The online racing simulator
Guys no offence count me out from the ovals rounds, i won't last just going around in a circle.
Quote from rc10racer :Guys no offence count me out from the ovals rounds, i won't last just going around in a circle.

My words last year Now I know how wrong I was bout oval racing, because the events made by NDR are the best.
Quote from Ki-Men :Where are the others?
This is just a 7 names , this is unbelivable for me.
I hope that in the race will be a full grid.

6 now but 7 as I'm committed to enter this race.

But I'm worried about the grid size as well. Regardless of whether ur going in circles or not just have 10 or so cars isn't very exciting.
I think that I'm going to allow other racers for this race, if we do not get enough CART-only racers... But I still have got the hope we won't need such a rule-change
Quote from TFalke55 :I think that I'm going to allow other racers for this race, if we do not get enough CART-only racers... But I still have got the hope we won't need such a rule-change

Allow other races or just open it up to all of us in CART as long as they meet the other requirements?
Hey TFalke if you allow other racers for this speedweeks race. Count me in:
FM Fischfix - Number 18 or 81 (if possible) - Marc Westner
Quote from TFalke55 :I think that I'm going to allow other racers for this race, if we do not get enough CART-only racers... But I still have got the hope we won't need such a rule-change

that unfortunately might be necessary unless u want a field of -10. There is now a lack of k500 prac sessions as well so it is a little more difficult to complete the requirements
If you need more racers ill be happy to join as well.
Are there anymore Practice qualify sessions?
there will be just keep a look out in the K500 section
oohkey: This is how we go... all competitors please note:

LFSCART Round 4, Kyoto SpeedWeeks 400 is going to be open to all LFSCART racers... And I really do hope everyone is going to think about what to do. I'd suggest to go to Fragmaster's Oval Junkies Server to train what is coming. I think FM got 8 laps (right?) and we're going to see 25-times that distance Saturday. Anyways, FM provides a really good Oval Racing server. The problem about this method to get a bigger grid size is as clear to see as the cristal trophy of FIS skiing: Many of the participators don't have that much experience with oval racing. So THIS RACE MIGHT NOT REFLECT THE RACING PROVIDED IN THE KYOTO 500.

Please to all road course racers keep in mind: Oval racing is NOT road course racing with just 3 (/4) times turning left. This thinking does not do any good towards the racing. I want to remind you, 400miles oval racing are not easier then 400miles road course racing. I also want to tell you some things. First about the start:

We're starting in rows of two, like in the regular feature race start. What is different, that'll be the speed. We'll go the regular Safety Car speed, wich means going around 90mph/145kph (but without flux capacitor). The leader needs to continue driving this speed when approaching the LINE (a chalk line before the bend, I like to call Turn 4) When the Green flies, we go racing boys. Stay cool through the first turns and please reduce line changes to a minimum. There can be a full-course-yellow within a few seconds. Please stay cool. If you have doubts to do a move, you shouldn't try to do it, cause these doubts might fulfill and end in tears. If a caution comes out please be patient, don't shout throug ventrillo how disappointed you are with this situation.

Coming to the caution: If a caution comes out as said, stay patient. Leave, please please, leave enough room to the guys infront. And slow gentely down to 90mph/145kph. The Safety car will come to catch you within. During a caution: If you are unsure how the tires are going to devellop, to good or to bad, don't risk anything, and do a pitstop when pits are opened. The pitroad entry is, during cautions, right after Turn 3, marked by a chalk line on the inside. Please do not enter via the green flag pit road entry before Turn 3. Don't ever try to gain positions during a caution. At the end of a caution the "SAFETY CAR IN THIS LAP // T: RESTART" message will appear. It will be shown at the LINE. The Safety Car will pull off track, and the leader controls the field to stay in Safety Car speed. I will try to stay in radio contact with the leader on the restart. He is allowed to go on throttle from the middle of Turn 3. Green flag will fly between Turn 3 and the LINE.

Some general things to the racing in the Oval. Basically every Oval races over such a distance is set together out of two parts: Part one, about 3/4 of the Race, is staying on the lead lap. This is even more important then the positon in wich you're in. Lead lap means to be in a fighting situation if you get a caution at the end of the race. To stay within the lead lap, don't try risky moves, don't try to force something. The race isn't won in Turn 1. (as you could see in todays Milwaukee race) The second part of the race is the final quater or quinte, then it comes to racing for the positions. For P1 I expect the battle to start between the 5 laps and 2 laps to go mark, depending on the gap to the next group of cars (If you have something like 10 seconds to go, you can try to block the line and stuff like that within the final laps - blocking is all at your risk, and can also end in tears.) If you're in the final part, you will already have an image of what to expect, you're in the rythm. If you race for positions in the early stage, you're not yet in the rythm and you might end up in the barrier. And rythm is important for oval racing with the FO8, even more the oval racing with any other car, as the draft is really something.

If you're thinking "What's this crazy guy talking about" please note: I've seen and partly admined two short oval races last year at kyoto and kyoto reverse. I've been in the Kyoto 500 2009 and I finished it. I have, though it is little, a certain knowledge about what's important in the continuum. Please stay safe, and follow my tips (wich might be between the lines) I just have the fear, it is going ot be a mess like the 2008 Kyoto 250 (where I also was a competitor). I just don't want it to end up like last year with competitors withdrawing from the series because of a bad behaviour of the field during the Oval round. Please understand.

All right, give me some Boogity Boogity and a clean race boys. Please!

EDIT: If i said something fundamentally wrong, please correct me... it's late around here, and... you know me

EDIT 2: Qualifying - It will be a outlap-hotlap-inlap qualifying. Everyone will get one shot. However, if someone ends up in the wall, he might get a second shot granted by me. Everyone can take his shot at any time during the one hour of qualifying, by announcing me that he is willing to do.

EDIT 3: Everything follows the Kyoto 500 standards and rule set, exept start (we're doing rows of two, we're doing a outlap-hotlap-inlap qualifying and we're using LFSCART skin rules)
Everything sounds good. Only thing that I can think Falke is you might want to do 2 hotlaps. With the r2 tires seems like you will get your best laps on the 3rd lap out. So it would be and outlap-2 hotlaps-inlap. Friday's sessions didn't take to long doing it with I think 27 people, but deko gave me that number so its probably wrong. It's just something you might want to think about.
Yes you're right, FM's server is set to 8 laps.

And btw, I'll be unfortunately unable to show up, as I'll race on the GTAL.
Damn, I just found about this so it's too late to be a part of this huh? Damn, i wish I knew about this earlier... Have fun guys.
#840 - Ori
Quote from Skydiver173 :Damn, I just found about this so it's too late to be a part of this huh? Damn, i wish I knew about this earlier... Have fun guys.

Guys can't we let the experienced 500 participants race?
experienced? who said I was experienced? lol
#842 - Ori
Quote from Skydiver173 :experienced? who said I was experienced? lol

STONE COLD said so. And that's the bottom line .
I realy dont know that can I make that event , because in saturday I m working whole day and I dont know when woud I finished the job.
If i made it before start of qualy I ll be there. But .....

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Yes you're right, FM's server is set to 8 laps.

And btw, I'll be unfortunately unable to show up, as I'll race on the GTAL.

Yes "FM Junkies" Oval with Fo8 is set on 8 laps but there is not allowed r2 tyres , and because that it is not the same...
Quote from Ki-Men :
Yes "FM Junkies" Oval with Fo8 is set on 8 laps but there is not allowed r2 tyres , and because that it is not the same...

Yesterday it was set to r3

It let me race with r4 anyway.
Quote from hyntty :Yesterday it was set to r3

It let me race with r4 anyway.

I'll look into this. Someone keeps changing it back to R3s and R4s.

Anyway, On an 8 lap race (like our servers are set for), you wont learn much about tire wear, BUT you will learn a lot about driving techniques on the Oval. Whether on R2s or R4s, I highly recomend that some of you join and learn something. Feel free to ask questions to those that can help. Don't be shy.
Round 4
Attached images
Flyer_Round4.jpg
Flyer_Round4_low.jpg
\o/
Cool one.
and the ads
Attached images
KY_ADS1.jpg
KY_ADS2.jpg
KY_ADS4.jpg
KY_ADS5.jpg