The online racing simulator
I'm having problems running the tweak as well. What do I need to type in for the insim port and the admin pass?

Thanks in advance
how do you get and use the insim version?
all i have is the normal version without revs editablilty
Quote from 1993S14 :I'm having problems running the tweak as well. What do I need to type in for the insim port and the admin pass?

When you open LFS go into multiplayer and start new host, then make sure there isnt a password if there is then clear it. Then go into single player type /insim=29999 , then open tweak.
It isnt working for me

I have tried to clear password in the multiplayer-thingy and wrote insim2999 blabla in game. But nothing works, when I launch tweak.exe there's just this box to write insim port and admin..

"Port must be in right format"
Quote from hazaky :Make sure one more time that u wrote this thingy correctly

now it says "sim interference bla bla".. what is admin pass?
or what is wrong?
i play with mouse steering. how do i hide the cursor with the insim version on? its anoying to drive and the mouse cursor being around the screen
make sure your not using patch z10 and just using patch Z for tweak
I havent downloaded anything and had the game since autumn, so i must have the Z?
Its working now

NOT... Ingame when pressing on one of the "editors" the tweak shuts down.
I dont understand all insim applications work just fine, but not LFSTWEAK.
Drag mod work, Tv Director Work, Insim Lapper to.

idk what im doing wrong im doing how playa says...

its nessecary the s2 ? or i can play lfstweak whit s1 ?
how does this insim thing work anyway? how do i use it?
If anyone could post a link to a guide or something that would be cool.
Totally useless for me im sorry to say.

No instructions about how to use any of it. No guide to what anything means. If i want to change the engine power and torque, for example, what unit of measurement do i use?? do i put the power in bhp and the torque in lb/ft???? Who knows????

I keep making .twk files, what are they and where do they need to go???

Plus people keep mentioning insim, i dont know what that really is. I thought i would try anyway so i typed /insim=29999, which did absolutely nothing at all.
The one thing i do know for sure is that my 3g modem does not allow/support port forwarding, is this the problem??

I'm sure i remember reading at the start of the thread about there being a version that uses insim and version which doesnt. I downloaded the one in the very first post of this thread, so which version is that??

Sorry if these are silly questions but i can't figure it out at all.

All i want to make is an XFT. An xfg which is a 1.6 turbo, something like a Fiesta rs turbo kind of thing.
I'll try to help you out .

First of all, you have downloaded the non-insim tweak, so you do not need to bother with insim. The only reasons you would want to use the insim version are ease of use, you wont have to run LFS in a window, or alt-tab all the time, AND, the insim version lets you alter the redline value.

I think neither the insim or normal version work on the test patches by the way.

The tweaking itself .. is just what it says. Tweaking you are not able to put in power or torque values, you tweak some values and look at the results, tweak again etc.

So you want to make something like a fiesta RS turbo engine .. I say 'like' because sometimes it's just impossible to get the exact values, but you can make something like it. (read on to find out I couldn't get the RS turbo right)

First you will have to know what all the values stand for. On the left side of the tweak window you have the Cartype editor, and on the right side the single car editor. The cartype editor can be used with all cars (although it is quite limited compared to single car), and the single car editor only with the demo cars.
That means that with the demo cars you can make use of both sides.

Right, start LFS and LFStweak, select the XFG in LFS and press refresh in tweak if all fields are empty.
I'll go over all available fields and try to make a RS turbo engine;

Cartype editor
Weight: You can alter the weight of the car here, negative values allowed, watch your weight balance if you tweak this (and tweak suspension accordingly)
Min/Max gears: What it says, all gears including neutral and reverse. If you want a 6spd, make both values 8 (it will force the minimum amount of forward gears to 8)
Drive: Change drivetrain
Min/Max displacement: displacement 'boundaries'. If you want to make an engine bigger than the max value, or smaller than the min. value, adjust these accordingly.
Torque: This is kind of like you powerband width. If you increase this value, you will have a bigger powerband, in higher RPM. It will have more power and less torque. I use values between 1 and 2,5 (those are quite extreme).
Power: Like Power in single car editor, but in cartype editor (so available for all cars).
Idle: Adjust idle.

Single car editor
Gearbox: Available gearboxes.
Drive: Available drivetrains.
Engine: Inline, Flat, or V.
Cylinders: How many cylinders your engine has, remember to adjust min/max in cartype editor.
Displacement: The displacement of your engine, remember to adjust min/max in cartype editor.
Torque: Not the same as the torque field in cartype editor. If you lower this value, you will have more torque and less power, both at lower RPM. (note: turbo's don't spool up well with values under 0,5) If you increase it, more power, less torque, higher RPM.
Power: Adjust general power .. if you increase this, more power and torque at slightly higher RPM, but the power/torque ratio (for lack of a better term) stays more or less the same.

In general, if you decrease displacement or increase the number of cylinders (so you would get cylinders with less displacement) you will generally have more power at a higher RPM, and less torque.

I will leave the wheels tab for what it is, I only ever use the Tyre width field. For XFG it is 0,185 , so I'd imagine those tyres would be 185 millimeters wide.
In the Other tab you will find the cartype and turbo fields, to be honest I do not really know what Cartype does. You can check the box for a turbo, and enter pressure in bar.

Sooo .. to make the RS Turbo engine. I do not know the turbo pressure of this car, I will go with 7 psi which is 0,48 bar. For power and torque I will use 133hp@5500 and 183Nm@2400. Displacement will be 1597cc.

I enter 1597 in the single car editor displacement field, check turbo and change pressure to 0,48 and click apply. Look in the garage for the effects, re-enter if you were in garage already. (you will have to re-enter after every applied tweak.)
Way too much power at too high RPM, and a relatively small powerband. First I will raise the Torque in Cartype editor so the powerband will get bigger. This will also raise RPM, so I will have to lower torque in single car editor. I used 2 for cartype editor torque, 0,5 for single car torque, and 0,562 for single car power.

This gives me 133hp, but at 6844RPM, and 159Nm@4844. To get it right I could tweak Cartype editor torque (more) which would in turn force me to lower single car editor torque, sooo .. this particular engine will be impossible to get right, because you will have to use torque values below 0,5 , and as I said earlier this will make the turbo spool up way too slow.
So I'm sorry I couldn't make the RS turbo engine for you (but you can definitely make other good engines which resemble real ones!), but I think I may have given you some advice on tweaking ...

One more thing, the presets in LFSTweak only save cartype editor data so that would only work with non-demo cars, which you cannot use the single car editor for. I myself take screenshots if I want to save engines.

Oh, thanks for reading, I hope my english is understandable, and please correct me when I'm wrong.

Have fun!
Quote from GuLLiT :snip

That was just the best post you could make!
I have figured by myself what *some* of the parameters do, but not all (i.e., I couldn't understand why on earth there were 2 "Torque"...) but now you've cleared that up for all of us!

I use the insim one, because you can change the revs too

I'm a big fan of V8s, so I once did a 10000cc turbo one, 600+bhp and LOTS of torque... that was fun 0-60mph in 3s and top speed of 230mph, probably more (haven't got enough space to test).
<goes to try that again>
too bad this doesnt work with testpatches.
Ok, I have made a Ford Fiesta engine .. a brutal 71hp 1.4 CVH it has 71hp@5719 and 103Nm@3969.

I also made the 'same engine' (same displacement anyway) with 100hp/liter, so it has 139hp@7594 and 139Nm@6500. It's like a small Honda B16a, but without the VTEC, so little torque below 6k RPM. The revlimit of the XFG is maybe a few hundred RPM too low for this engine. You would need the insim version of LFSTweak to adjust that.

And I made one with a turbo, producing 138hp@6125 and 184Nm@4406, on 0,7 bar boost.

[unsupported version help removed] What? Who? When? ..
@freddyalek90
Thank you, I'm glad you now have a better understanding of the 'Torques' . Although I prefer to make driveable engines, or try to recreate one, sometimes I like to go mad and make crazy engines as well. Traction quickly becomes a problem.
You should try to obtain a slightly older version of LFS and LFSTweak, I don't exactly remember which patch it was, but you were able to adjust all values of your tires, not just 0,185 wide, but 185/55/15 for example. Or of course the much more sensible 585/25/24.

@fraghetti
I agree, while I am happy with what we have now, I do hope when the new patch arrives someone (eventually) will make a new LFSTweak for it. Just keep several installations .
Attached images
Ford CVH 1392 stock.JPG
Ford CVH 1392 race.JPG
Ford CVH 1392 0.7bar turbo.JPG
2jzge-medium.JPG
2jzge garage-medium.JPG
Quote from GuLLiT :@freddyalek90
Thank you, I'm glad you now have a better understanding of the 'Torques' . Although I prefer to make driveable engines, or try to recreate one, sometimes I like to go mad and make crazy engines as well. Traction quickly becomes a problem.
You should try to obtain a slightly older version of LFS and LFSTweak, I don't exactly remember which patch it was, but you were able to adjust all values of your tires, not just 0,185 wide, but 185/55/15 for example. Or of course the much more sensible 585/25/24.

You wouldn't believe it, but that V8 is one of the most driveable engines I've ever made .
Nice and smooth below 2500rpm, and above the BIG displacement is helped by a little turbo. It's a "double-face" (reversible if you want) engine, I like it a lot.
I surely will give a try to those "Fiesta" tweaks. BTW I have a Fiesta (the new model :tilt but it's the 1.2 82bhp one .
And thanks for the advice, I'll search if there still is that LFSTweak on the Internet... I'm very curious to try that
Quote from GuLLiT :I'll try to help you out .

First of all, you have downloaded the non-insim tweak, so you do not need to bother with insim. The only reasons you would want to use the insim version are ease of use, you wont have to run LFS in a window, or alt-tab all the time, AND, the insim version lets you alter the redline value.

I think neither the insim or normal version work on the test patches by the way.

The tweaking itself .. is just what it says. Tweaking you are not able to put in power or torque values, you tweak some values and look at the results, tweak again etc.

So you want to make something like a fiesta RS turbo engine .. I say 'like' because sometimes it's just impossible to get the exact values, but you can make something like it. (read on to find out I couldn't get the RS turbo right)

First you will have to know what all the values stand for. On the left side of the tweak window you have the Cartype editor, and on the right side the single car editor. The cartype editor can be used with all cars (although it is quite limited compared to single car), and the single car editor only with the demo cars.
That means that with the demo cars you can make use of both sides.

Right, start LFS and LFStweak, select the XFG in LFS and press refresh in tweak if all fields are empty.
I'll go over all available fields and try to make a RS turbo engine;

Cartype editor
Weight: You can alter the weight of the car here, negative values allowed, watch your weight balance if you tweak this (and tweak suspension accordingly)
Min/Max gears: What it says, all gears including neutral and reverse. If you want a 6spd, make both values 8 (it will force the minimum amount of forward gears to 8)
Drive: Change drivetrain
Min/Max displacement: displacement 'boundaries'. If you want to make an engine bigger than the max value, or smaller than the min. value, adjust these accordingly.
Torque: This is kind of like you powerband width. If you increase this value, you will have a bigger powerband, in higher RPM. It will have more power and less torque. I use values between 1 and 2,5 (those are quite extreme).
Power: Like Power in single car editor, but in cartype editor (so available for all cars).
Idle: Adjust idle.

Single car editor
Gearbox: Available gearboxes.
Drive: Available drivetrains.
Engine: Inline, Flat, or V.
Cylinders: How many cylinders your engine has, remember to adjust min/max in cartype editor.
Displacement: The displacement of your engine, remember to adjust min/max in cartype editor.
Torque: Not the same as the torque field in cartype editor. If you lower this value, you will have more torque and less power, both at lower RPM. (note: turbo's don't spool up well with values under 0,5) If you increase it, more power, less torque, higher RPM.
Power: Adjust general power .. if you increase this, more power and torque at slightly higher RPM, but the power/torque ratio (for lack of a better term) stays more or less the same.

In general, if you decrease displacement or increase the number of cylinders (so you would get cylinders with less displacement) you will generally have more power at a higher RPM, and less torque.

I will leave the wheels tab for what it is, I only ever use the Tyre width field. For XFG it is 0,185 , so I'd imagine those tyres would be 185 millimeters wide.
In the Other tab you will find the cartype and turbo fields, to be honest I do not really know what Cartype does. You can check the box for a turbo, and enter pressure in bar.

Sooo .. to make the RS Turbo engine. I do not know the turbo pressure of this car, I will go with 7 psi which is 0,48 bar. For power and torque I will use 133hp@5500 and 183Nm@2400. Displacement will be 1597cc.

I enter 1597 in the single car editor displacement field, check turbo and change pressure to 0,48 and click apply. Look in the garage for the effects, re-enter if you were in garage already. (you will have to re-enter after every applied tweak.)
Way too much power at too high RPM, and a relatively small powerband. First I will raise the Torque in Cartype editor so the powerband will get bigger. This will also raise RPM, so I will have to lower torque in single car editor. I used 2 for cartype editor torque, 0,5 for single car torque, and 0,562 for single car power.

This gives me 133hp, but at 6844RPM, and 159Nm@4844. To get it right I could tweak Cartype editor torque (more) which would in turn force me to lower single car editor torque, sooo .. this particular engine will be impossible to get right, because you will have to use torque values below 0,5 , and as I said earlier this will make the turbo spool up way too slow.
So I'm sorry I couldn't make the RS turbo engine for you (but you can definitely make other good engines which resemble real ones!), but I think I may have given you some advice on tweaking ...

One more thing, the presets in LFSTweak only save cartype editor data so that would only work with non-demo cars, which you cannot use the single car editor for. I myself take screenshots if I want to save engines.

Oh, thanks for reading, I hope my english is understandable, and please correct me when I'm wrong.

Have fun!

Thanks a lot for that, things are much clearer now, as i now know to use HP and Nm as my units.
@freddyalek90

So that would be the 1242cc Ford Sigma (aka Zetec-se, aka Duratec appearantly) engine in the 08+ Fiesta? Delivering 82hp@6000 and 109Nm@3600 .. ? I tried to make it, proved to be quite difficult. I settled for 81hp@6063 and 114Nm@3688.
The thing is, when you have a particular kind of engine, let's say an 1800L4 like the XRG, if you make it smaller it will get 'revvier'. It seems like it only alters the stroke of the engine and leaves the bore alone. That is why it is difficult to accurately recreate a small L4, the smaller the engine the more RPM it wants to make.
Here it is.

Just for fun I made the same 1242 with a little extra power, it has 111hp@6750 and 133Nm@4938, I guess it is comparable to the stock XFG engine.
Here it is.

@danthebangerboy
Are you sure? I can imagine my english not being too clear, and it seems to me you now think you have to input hp an Nm in LFSTweak, correct me of I'm wrong. I don't really know how to make myself much clearer than in my first post, so I hope I'm wrong . If anything I could have realized earlier we don't all use hp and Nm.

@Jonny
I'm afraid LFSTweak isn't officialy available for demo users (I don't really know the details but I see the point), so I cannot really help you with that. I can say though that if you buy LFS (I could say you already should have, but I'm not going to bother ) and use the insim LFSTweak, you'll find your revs between cylinders and fuel tank in single car editor. Take a look at the 2jgze I posted earlier, there it is.
Attached images
Ford Sigma 1242 81hp.JPG
Ford Sigma 1242 111hp.JPG
Quote from GuLLiT :

@danthebangerboy
Are you sure? I can imagine my english not being too clear, and it seems to me you now think you have to input hp an Nm in LFSTweak, correct me of I'm wrong. I don't really know how to make myself much clearer than in my first post, so I hope I'm wrong . If anything I could have realized earlier we don't all use hp and Nm.

That is what i thought before, as you mentioned hp and nm in your helpful post earlier in the thread but i now realised that this is not the case.

What i was asking with with my original post is, what are the actual units of measurement used in tweak? For example, lets say i have set power to 0.1148. What is that. 0.1148 what? is it HP, PS, KW, or is it just a mathematical formula that is generated, and then LFS turns those numbers into the actual measureable units that you see in the garage.
Quote from danthebangerboy :That is what i thought before, as you mentioned hp and nm in your helpful post earlier in the thread but i now realised that this is not the case.

What i was asking with with my original post is, what are the actual units of measurement used in tweak? For example, lets say i have set power to 0.1148. What is that. 0.1148 what? is it HP, PS, KW, or is it just a mathematical formula that is generated, and then LFS turns those numbers into the actual measureable units that you see in the garage.

Ahh, I see.
As you probably already know by now, it are just numbers (no units), if it is a formula which in turn generates the actual figures I don't know. Maybe the numbers we tweak in LFSTweak are a result of Scawen's engine settings, I don't know! I'd love to know how the actual engine simulation works, but anyway you get the point.
:(
i get an error that the game aint right installed what dos i haf to do to get it working????? pleas answer me thatts what coming up when i try to start tweak
LFSTweakS20.5Z.exe -
(0xc0000135).
Quote from bmwgutten :i get an error that the game aint right installed what dos i haf to do to get it working????? pleas answer me thatts what coming up when i try to start tweak
LFSTweakS20.5Z.exe -
(0xc0000135).

A google search on just 0xc00000135 leads me to believe this is an issue with your .Net installation .. ("The application failed to initialize properly" when you start LFSTweak, right?)
As I stated before I installed all .Net packages I could find, so I don't know which one(s) you do need. Or if you actually have any installed .
:)
ok... but what am i going to do??
i want tweak but i cant get it to work

LFSTweak for Patch Z released!
(577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG