to the 3rd and 4th motorcycle pictures i nkow those are washed out looking, they weren't fully edited but my friend put them up anyways..
Quote from XCNuse :washed out? if anything they have to much contrast :S
you sure yours is?

if you're referring to the 3rd and 4th motorcycle pictures i nkow those are washed out looking, they weren't fully edited but my friend put them up anyways..

Sorry, I should have said blown out because of the contrast. I was actually referring to some of the Mustang ones where the buildings are overly bright, but there's no definition in the black either. I sound like I'm being critical, but I actually like the pictures.

I've done as much as I can to calibrate my screen, the glossiness isn't great for photography.
Oh, no they're just overexposed to attract more attention to the actual focus of the picture

looks like photobucket did a little editing itself too so..
Someone had complained and commented recently on a photography forum that he thought Photobucket was editing his uploaded photos as well.
Flickr is the way to go...
I like smugmug.

For just straight uploading, imageshack and tinypic are indispensable.
Adobe Photoshop Express is pretty good too. A place to store photos and a semi-decent online editor.
Quote from jibber :Flickr is the way to go...

A really clean and simple interface for sure.
Quote from Jakg :God I love HDR!

I don't...

Quote from Don :i hate that kind of "hdr", 90% of the hdr photos on the internets are heavily overdone and ugly (imho ofcourse)

Wooo, glad I'm not the only one. Imo, that kind of HDR/tonemapping is the photographic equivalent of a Hummer H2 with neons and spinners. Lots of bling, but too showy and not enough substance.

It's all a matter of taste of course, but it makes me wonder when you get some shots with massively overcooked HDR or other PP, and people love them.

Has nobody heard of graduated ND filters?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I like smugmug.

For just straight uploading, imageshack and tinypic are indispensable.

God I hate Imageshack. It is so slow. Takes up to 2 minutes sometimes to view an image...

Tinypic sure is good though
Quote from STROBE :Has nobody heard of graduated ND filters?

Unlike the latest edition of Photochop, you can't download artistic integrity, skills, know-how or quality hardware from Piratebay.

EDIT: And yes, HDR sucks sweaty donkey balls.

EDIT The Sequel: Jibber's avatar is awesome.
Quote from spankmeyer :
EDIT: And yes, HDR sucks sweaty donkey balls.

That depends on how its done imo. If you browse through flickr you'll find lots and lots of (imo) very bad HDR's. Eg. here, here or here. I honestly can't understand how anybody can find these good. Amazingly almost all of them have very positive Comments which i can't understand.

However if the effect is subtle and not too shiny i think it can look very nice. Last week i started doing some HDR's myself and i'm rather pleased with the results.
But maybe that's just my biased opinion.
Quote from spankmeyer :
EDIT The Sequel: Jibber's avatar is awesome.

Agreed.
But that's not HDR, it is tone-mapping. It may be tone-mapping an HDR photograph, but it's tone-mapping none-the-less.

I have seen some fantastic HDR photographs. HDR can really bring out the detail in some late evening shots.

HDR does not equal cartoony photographs. HDR equals bringing out and lighting the detail in shadows while not blowing out the detail in the light.
Quote from mrodgers :I have seen some fantastic HDR photographs. HDR can really bring out the detail in some late evening shots.

Tbh, I doubt many people would dispute that. HDR is an excellent tool when used to enhance an image, not create an image.

Quote from mrodgers :HDR does not equal cartoony photographs. HDR equals bringing out and lighting the detail in shadows while not blowing out the detail in the light.

Also true, but it's a bit like saying that glamour photography is classy. This is also true as technically, glamour photography can be all about the beauty and figure and form, but upon hearing the word "glamour", most people just think "tits, arse, sex appeal". In much the same way that for many (most?) people, HDR automatically leads the to create overcooked fake looking images.
Quote from falkentaka :Panasonic (Lumix) DMC-FZ50EG-S

Ha ha! Everyone with this camera on a photography forum says they have an FZ50. I'm always, "Huh? What?" immediately thinking of an LFS FZ50
#347 - Don
tone mapped HDRs were cool maybe in 2003. but after everyone started doing them (and overcooking), they started to really suck and nowadays, i haven`t seen GOOD tone mapped HDR for many months.
Quote from Highsider9 :Last week i started doing some HDR's myself and i'm rather pleased with the results.

They certainly look great.

Instantly they remind me of computer game graphics, the first two shots especially look like the preview picks for Halflife 3

Beautiful shots Highsider
what is HDR

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG