The online racing simulator
Quote from nautzki :Just the word fanboy seems a little overused lately, in my eyes.

Well it may be. And when you say overused I think you also mean misused. The term whiner, however, has seen much more overuse and misuse, surely in the many threads about the VWS.
THE SCIROCCO IS NEVER COMING.

Quote from trebor901 :Which you stole from me

I'll get you another one no worries.

Which reminds me I need to stick my MX Rev on ebay for you!!
Quote from SamH :And exactly how many of these people are there, please? You talk like you know how many there are, so please share with the class. How many people are annoyed but never say anything to anyone, please?

No one knows for sure, but I guess LFSW stats could give some indication.

I only know from interest in events and comps in Aus. It's on the decline and has been for that way for 18 months atleast.

I still run a LAN party every few weeks, with about 90 regulars. The majority being LFS players in the past. Not one person has raised any interest in playing LFS, despite my attempts to change that. Most haven't played LFS in over a year and have lost interest in the game due to stagnation.

I appreciate your effort to put a positive spin on everything, I was in your camp a year ago, but I'm disenfranchised about the community and declining interest in the game. I put a lot of time and money (colo/LANs) into maintaining a community and the disconnection is doing a great disservice to LFS.

This is not really about the Scirocco.
Okay, I'm sorry the be another user complaining, but were almost in May and we don't even get any news about the patch..

As a developer, I understand that unpredicted problems can arrise during software development, but we're already 4 months ahead of a supposedly nearly finished version.

My guess is that the devs must be working on complex new things for such a delay. If it's taking so long, maybe there is a major code refactoring going on. I don't know. I'm just curious. (For non-coders: sometimes major code refactoring is required, even though users might not even notice any difference in usage).

I understand why Scavier won't say anything about new features or progress, because if he promisses something and problems that can't be fixed shortly arrise, everyone will complain.
But, I think we already deserve at least a simple progress report. Are we gonna have to wait 1 month? 4 months? Weeks?

Or at least tease us with one new feature that probably will make it to the next version.

From one dev to another: please give us just a small progress report .

I've been away from LFS for almost a year now, and recently started playing again... "Restarted" with the original GTI + Blackwood combination, and it's fun as usual... I also noticed that playing LFS is like riding a bike... You never forget it. =)

Well, that's it. I know I won't probably make a difference, but at least I tried. I'm being honest on my argumentation.

Keep up the good work Scavier...

Nicolas
I really can understand why SamH is irritated. I didn't see the posts by AMB, but every other one I read is very annoying, simply because most of it has been said already. As said, the only reason why this thread is still up is to prevent to pop up of similar threads.

About the silence, let's be logical :

Why do you think Scavier doesn't give anymore time prediction ? Just look at what happened in December.

They do that to protect you from being disappointed if they have to postpone it again. I mean, coding, programming, engineering, building a race car, etc all have the same risk : by the end of the final inspection, you realize something which is like : "Wow, wow WTF is that, this shouldn't behave like this, I have to fix my mistake". And then you delay.

Earlier this year, I came on the forums once per day. Now it's once per week. I don't play LFS anymore, not because I don't like it, but because a touchpad isn't the more appropriate controller to : 1/ Race well ; 2/ Make progress ; 3/ Enjoy your time. By july, I will fly back where my G25 is, and I can assure you guys that Scirocco or not, I will race and win you

You are right to be deceptive about the reason behind the silence ! It's the only way to get surprised when the new patch come out. You will enjoy it even more. So please, keep moaning, because behind your moaning, you show that you still love LFS deep and you trust the developpers to surprise you. Otherwise, if you had no hope, you would just not come back anymore here, deinstall the game, and move on. (Otherwise, if you are hopeless about LFS and still come here to bitch, I suggest you apply my 3 "GET" method to be happy : "Get out ! Get drunk ! Get Laid !" - and for those who are underage no matter where they are around the world, I suggest you do the same... One more step toward manliness !)

And remember when you were a child. Asking your dad 'Are we there yet?' did not make the car go faster
Quote from SilverArrows77 :wow, must have taken you awhile to finish typing that post then, cause its nearly May now

Oops.. "Typo"...

Quote from Zen321 :...
You are right to be deceptive about the reason behind the silence ! It's the only way to get surprised when the new patch come out. You will enjoy it even more. So please, keep moaning, because behind your moaning, you show that you still love LFS deep and you trust the developpers to surprise you. Otherwise, if you had no hope, you would just not come back anymore here, deinstall the game, and move on. (Otherwise, if you are hopeless about LFS and still come here to bitch, I suggest you apply my 3 "GET" method to be happy : "Get out ! Get drunk ! Get Laid !" - and for those who are underage no matter where they are around the world, I suggest you do the same... One more step toward manliness !)

And remember when you were a child. Asking your dad 'Are we there yet?' did not make the car go faster

Hahhahaha, that was great .

Hopefully everyone can see that my post is not an actual complaint... I'm just pretty much curious on what the outcome will be. I've even said I played the GTI+Blackwood and had much fun.

Either way, 4 months is a long way...

But I'm still here waiting... I've never given up. I know it will come sometime... But I'm definitelly getting curious!
Quote from Zen321 :I really can understand why SamH is irritated. I didn't see the posts by AMB, but every other one I read is very annoying, simply because most of it has been said already.

What's annoying is people trying to speak for the dev's and defend their position with little to no evidence to backup there assertions. Probably this, possibly that. Jumping to conclusions, by string a few loose words together from posts.
Quote from Zen321 : And remember when you were a child. Asking your dad 'Are we there yet?' did not make the car go faster

Worst analogy ever.
Quote from Macfox :What's annoying is people trying to speak for the dev's and defend their position with little to no evidence to backup there assertions. Probably this, possibly that. Jumping to conclusions, by string a few loose words together from posts.

Could you develop the "defend their position" ? Does that refer to the forumer's position, or the dev's position.

Your quote is good, because I can say the total opposite if you meant : defend the devs' position :

"What's annoying is people trying to assert the development of LFS has stopped, and affirm the devs don't work anymore with no evidence and only disputable assumptions to backup their opinions."

If you meant the first sence (defend themselves), then I agree with you.

Nobody knows more than another. This is like a religion war. Both sides have an unverifiable and disputable answer to the same question "What is god ?", and they fight vehemently for that. So let's focus on being happy in the forums, together, we have no need to fight for that.

Or, we could launch a Star Wars Jedi Academy server, and have a "Light Side" (peaceful, patient dev supporters) vs "Dark Side" (angry moaners) team free-for-all, and I'm sure it'll let everyone let the steam off.

And my analogies make total sense.
Quote from Zen321 :Could you develop the "defend their position" ? Does that refer to the forumer's position, or the dev's position.

Your quote is good, because I can say the total opposite if you meant : defend the devs' position :

"What's annoying is people trying to assert the development of LFS has stopped, and affirm the devs don't work anymore with no evidence and only disputable assumptions to backup their opinions."

If you meant the first sence (defend themselves), then I agree with you.

Nobody knows more than another. This is like a religion war. Both sides have an unverifiable and disputable answer to the same question "What is god ?", and they fight vehemently for that. So let's focus on being happy in the forums, together, we have no need to fight for that.

Or, we could launch a Star Wars Jedi Academy server, and have a "Light Side" (peaceful, patient dev supporters) vs "Dark Side" (angry moaners) team free-for-all, and I'm sure it'll let everyone let the steam off.

And my analogies make total sense.

The dev's position.

LFS progress hasn't stopped, but it's slowing. There's extreme points being put by both side and I agree they're certainly annoying.

However the dev's approach is their business and they don't need spokes people for them, adding there own spin on things, try to win the hearts of the dev's.

There's plenty here that are frustrated with the pace of development, should be able to share that with others of the same opinion, free from the spin doctors and dev defenders.

BTW... Your analogy stinks because it paints everyone with that adolescent brat stereo type used by fanboys (which you don't come across as).

Star Wars Jedi Academy sounds great, but what if we win? What are we fighting for?
Quote from Macfox :

I only know from interest in events and comps in Aus. It's on the decline and has been for that way for 18 months atleast.

Don't know what comps you've been looking at, but Monday Night Racing is almost at the point of having to use 3 Servers
Quote from r8response :Don't know what comps you've been looking at, but Monday Night Racing is almost at the point of having to use 3 Servers

Yes that true. I just commissioned the third server last week. MNR is a well run event and is exception to the trend. However several other events/servers I provided hosting for have fallen by the wayside.
Quote from Macfox : Yes that true. I just commissioned the third server last week. MNR is a well run event and is exception to the trend. However several other events/servers I provided hosting for have fallen by the wayside.

LOL, i only just put two and two together and realised whom you are....

Thanks for all your work
Quote from r8response :Don't know what comps you've been looking at, but Monday Night Racing is almost at the point of having to use 3 Servers

I agree... the swedish Torsdagsrace(thursdayrace) is nowdays running 2 servers, as opposed to around a year ago when only 1 server was needed.

I think a common mistake is to not take acount for what time of the year it is, not everyone has 24/7 they can play LFS.. just look at it like this.

Spring: lots of schoolwork for the graduating classes, that means less time to spend on LFS.

Summer:
vacations, campingtours, summerjobs, normal jobs, an urge to spend more time outside in general.

Autumn:
School is getting started for some, work gets back for the others, this seems to be the most active period for LFS.

Winter: cristmas holday, new year.

So if you look at it that way you soon realise that there is shitloads of stuff that takes up the players time... even during the most active time of the year. Wich is autumn and winter, there is still alot of things that "gets in the way" and takes up time...

And to make things even more worse i havent taken into account things like, Real life, friends, family, jobs, sickness, other hobbies... wich haunts for just about the entire year...

I dont think that LFS is loosing "that much" people, its just that in comparison to a few years ago.. people tends to be a little more healthy and actually do something else, besides spend 99% of their spare time at the computer.

it isnt about the scirocco i know... but its a theory i have about LFS players... so please feel free to comment it.
I'll give some of you who are moaning a tip. Delete LFS from your bookmarks and come back here in a month. Your life shouldn't revolve around LFS anyway.
-
(The Very End) DELETED by The Very End
-
(The Very End) DELETED by The Very End
1 or 2 months ago, Scawen said that they are working on it and there will be features that we know and other that we don't know, think that it will be released in December 2009 and you all will be happy waiting.
wtf has happened to lfs.. no proper servers anymore and everything is shit, everything because of scirocco not here yet?

look at the server list.. BL BL BL BL BL BL BL

I rather play in singleplayer than step in any of those servers
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Reason for that is because demo servers are now listed there aswell. So most likely there are demo users there. It happend after they made it so that the demo users had to create accounts to play online.
Demo server should be in it's own section and s1-s2 server in the same.. Can't stand to find a s2 server through the huge demo server list
Agree on that. I am not home so I canot confirm anything, but aren't there are filter method for filtering away demo servers? (not the old way or having separate list of servers demo/S1/S2)
Use LFSW server browser + Join2LFS
Still it's better to have all that in-game, but I guess that is a matter of choise. On one side it's great having everything on one site, but at same time most people just uses the game itself to browse for servers.
Neverthless, pretty far off topic hehe.
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG