The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
Rather get dirt 2
heard about it a year ago,and i will buy it,i really loved tdu,even with its bugs(even thu,i havent seen much ingame) and this is very promising.
Quote from danowat :+1, the road surface was one of (if not THE) biggest issue with TDU1, we can only hope the TDU2 cures this somewhat.

I agree, even on the fairly flat freeways, you be forever hitting the bottom of the car as you moved from one poly to the next.

Having some kind of interpolation for the surface would help, where you're not driving on the polygons themselves, but on a curved surface generated from the normals of the surface polygons.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Having some kind of interpolation for the surface would help, where you're not driving on the polygons themselves, but on a curved surface generated from the normals of the surface polygons.

I agree, it would solve the problem completely IMO and it would be a lot better and easier than remake the tracks, but I'll still play TDU, with or without high poly tracks
Quote from Crashgate3 :I agree, even on the fairly flat freeways, you be forever hitting the bottom of the car as you moved from one poly to the next.

Having some kind of interpolation for the surface would help, where you're not driving on the polygons themselves, but on a curved surface generated from the normals of the surface polygons.

Isn't that how older racing games did it? (Like GPL, SCGT, etc) Seems it's been forgotten.
Yay I will be buying this

Look's like an updated TDU1 imho, hopefully with lot's more content and alot less bug's!
Quote from mclarenmatt :yay i will be buying this :d

look's like an updated tdu1 imho, hopefully with lot's more content and alot less bug's!

+1
Offroading, Refueling, weather, Dirt on cars and a whole new map = WIN
Quote from mclarenmatt :Yay I will be buying this

Look's like an updated TDU1 imho, hopefully with lot's more content and alot less bug's!

But it's no more than that.

It's like, features that were cancelled in TDU1 (cleaning your car will probably be in the game) You just lost it. I just had to, sorry And the refuelling stations were already in TDU1 too.

I think that this game will be ok, though.
If this game comes out for the PS3 then ohw boy..
I will be building a wooden 2 seater cockpit with a real dashboard so I can cruise all night long with my mate!
any news?
TDU2 info
Yeah I saw those pics this morning. 2nd one makes me think of part 1 too much, and makes me see it's the same engine with just other cars and another map, like CoD6.

The viper screenshot looks better though. I just hope they improve their physics.
Even this guy is about to puke.

:O

I'll buy this game when it's released.
Quote from LFSn00b :...Africa???
I was hoping it to be at Dubai or near there...

couple of streets, 1 highway, a bunch of buildings, port by the name of Jebel Ali in 10 minutes of driving and a desert. It's a crap driving location, trust me, I've been there

On topic, Im so buying this one, I just hope the roads are flat this time...
great so its basically the same piece of excrement as the first (technically fifth or whatever i guess) that if your lucky may or may not have been patched to remove the ineffable number of showstopper bugs?
I didn't have too too big a problem with the original, bug-wise.... Until the car pack which brought about numerous crashes. The road surface was shite, too, which completely ruined it.

Judging by the Gumpert screen, the road is smoother than it was in the first installment, but it's tough to tell. If the roads are smoother and the crashes have been fixed, I'll most likely buy it for something different to play. Time will tell..
i loved tdu so this is a must.
Great. I signed up on the site. Not much to see there atm, just those 3 pictures.
Haha, its the same game like it was before, Nothing new it even looks very ugly to me. Characters look alot more impressive these days but this is like 2007-2008

Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG