The online racing simulator
I checked the config.. all seems good. I'm wondering if one of the admins accidentally set it wrongly.

I've closed and relaunched the server now, so it should be back to a default full grid
Quote from SamH :I checked the config.. all seems good. I'm wondering if one of the admins accidentally set it wrongly.

I've closed and relaunched the server now, so it should be back to a default full grid

Sam, aren't you the only one that mucks with the configs?

Quote from SamH :I checked the config.. all seems good. I'm wondering if one of the admins accidentally set it wrongly.

wow. 5 minute wait.
yer spoiling me .
thanks again.
yer my new hero.
merry xmas
I've just gone to report some plank who decided the racing line was a scrap yard, and I've gone to my My CTRA page to edit my report with the right replay, and I have a list of BnJ replays, not UF-BR replays :doh:

"Listing all races on BumpJump1, between 2007-08-1 and 2007-08-3"

/facepalm

Just FTR, so I don't forget, I need the UF-BR replay of the race on 27th december that finished just before 12:00
Thanks.. just wondered why it was giving me BnJ replays
Quote from JO53PHS :Thanks.. just wondered why it was giving me BnJ replays

Scroll down to see the others
Does the X-System delete your pb time for the grid after a while or something. About 3 races ago I did a time that put me 4th or so on the grid. I crashed last race so i specced, then when I joined again I did $grid again to see where I was, and sure enough I was 4th behind Timo, Hawk and Vule. Then, when the race started, I was put at the back of the GT2 cars...

BTW could it be that some copper n00b joined the server and was then kicked just as the race was restarting, meaning that the X-system restarted the race twice be something to do with it?
Quote from z-ro 8 :getting race full message in b-n-j server when there's only 5 occupants in race.
having withdrawals!!!
thx sam.

I had the same problem a few seconds ago on the BnJ...
Quote from J@tko :Does the X-System delete your pb time for the grid after a while or something. About 3 races ago I did a time that put me 4th or so on the grid. I crashed last race so i specced, then when I joined again I did $grid again to see where I was, and sure enough I was 4th behind Timo, Hawk and Vule. Then, when the race started, I was put at the back of the GT2 cars...

BTW could it be that some copper n00b joined the server and was then kicked just as the race was restarting, meaning that the X-system restarted the race twice be something to do with it?

And also the grid was being ordered very oddly last night on Race 3. GFRs up with GTRs, GT2s in the wrong places. (I was quite pleased cos I kept getting pole in the GT2 class even though I didn't deserve it!!! )

I was on there from about 9-10.30 GMT, all at Blackwood GP.
I've found an epic bug
I raced at UF-BR server, AS2 track. After some people finished, they voted to end race. And i finished a second before race ended. After race end, next track was KY2. Then i saw a message "Dimko sets a new record"
I looked in MyCTRA, and i have a lap record for KY2 with time 1.21.360.
But i had this time at previous race, in AS2.
So, really i don't own a record at KY2 =)
Gah! That's quite a glitch! Thanks for the report.. it's probably a fairly rare occurrence but I think I can code it out.
Quote from SamH :Gah! That's quite a glitch! Thanks for the report.. it's probably a fairly rare occurrence but I think I can code it out.

i've seen this b4 also once or twice, so it's not just the uf-br server fyi
I've identified the problem/solution. I need to delay track changes for a few seconds after a race has been ended. The X-System is detecting that the race has been ended and is choosing a new track before it's finished doing fastest lap comparisons/record writes with the database. This issue is only occurring when people are voting to Shift+X. Normally everyone is finished and the database has any/all new data long before the server begins the process of changing tracks.

Since the problem is not actually too common, I'll include the fix in the VWS version update.
If I go to $report, I can see that theres a report against me, but going to myCTRA, under 'reports against me' its not there

Or, as its not yet assigned to admin, does that mean that it shouldn't be there?
Stored, Submitted, Under Review and Dismissed reports shouldn't show up at any time. Only reports that are Warnings or worse should appear to the driver affected, since until they're actioned by an admin they're not officially on record. I'll fix that in the X-System too.

I'm going to spend the first week of the new year clearing all the outstanding reports.
Quote from SamH :

I'm going to spend the first week of the new year clearing all the outstanding reports.

w00t
Quote from SamH :Stored, Submitted, Under Review and Dismissed reports shouldn't show up at any time. Only reports that are Warnings or worse should appear to the driver affected, since until they're actioned by an admin they're not officially on record. I'll fix that in the X-System too.

week?
more like month.
lol.

ok everyone, samH has an agenda, so lets load up the report system to keep him occupied for a while.....
I searched the thread, but have not found anything similar posted yet.

Yesterday we had some races on RAce3 on kyoto nat. The next track was bound to come. It turned out to be As cadet rev, which nobody liked, so we agreed to vote end race.
Next track was So sprint 2, which is even worse, so again end race. Next one was fe club rev, which is in between the two, so we decided to end race again in hope of getting a longer track finally. And then we got sprint 2 again!

First of all, isn't that a bug in the system to get the same track again twice in just two track changes?
SEcondly, I cannot imagine GTR's, GT2's and NGT's racing on tracks like so sprint 2, fe club rev and having fun. Can't they be having a number which would reduce the likeliness of them being selected in comparison with tracks that are longer, thus more suitable for these cars?
Quote from csurdongulos :I searched the thread, but have not found anything similar posted yet.

Yesterday we had some races on RAce3 on kyoto nat. The next track was bound to come. It turned out to be As cadet rev, which nobody liked, so we agreed to vote end race.
Next track was So sprint 2, which is even worse, so again end race. Next one was fe club rev, which is in between the two, so we decided to end race again in hope of getting a longer track finally. And then we got sprint 2 again!

First of all, isn't that a bug in the system to get the same track again twice in just two track changes?
SEcondly, I cannot imagine GTR's, GT2's and NGT's racing on tracks like so sprint 2, fe club rev and having fun. Can't they be having a number which would reduce the likeliness of them being selected in comparison with tracks that are longer, thus more suitable for these cars?

I agree. I think I was around on this day?? Maybe?? (racername [400]J.Odom. Maybe not.. I saw you around one day over the weekend.. anyway..

One thing I notice is if a track like SO2R comes up there is only 16 slots available on the grid. So about half of a full server has scram if End Vote doesn't pass. And sometimes it won't because the 16 drivers on the grid might be ready to go. At this point the server starts is decent into vacancy from what I've noticed.

Maybe in the 'random track script' CTRA could choose to only allow smaller tracks when the client count is less then 'a reasonable number here'. Other wise it will select from a list a approved servers for 'a reasonable number here' or more. Or even if $class == GFR+GT2+NGT pick from a approved track list for all three classes. and if $class != GFR+GT2+NGT, allow smaller venues to be included in the cycle list. Unless of course the track is already picked and a third class shows up. Then that is that party's choice whether or not to race in the class not on the track already.

Since I have a tendency to ramble a lot... I mean discriminate against small tracks if there is a high client count. CTRA knows the numbers so I won't even try to suggest that aspect.

Jay Odom
I could add this to my to-do list so that a server selects from a list of longer tracks when the server is more populated. However, this would defeat another request which is to queue up tracks for selection, to prevent the same track being selected 2x in 2 track changes. Server population is a rapidly changing variable while track selection *should* be once every 2hrs 30mins or so.

Voting to end a race is catered for in the X-System, yes, but I DO consider cherry-picking tracks to be contrary to the spirit of CTRA - meeting and defeating challenges placed before you.
If the tracks are queued, is there any chance of a CS like 'nextmap' command so we can see what is coming up ?

I was also going to ask about track voting, but you seem to want to keep away from this.
Yeah, if I create the track queue I'll definitely include the upcoming codes in the $track menu.

I don't mind discussing track voting. I'm just setting out my stall in the interests of full disclosure. I can be convinced by a convincing argument
Not sure if this classifies aas a bug, but the GT2 FXR record at westhill is a bit of a joke. Can someone maybe check it out when they have time.

Thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG