The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
The least they could do is to make a it possible to make a custom COCKPIT veiw. But again, I see this is going to turn out to this usually I'm-the-arcade-racer here while the others are more-realistic-than-real-life-itself attitute.

Edit.

Alltho I see the point about racing on same grounds, but all I wanted was at least the possibility to change the veiw in the cockpit. Even not much, but to somewhat get a better looking, wouldn't call that a too great advantage.
Quote from Michael Denham :I just got an offer for 3 months of iRacing for $25, might take that... could someone please tell me when the next season starts please? I want to get the 3 months at the last possible time so I know it will last for the whole season, but I don't know how to find it myself given I'm not currently subscribed

Got that too, would love to take advantage...but need a better PC.

Time to talk nicely to my Bank Manager
Financial crisis FTW!
You can change FOV to what you like, I use 72 degrees to see mirrors in Mazda and Skippy.
How did you guys get a 3 month deal for $25 by the way?

Oh, and as for the season start; I would not worry too much about it if you are not active in the service yet. The rookie seasons just take 4 weeks these days, and even in one week you can gain the stats needed to promote to D-class. I think a new rookie season starts in 3 weeks. (the 23rd of this month)
Quote from Jertje :How did you guys get a 3 month deal for $25 by the way?

Played for a while and then quit. Waited for them to come crawling back?

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Played for a while and then quit. Waited for them to come crawling back?

Same with me I got the same offer.
Does that 3 month deal come with the iRacing dollars like the normal 3 month deal?
I've played a month before and got no offer
Quote from The Very End :Alltho I see the point about racing on same grounds, but all I wanted was at least the possibility to change the veiw in the cockpit. Even not much, but to somewhat get a better looking, wouldn't call that a too great advantage.

I agree. Nothing wrong with a customisable cockpit view (within reason).
Quote from The Very End :
...Although I see the point about racing on same grounds, but all I wanted was at least the possibility to change the view in the cockpit. Even not much, but to somewhat get a better looking, wouldn't call that a too great advantage.

My God! I never in a million years thought I'd see those words written by TVE. Whatever next, Zeugnimod?
Lol, you never thought I would give up the chase veiw? I trying to go the right way, atm I using camera stiched on the roof of the car, but hopefulle one day I'll use cockpit. The only thing that hassle me with cockpit is the lack of veiw, I just don't feel familiar with it. Even a real car has much more overveiw in the "cockpit" veiw.
I always used to drive in LFS with the two front wheels only showing until I got iRacing. Since then every driving game I use cockpit view and love it. Don't be static and give a change a go you know you want to!!!!!
Bought it earlier

Legends are tricky b*stards to get rght on the short ovals, I spent 3hrs trying to nail one corner in testing.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Bought it earlier

Legends are tricky b*stards to get rght on the short ovals, I spent 3hrs trying to nail one corner in testing.

For ultimate fun, go participate in Legends Road Series
Quote from The Very End :Lol, you never thought I would give up the chase veiw? I trying to go the right way, atm I using camera stiched on the roof of the car, but hopefulle one day I'll use cockpit. The only thing that hassle me with cockpit is the lack of veiw, I just don't feel familiar with it. Even a real car has much more overveiw in the "cockpit" veiw.

Just get in the car, slam the door and drive. Stop pussyfooting around. Be brave, it'll make a man out of you.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Bought it earlier

The Legends are sooooo easy to drive. Just let off the gas a little and throw it in there so the back end slides a bit, then get back on the gas slowly coming out of the turn. Make sure you don't burn up your front tires otherwise you won't be able to turn at all. So far the most fun I've had in iRacing is the Legends rookie series.
I do that

The problem is that either it pushes up into the wall, or it goes so slow I make it round the turn but lose a lap

Take South Boston. I come across the line at 70, lift off into 1, the front end plows up no matter how slowly I take the corner. Or I can get it round the turn then back snaps on me

EDIT: Is it worth buying the Skippy for offline testing? I know it'll be a while before I can get to it online, but...:P
If you're plowing going into the turn then I don't think you're turning in fast enough.
Hmm, I can sling you a replay if you want? If I work out how to save them that is
If you're even remotely insterested in road racing, Skippy is definately worth it. It can be quite handful at start but it's very good for learning tracks.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Hmm, I can sling you a replay if you want? If I work out how to save them that is

Sure try and figure it out, then I'll try and figure out how to view them on my end.
If you are having a problem making the car turn on South Boston then try dipping your left side tires on/below the yellow line in the corner.

*Car control required*
Quote from Crommi :For ultimate fun, go participate in Legends Road Series

totally agree.... love doing the TT's in this!

Quote from Crommi :If you're even remotely insterested in road racing, Skippy is definately worth it. It can be quite handful at start but it's very good for learning tracks.

The skippy takes a lot to get the control and slide right. I've just got the Mazda and I think that is awesome fun! On Laguna its a real pleasure to drive!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG