The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from nisskid :and the unfortunate part is that often it has nothing to do with the actual drifting and more to do which an elitist attitude racing enthusiasts hold.

Has nothing to do with it really, I don't care very much about either. I just think saying crashing your car equals good driving and finding your limits is odd.

I understand you crash when searching for limits, but actually making it as a part of it sounds wrong.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Has nothing to do with it really, I don't care very much about either. I just think saying crashing your car equals good driving and finding your limits is odd.

I understand you crash when searching for limits, but actually making it as a part of it sounds wrong.

i never said crashing means ur good, i just said that it doesnt mean ur bad.

here's a quote i grabbed off my home forum from on the guys driving in one of those vids, the white S13 in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SPAICB_Oe8

Quote :To look good you need to really have the car on the edge of losing it, which often ends up as stacks LOL If you arent driving like that then the circut racers really do have a point about drifting being a glorified burn out.

ill ask u this, how would i know how close i can get to those tyres, without hitting them first? ur talking about ur car sideways at over 100k's, the back end a few meters wider than where ur sitting in the car, ur trying to get it a few inches away from the tyres, how do u magically predict how close ur rear end is to the tyres? that's how i dinged up my rear 1/4 panel, slowly getting closer and closer until i found out just how far i could go. and this process never stops, u always want to get closer, u always want to push harder.
Just don't understand it.. If it was me, I'd like to know how close I can get to the tyres, I don't need to know how close I can get to hit them

And stop talking about 100 k's, I don't know what kinda car you have, but most cars don't reach 100 000 revs.
guess he means speed, 100km/h...
Quote from Osco :guess he means speed, 100km/h...

I must be out of this lingo apparently..
Quote from nisskid :drift and race are different, simple.

Yeah I totally agree. I didn't realize the post I responded to was talking about drifting. I just assumed it was talking about racing. But yeah I can see with drifting that if you're already at your maximum possible slip angle that a bit more will be too much and you're done
Quote from sgt.flippy :Just don't understand it.. If it was me, I'd like to know how close I can get to the tyres, I don't need to know how close I can get to hit them

And stop talking about 100 k's, I don't know what kinda car you have, but most cars don't reach 100 000 revs.

and how would u acheive this understanding of how close u were? is ur car equipped with a special device which measures the distance?

if u can tell me exactly how close my rear end is to the tyres on the big corner (the 4th corner after the straight) then id be glad to hear it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc0Eq5LRnWY
Quote from sgt.flippy :I must be out of this lingo apparently..

mine and millions of other people across the world.
Quote from nisskid :mine and millions of other people across the world.

Everytime someone talks about "k's" I think about revs, because k = 1000.

And eventually, never mind, I'll never understand this "sport" I think. In racing you'd never need to know how close your rear missed something, since you shouldn't be going sideways. Guess my mind is just too much into racing to understand drifting..
and there's that lovely elitist attitude we all love.
Quote from nisskid :and there's that lovely elitist attitude we all love.

What's "ellitist" about what I said?

Now it's starting to sound like racism, when somebody doesn't like you, you shout RACISM.

What I said had nothing to do with elitism, in racing you normally just don't like your car meeting walls or tyre stacks and generally you also don't need to know how close your ass was to the wall, as long as it doesn't hit it it's okay.
Quote from nisskid :and there's that lovely elitist attitude we all love.

Could you point it out a bit better please cos I really didn't notice any elitism in the last few posts previous to yours.
Quote from sgt.flippy :What's "ellitist" about what I said?

Now it's starting to sound like racism, when somebody doesn't like you, you shout RACISM.

What I said had nothing to do with elitism, in racing you normally just don't like your car meeting walls or tyre stacks and generally you also don't need to know how close your ass was to the wall, as long as it doesn't hit it it's okay.

using the word "sport" in brackets? maybe i misunderstood that, but it sounds like ur questioning whether it is a real sport.

either way, i dont want to get into it, unless u know the sport, u wont understand it. just like a lot of people dont understand the use of driving a car around a circuit as fast as they can.
Quote from nisskid :using the word "sport" in brackets? maybe i misunderstood that, but it sounds like ur questioning whether it is a real sport.

either way, i dont want to get into it, unless u know the sport, u wont understand it. just like a lot of people dont understand the use of driving a car around a circuit as fast as they can.

Golf, dancing, figure skating, diving are "sports" too.

Does that make you feel better?

Edit: racing is "sport" too. They are motorsports though, different thing.
there was a typo there, i mean wraped in quotes, not brackets. but besides that u seemed to completely miss the point, i dont know whether its intentional or not, dunno. but really, i cbf arguing it.
I decided to go about spraying the front wing today, and the amount of fail that took place as a result of this idea was to such a degree, that even i am apprehensive about mentioning it.

So, off we go then...

I re-masked up the car, re-cleaned and dried the surface again as i have been doing this over the course of evenings this week and didn't want to risk any contamination.

Paint time!!!

I began spraying, in gentle strokes whilst maintaining the same distance from the panel (10 inches or so) and spraying in the same direction as recommended with metallics (something to do with flakes) which seemed to be going well.

Thats all it was, seemed. in reality, something went wrong.

I was left with what can only be decribed as this..

Imagine, if you will, a thin, watery, glittery compound, of which every stroke was a different colour to the one before it, landing on the wing in streaks, together with some runs i had created whilst trying to spray out this inconsistant nightmare, resulting in at least 47'500 shades of silver cascading happily down the wing like a slow moving waterfall, dragging any of the even finish that i had achieved, purely by chance, away like a vacuum.

Then, just to seal my fate, huge areas of chernobyl like activity had taken place on the surface as well, which appeared to be reaction to something that looked like iron filings stuck to a magnet.

I am very disheartened by this, as i have sprayed both metallic and non metallic paints in the past on many different makes and ages of vehicle, without anything like this ever happening before, and i also prepered and cleaned all surfaces fully in order to minimize any risk of this kind of thing

I would honestly be happier driving with a smashed up wing instead, plus i also belive that this abomination in its current state, because it is on the passengers side of the car, may well scare small children and the elderly.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Quote from sgt.flippy :...And eventually, never mind, I'll never understand this "sport" I think. In racing you'd never need to know how close your rear missed something, since you shouldn't be going sideways. Guess my mind is just too much into racing to understand drifting..

I need slapped for possibly perpetuating this rediculous argument, but we established long ago, (in the drift vs. racing topic), that drifting isn't racing. That's not to put it down, at all, but the two are completely different motorsports. If it's not for you, no problemo. The end. (though I don't really know any racing fans that don't enjoy hanging something sideways from time to time!) My only personal problems with it are the idiots that attempt it in public, and the wannabe's who think it's racing. (which nisskid certainly isn't!) Personally I'm a grip guy, but love drifting in the snow and in certain games! (not LFS) If I had the budget to try it IRL I probably would, and there's no doubt the skills used could help in racing as well.

danthebangerboy - sorry to hear things didn't work out.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Pics or it didn't happen.

Pics will be along just as soon as my phone has charged.
Probably best to get a proper aerosol (cba to speel check, i know its wrong ) The cheap ones will never do you any justice, usually if you go to somewhere that will make the paint colour, they will provide the paint in a professional canister, that way the 2 main possibilities will be assesed, the paint, and the spray. It will be easier too, the paint in those canisters come out very thin and it has a wide spray. Get one!
The pics....

Now its all dried fully the colour isnt that bad, its just the bits where it decided not to stick properly and/or react with something, resulting in a slimy goopy mess that i ended up trying to wipe with a cloth as it wouldnt dry.
Attached images
wing1.jpg
wing2.jpg
wing3.jpg
Quote from danthebangerboy :The pics....

Now its all dried fully the colour isnt that bad, its just the bits where it decided not to stick properly and/or react with something, resulting in a slimy goopy mess that i ended up trying to wipe with a cloth as it wouldnt dry.

ahh thats unfortunate - well... more time to bond with the banger i guess ( banger taken from yer' name: no offense )
This is maybe a bit OT because it's not exactly about my car.

But, it seems like my dad got himself a Ford now too.

Tho I would prefer his ex-car, it was a really nice '96 Primera 2.0 in mint condition.
Quote from danthebangerboy :The pics....

Eww... sand, primer and start again!
Ok i'll play, registered to the forum in 2004, and now 5 years later, i do my first post on it

here's my summer ride:

1982 VW Golf 1600Diesel 5spd
original engine, now up to 532 000km, still runs like a champ.

http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... z/Bunny82/DSC03727HDR.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... yerz/Bunny82/DSC03718.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... yerz/Bunny82/DSC03720.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... z/Bunny82/DSC03773HDR.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... z/Bunny82/DSC03759HDR.jpg

And why not, me with the golf:
http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... yerz/Bunny82/DSC03634.jpg

This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG