The online racing simulator
Im just gonan throw it out there. but arent patches released on fridays usually?

whats today? hmmm... i wonder....
hehe,0.6A!?!
LFS no any driving assistance, So for VWS, LFS may be change some code, e.g. FFB!
There's just not too much of a challenge in driving a new car, or a combo you've never driven before because most everybody has tried every combo there is either offline or online. It's not just what they're used to, it's what they find exciting.

Basically, I generally like long tracks that require lots of concentration. Is there such a combo in LFS? Well, besides Aston's GP and Historic tracks, Fern Bay Black and Kyoto Long, no. Do they require lots of concentration? Depends on the car. Aston is plain boring in the slower cars, apart from the 2 or 3 turn combination that require precise braking and turning most of it is flat out just waiting for the next hairpin. Even when you do that in an LX6 it's just a matter of changing your brakepoints and turn in points, and you're back to driving the same old boring track again.

I'm sorry to say this, but the most exciting part of LFS at the moment is racing one combo in a slow car, then changing the car and without practice immediately race a fast car on the same track.

What LFS needs most now (besides the obvious new features in physics and bugfixes) is a new track, rather than a new car. We're all so bloody familiar with the tracks that it takes only 3 laps to get up to speed in any car (provided you have driven it before). Humans want challenges, something to keep their brain occupied with new experiences. Driving a new car on an old track is not a new experience, it's an old experience that you do over and over again.

Having said that, online racing in LFS is still the best out there. While hotlapping is boring, racing someone door to door or wheel to wheel lap after lap is as exciting as ever, regardless of the combo. Which is probably why we're all still here, bitchin' and moanin' about a lack of new content, instead of finding another sim to play.
Quote from TagForce :There's just not too much of a challenge in driving a new car, or a combo you've never driven before because most everybody has tried every combo there is either offline or online. It's not just what they're used to, it's what they find exciting.

Basically, I generally like long tracks that require lots of concentration. Is there such a combo in LFS? Well, besides Aston's GP and Historic tracks and Kyoto Long, no. Do they require lots of concentration? Depends on the car. Aston is plain boring in the slower cars, apart from the 2 or 3 turn combination that require precise braking and turning most of it is flat out just waiting for the next hairpin. Even when you do that in an LX6 it's just a matter of changing your brakepoints and turn in points, and you're back to driving the same old boring track again.

I'm sorry to say this, but the most exciting part of LFS at the moment is racing one combo in a slow car, then changing the car and without practice immediately race a fast car on the same track.

What LFS needs most now (besides the obvious new features in physics and bugfixes) is a new track, rather than a new car. We're all so bloody familiar with the tracks that it takes only 3 laps to get up to speed in any car (provided you have driven it before). Humans want challenges, something to keep their brain occupied with new experiences. Driving a new car on an old track is not a new experience, it's an old experience that you do over and over again.

Having said that, online racing in LFS is still the best out there. While hotlapping is boring, racing someone door to door or wheel to wheel lap after lap is as exciting as ever, regardless of the combo. Which is probably why we're all still here, bitchin' and moanin' about a lack of new content, instead of finding another sim to play.

Give FE Black a go if you want a long combo.
Quote from Carboy717 :Im just gonan throw it out there. but arent patches released on fridays usually?

whats today? hmmm... i wonder....

Oh my god, you're right!! The patch is gonna be released TODAY!!!

Except.... that there's a friday next week as well. And the week after that. And the week after that....
Quote from TagForce :There's just not too much of a challenge in driving a new car, or a combo you've never driven before because most everybody has tried every combo there is either offline or online. It's not just what they're used to, it's what they find exciting.

I am pretty sure that 70+% of S2 licenced drivers have driven on less than 20% of possible combos.
But a track is a track Even if you can run 10000000000000 different cars on it people get tired of the track eventually. We have enough cars for doing like 1000 combos or what the number is, but the tracks are really hanging behind now, it ain't _that_ big of a choise. Of course some different corners here and there to make a new track layout, but not a completely new fresh track on ages ..
Well, driving...no, racing on a track with others (after all, that's what LFS is about, right) is different every time. It would take several more years for me to start getting bored with the current track/car combos.
oh ill have fun with this game for years, usually just race demo combo and never get tired of it being 1.5 seconds off wr, i want to get within 1 sec before switching combo

but i could always race the same combo as long as there are close races

the key point is getting the most posible people in lfs to be the most fun
I think it suppose to be realease on Tim's day (my day) which was created today so the VWS should be released TODAY!!!
Quote from zeugnimod :

What I meant with 'The worst has already happened' is Scawen had already had to admit defeat (and postpone release), thus predictably generating a lot of disappointment in the community.

The damage was done, but this has bought Scawen time to do more things that weren't originally planned for the 0.6A - the announcement goes on about ensuring proper quality and fixing bugs, but it's also implying there will be things in 0.6A that were likely planned for later patches.

Examples of this are may be: the ESP (the 'electronic side', which I suppose wasn't meant to be in 0.6A), and the 'mechanical side' which goes hand in hand with 'We plan to (...) continue developing the Scirocco suspension'.

One could go as far as to speculate that last sentence means he was planning to change the rear from double wishbone to multilink (probably just wishful thinking )
Dream on guys, The more you want VWS the longer you'll wait.
Quote from sinbad :so lx4 on gold rev is useless? Fz50 on blackwood reverse, rac on town rev, lx6 on kyoto long rev, gti on a long aston track or kyoto.........you never see these sorts of configs. I guess people just don't like them. The odds that people will like new content for a long period of time are slim.

I want new tracks and cars so that when i go online and look for something "interesting" i'm more likely to find it (due to the novelty factor and increasing the number of players). The current crop of regular players seem perfectly happy with the same old combos though. To me there are still "interesting" combos in lfs which are rarely or never used.

+1
Quote from sinbad :I want new tracks and cars so that when I go online and look for something "interesting" I'm more likely to find it (due to the novelty factor and increasing the number of players). The current crop of regular players seem perfectly happy with the same old combos though. To me there are still "interesting" combos in LFS which are rarely or never used.

Quote from TagForce :What LFS needs most now (besides the obvious new features in physics and bugfixes) is a new track, rather than a new car.

Quote from The Very End :We have enough cars for doing like 1000 combos or what the number is, but the tracks are really hanging behind now, it ain't _that_ big of a choise. Of course some different corners here and there to make a new track layout, but not a completely new fresh track on ages ..

Whats always bugged me is that while there are ultimately 54 track variations (incl rev, car park & variations of drag strips etc) what mostly bores me about them is that its only realisticly 6 venues and then a dozen variations of it. I like tracks having multiple routes, but Aston having 7/14 layouts... they're too similar IMO. Whereas Kyoto each is different, both feel like they could be real tracks, and because KY2 & KY3 only has about 5% overlap on track used it may as well be an entirely different location, because its not the same track with a couple less corners or some near identical variation of what you've done before.

I think if there were say 10 venues, half of those having a GP and a smaller 'club' layout (so ~15 layouts, even if reversing them wasnt possible!), it'd feel like there was more, even if theres actually less choice. Too many of LFS's corners are repeated in multiple combo's, if you think about Aston, theres corner sections which get used on 1/2 of its combos, and corners are where your challenge is (from a track perspective). You could never attempt a lap around say AS7, and yet if you've driven round the others, you already know AS7 because its just the rest the exact same corners in a slightly different order, so it feels just like every other AS layout.

As nice as a new car is, its never quite the same when your driving it on tracks you find stale. I think (someone with a better memory can correct me) we've had 3 new cars since S2 alpha (RAC, BF1, FBM) and a 4th on its way. In that 2 and a half years (since summer '05!), there has been no new tracks (unless you count removing a couple of Aston barriers and calling them tracks, even that was almost 20-22 months ago for AS6/7 & 13 months ago for SO6). Its a shame, i understand the cars have been free bonuses because they've been 1-off opportunities to include real cars in the game, but I really feel there needs to be somewhere new to learn, to enjoy.

Its funny really, just checked, and all the people saying this, joined by summer 2003, we've been here for the long haul, from the early demo days. It might be fine for those who've joined the party in the last 2 years, but when BL1 kinda exhausted itself early on (still XFG@BL1 will always be my fav combo) and then you kinda grow sick of the S1 tracks, when S2 comes along you avoid those old tracks, do the new ones until your tired of those again, and you create a vicious circle.
The same would apply if tomorrow a new track came along, we'd over play it, and quickly get bored. Sad but true.
I hate myself for stating the obvious, but god i wish we could at least pay for new content, i'd happily pay 1-3x license price for 6 month content updates. Its not the structure, i know and not being critical of the current and what its acheived, just wish it wasnt.
Its odd, we've paid £24/36, and probably got more like £240 worth of gaming from it, though the content sadly doesnt match that value.

meh, TVE, you had to spoil it by being a johnny come lately didnt you!
Here is something to think about: I couldn't see any post of Scawen in this forum for the last three weeks or so. So could it be he is still on holidays...
Kung Hei Fat Choi
Scirocco??? any new updates
just wondering is there any updates when a test patch mite be come avalible
There will be news when it updates. Most likely in the VW Postponed thread.
Quote from eRaptor :
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :
Quote from eRaptor :

Sorry, but I couldn't resist...

Me either
Look! They are all holding hands

P.S. We better stop now before we die of being stupid

Anyway, on topic... I think this thread is kinda pointless, it will be updated when the next patch is out and Scawen will obviously make a new thread for that patch with the new features in it... o.o
hopefully before march/april the Scirocco will be driveable.
Quote from NoYPiDRiFTER :hopefully before march/april the Scirocco will be driveable.

and by that time, intail D will be real too

tbh, when the guys decide they need some more rent money, they'll release the new scirocco as it would be a great incentive to get more people joining up S2 wise.
ffs I can fly to Germany, buy a Scirocco, have it shipped to Canada, and drive it before it will be available in LFS.
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG