The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Is this by any chance gonna be on the PS3 now?
Looking good.
"unlimited 2"

Like the first one was unlimited, but this new one is even more unlimited :P

I would suggest renaming it to Test Drive Chuck Norris, he counted to infinity twice
It's not in africa.
I loved the first one!
Can't wait for this!

EDIT: I hope they make it more as a sim than arcade this time too!
As long as it won't have TDU1 issues
Looks good and promising.
But i hope they will change the silly physics.
It seems like South America for me.
Read the link/thread posted in the OP. If they know what they are talking about, then it's not in Africa. EDIT: Sorry, missread your post.

I doubt they'll make it less arcade this time around. Will still be fun to play most likely.
Still looks like "painting by numbers" graphics.

Love the day/night thing and weather, hopefully the offroad physics will be decent. Bit split on the idea of licences and "enemies" though... And it still looks like TDU1.
Quote from danowat :The first one was VERY good, even though it had a few issues, I had, and am having, a lot of fun playing it.

The major issue that totally killed for me what would've of been a passable driving game was the fact that the road surface has such a stupidly low polygon count that made it basically unplayable in the hills - at least for me. Nothing more annoying than feeling like the road is made out of panels.
Quote from xaotik :The major issue that totally killed for me what would've of been a passable driving game was the fact that the road surface has such a stupidly low polygon count that made it basically unplayable in the hills - at least for me. Nothing more annoying than feeling like the road is made out of panels.

+1, the road surface was one of (if not THE) biggest issue with TDU1, we can only hope the TDU2 cures this somewhat.
i had lots of performanceproblems and bugs with TDU on the pc. i hope it will be released for the ps3. then i will have a look at it.

could be great .
In the pictures it looks like they are still using the same crappy graphics engine, hope that's not final.

Hopefully they will include a proper LAN mode this time.
Offroad?!?!?!?!? yes i am definatly gonna buy it
Wot, I thought they stopped development.

Hooray! =D

This is a good news week!

EDIT: websites stopped saying it's cancelled, but I don't see any new cars.

could be fake.

EDIT2: although... http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?id=9305

it is UNcancelled =D

hoorah!
I hope they can actually make multiplayer properly, random slot system with 8 player limit made online experience pretty dull because you couldn't choose who you were driving with and often you had those 7 other players spread across the island and never see them.
Quote from Crommi :I hope they can actually make multiplayer properly, random slot system with 8 player limit made online experience pretty dull because you couldn't choose who you were driving with and often you had those 7 other players spread across the island and never see them.

IMO they should keep the same multiplayer system and allow up to 32 player slots this time. I think it would solve the problem, I really like to be driving around and see someone else not far from where I am, instead of looking for server to connect or choosing who am I going to drive with. If they make the same multiplayer as before but with 32 slots, IMO it's going to be amazing.

I love TDU1, I still play it online and I'm still doing the singleplayer missions (I drive around so much that's why I didn't finish the SP part ), and I'm really looking forward to play TDU2.
really cannot wait for this i love it only got tdu few month ago £7.50
Hopefully TDU2 will come out.. first one had a really good concept and a fairly good execution.
i really would pre-order this 2 years ahead
Quote from danowat :http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31230

Lots of info and pics on this thread.

The first one was VERY good, even though it had a few issues, I had, and am having, a lot of fun playing it.

Really looking forward to the new one

Very good? Really? I don't think a road model with fewer polygons than a flat plane an issue, I call that an epic design flaw. I will only be getting this if they fix that flaw.
Quote from MAGGOT :Very good? Really? I don't think a road model with fewer polygons than a flat plane an issue, I call that an epic design flaw. I will only be getting this if they fix that flaw.

One bug I can't stand is the dynamic environmental mapping applied reversed, so going forward has your reflections going backward.

Still the road surfaces are the No. 1 fail.

Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG