The online racing simulator
Quote from lizardfolk :Uhhh... didn't Bier DC after Rosic? I'm quite sure he didnt finish P20

Quote from Agarash :These results are unofficial and could be changed after penalties, proper laps done checked etc.

The results are done right after the race and you can be quite sure only let's say about top10 in the championship. I always check all the disconnects and retirements the day or two after the race so consider this, please.
Quote from Ki-Men :Sorry guys , unfortunatly for me , I can`t make it, the event on round 3 ( I will be on the road on buisnis trip , at 16 and 17 May) , and with that I automaticaly loosing the right to be on Kyoto 400 event, and the Kyoto 500 event same thing :eek: :irked::bunny::gnasher::dnfnoob::chair::hypnotize

Actually, Kyoto 500 is treated as a stand-alone event, so you can enter that providing you have the laps, hotlap, and two sessions.

d
If that the case on Kyoto 500 , the 300 laps is the smallest problem , just have to made the two practice sesion before them, the hotlap is uploaded.
Those look good now. Thank you very much
for me race was allright.
got turned around in the sprint but made my way back to better positions.
i had lag problems aswell, didnt get any dc but i think it cost me 1 position
cause i had to stay behing agarash when he came out of the pits cause he was jumping all over the track (but he was faster then me anyways, so
i do not think that i would have been able to hold him behind me)
but in my opinion it was not the server, just some people who were connected.
cause i've still been on the server when races were over and after some people disconnected lagometer was perfect.
so i think it would be better just to have a look at peoples pings.
if the situation with lag is that bad again in south city, rudy and the other fast guys might get into trouble while overlapping slower cars...

karkar
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
I'm not sure, I think it might have been the server. Round about the time Agarash pitted I was seeing a lot of laggy cars as well but it cleared up soon after. Did make for a hairy few laps though.
#632 - Ori
Quote from Ki-Men :some questions for Kyoto 400

2) No R3 (+ R4) tyres

are you really serios, no r3 tyres ? You must be jocking , r2 tyres on this track wont last 20 laps, ekspecialy on the front . outside.

Same opinien here. Forcing us to use r2s definately is a decision u should reconsider.
as Jackson and Deko already stated earlier, we've had already events of 200 lap a run, with R2s only, and it worked very well. It were Events which ran in partnership with Fragmasters, and I've heard no complaint from their side.
For the 400 miles it should make a difference of 1 pitstop more I predict. No need to worry!
Even the critical thing of restarts after cautions is not that problematic, cause the r2s are getting temperature very quickly.

r2s are also a bit slower over the distance then r3s and much slower then r4s (r4s can do up to 310 km/h without draft or wind, with r3s i got 300km/h and with r2s around 295km/h(that setup was for r4s though and I just did put some r2s on))
Quote from TFalke55 :(that setup was for r4s though and I just did put some r32s on))

There's your problem. I don't think Nissan Skylines were made for being tyres
Quote from Ori :Same opinien here. Forcing us to use r2s definately is a decision u should reconsider.

Honestly, I see no reason why we should reconsider this. We have tested R2s only in racing conditions before, there have been no major problems that can't be fixed by a bit of setup work, or a bit of tire management. It's really a part of racing, managing your tyres.

On the oval, it's also not about blocking or going for the hole when you have it. Oval is all about working together to get the fastest times possible.

However, the R2s are still decently fast, and require more patience and knowing of when to push from drivers. So overall, they should be good to go. The only problems ever had with them were due to some bad setups from drivers...less aggressive cambers are a good help, from my recollection.

d
2009 Kyoto 500 : Practice Session 1
Quote from nathan246 :NDR|LFSBC & NDRC? why its no NDR|LFSCART 2009?

Because we use the same actual server for our events. I just change the name.

d
Quote from nathan246 :NDR|LFSBC & NDRC? why its no NDR|LFSCART 2009?

Because there's an LFSBC race the next day and deko might not get chance to change it.

And for the '500, the server will probably be called NDR|2009 Kyoto 500
actually I updated the entry list
Thought Id share my 2 cents here..,,

R2s are horrible for oval racing imo(compared to R3s and R4s) But they provide exiting racing, where noone can be sure what will happend, when You will be slipstreaming multiple cars for multiple laps..
Most of the time most of the people, will after 15 laps of hardcore slipstreaming(heavy fuel load+high winds) have cooked their right fronts so hard, and wont be able to go to the inside lane in turn 3. Instead they will slowly develop more heat on the right front and end up in lane 3-4 in turn 3 leaving a huge trail of tire smoke behind them(which does look really awesome) However I have completed some events using R2 tires and it was fun no doubt!

For the exitement of an Oval race, Id vote for R2s, for the safest way for an Oval race Id vote for R3s+R4s, but who said Oval racing should be safe and predictable..

Allthough I do predict lots of safetycar session for such an event, when running R2s, but heck there are allways safetycar sessions in oval racing!

Best of luck to the guys participating
eh, nothing can be worse than that NASCAR race at Indy where the tire company messed the tires up so much that everyone had to pit after 15 laps -_-

I say keep the R2s. You've already put that in the rules and it does make for a more exciting race. I personally dont like the rule because this means I have to force myself to adapt to something that I already know very well and that can be frustrating.

But hey, better for the series and better for the spectators I assume and from what i'm getting from the front runners R2 wont exactly turn the oval races into a crapfest. I say keep it, even if it means me throwing out all my previous oval experience coming into the LFSCART races

Quote from lamerr :but who said Oval racing should be safe and predictable..

Allthough I do predict lots of safetycar session for such an event, when running R2s, but heck there are allways safetycar sessions in oval racing!

Exactly, it's one of the elements that make oval racing nerve wrecking and adding this to LFSCART can be a plus even if it means ruining a lot of people's day (and potentially mine).
Hey I was at the Indy Race Last yeah and I have pictures to prove it!
Cant you make the session like 30 min longer , i need to work on friday evenings and ill be back around 19:30 utc or is just 30 min of driving oke?
I have registered for the Kyoto 500, I am not participating in other CART races, and unlike my FM team-mate I don't have a problem necessarily with R2.

I cannot argue that R4/R3 are the preferred choice if you could choose anything, but even R3's last ages when drafting and I am looking forward to the challenge of having to try to manage tires.

I believe this race is supposed to represent the pinnacle challenge, having R3's would make such a challenge a hell of a lot easier for experienced oval drivers.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :Cant you make the session like 30 min longer , i need to work on friday evenings and ill be back around 19:30 utc or is just 30 min of driving oke?

As long as you do some laps and look like it was useful, it's fine to show up at 19:30. Unless there's some epic fail behavior or driving, I tend to give the credit without fail.

d
Quote from aroX123 :- LFSName: SRLT J.Teien
- First and Last Name: Jarl Teien
- Car Number (between 1 and 109): 4#
- Country (Using ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 standard): NOR
- Team Affiliation (if applicable): SimRacing Lithuania Team

your entry is permitted but you need to choose another number as #4 belongs to FRO... please also watch your thread about the official Kyoto 500 because of the starting numbers... for LFSCART your starting number must be 2-digit
please note that the Kyoto 500 has got a special skin rules.

Quote from dekojester :Hello Racers:

Please post high-resolution versions of your skins for the 2009 Kyoto 500 here. This year, we are requiring the event logo to be affixed in three locations - both sides of the airbox, and on the nose. The car number is required to be on the rear wing endplates, and on the nose of the car. The driver's flag (indicated in the sample as a black rounded rectangle) and first initial and last name are to be displayed along the cockpit edge. A sample of desired placement is attached. The event logo is attached. The New Dimension Racing Logo is also attached - you may put this on your skin, but you are not required to put the NDR logo on.

The provided flags for LFSCART are fine, but you may also use your own flag image for your country.

All locations of the number must have the number not conflicting with the background.

Post any questions or comments here. You must post your skin here prior to the start of qualifying on 20 June.

We'll also post track adverts and the safety car skin here, when available.

d

Quote from dekojester :Ya need the Kyoto 500 logo somewhere on the airbox.

Remember - YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RUN THE LFSCART required elements for this race. As long as you follow the requirements here, you'll be good to go. Feel free to do up an epically special skin for this race.

d

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1149814#post1149814
Changed to 7, i saw noone with it (and if it is anyone with it, give me the lowest number possible)

Btw, thank for letting me in !
Quote from aroX123 :Changed to 7, i saw noone with it (and if it is anyone with it, give me the lowest number possible)

Btw, thank for letting me in !

7 is also given away...

the following numbers are free:

6, 12, 14, 15, 20, 21, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 34, 35, 39, 40, 41, 43, 44, 49, 56, 57, 59, 60, 63, 64, 65, 67, 68, 76, 79, 84, 85, 89, 90, 91, 92, 94, 95, 98, (1)02, (1)03, (1)04, (1)05, (1)07, (1)08, (1)09

*=the numbers with a leading (1) mean that you are allowed to put e.g. 02 onto your skin instead of 102, but you're forced to use "102 J.Teien" as name.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG