The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
so how bout that GTA4 expansion for xbox?
Quote from Velociround :It sometimes happens to me too, but the car I rammed usually explode just after that

same here.
Ahh I love my new toy.

PNY 9800GTX+

GTA IV runs now a lot better, tho yet it could be better. I think I need better processor...

A bit OT but the most big effect between my old 8600GT OC and this seems to be with Crysis, with old card I was just able to play it with low settings without AA, but now I have everything on Very High (DX10 hack FTW) and 1280x1024 with 2xAA and 8xAF and it is nicely playable, no mouse lag or anything.
I just got a PS3. Should I run to the store and spend 70$ on GTA IV?
Yes!
Quote from Riders Motion :I just got a PS3. Should I run to the store and spend 70$ on GTA IV?

Just got Xbox with GTA IV. It's alot better I think. And it even runs/looks better on HDTV.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Just got Xbox with GTA IV. It's alot better I think. And it even runs/looks better on HDTV.

Uh oh... You mean a lot better than on your PC, I hope?
There is a video on youtube when they compare Xbox360 with PC version. The PC version looks ALOT better. So I don't know what you're talking about
Quote from Bose321 :There is a video on youtube when they compare Xbox360 with PC version. The PC version looks ALOT better. So I don't know what you're talking about

Like I said, he probably means it looks better on the Xbox than it does on his PC. Which may very well be true.
Quote from obsolum :Like I said, he probably means it looks better on the Xbox than it does on his PC. Which may very well be true.

Yeah okay i see now. I already thought 'wtf is he talking about?'
Quote from BigPeBe :Ahh I love my new toy.

PNY 9800GTX+

GTA IV runs now a lot better, tho yet it could be better. I think I need better processor...

A bit OT but the most big effect between my old 8600GT OC and this seems to be with Crysis, with old card I was just able to play it with low settings without AA, but now I have everything on Very High (DX10 hack FTW) and 1280x1024 with 2xAA and 8xAF and it is nicely playable, no mouse lag or anything.

Just out of interest what Processor do you have?

I currently have a Athlon X2 @3.0GHZ with 4GB of 800MHZ Ram and a Radeon 4870 512MB.

I wanna get GTA for the PC (Loved it on the 360) but i might wait till i grab a Quad Phenom and some slightly faster Ram before i get it. Maybe wait for another patch or two as well
Since installing the patch i just got pissed off, lost keyboard control, lost 10 fps so i just uninstalled the piece but looking at the videos might install it again.

Without patch
Statistics
Average FPS: 42.46
Duration: 37.73 sec
CPU Usage: 77%
System memory usage: 49%
Video memory usage: 100%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1920 x 1200 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: Very High
View Distance: 9
Detail Distance: 100

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.630
Audio Adapter: SB X-FI Xtreme Audio
AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor

with patch
Statistics
Average FPS: 35.28
Duration: 37.32 sec
CPU Usage: 55%
System memory usage: 43%
Video memory usage: 100%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1920 x 1200 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: Very High
View Distance: 9
Detail Distance: 100

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.630
Audio Adapter: SB X-FI Xtreme Audio
AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor

Back to topic..

is GTA4 as good on xbox 360 as it is on PS3
Quote from rc10racer :Since installing the patch i just got pissed off, lost keyboard control, lost 10 fps so i just uninstalled the piece but looking at the videos might install it again.

Why would you install the patch again just because of the videos? I don't know what they changed on the video editor with this patch, but you are still able to make videos and record them without the patch... unless you experience crashes or so on, I don't think you really *must* install the patch for making videos.
Quote from obsolum :Like I said, he probably means it looks better on the Xbox than it does on his PC. Which may very well be true.

No it was just my opinion.

My pc is actually alot better

Spec's

E8500 3,2ghz 6mb cache
Ati 4870 512mb 820/10000
2gb ram
vista etc etc etc

Like I said, MY opinion is that it looks alot better on Xbox. The blur effects etc which I never actually saw on PC version.

E: Yeah took gfx restriction off en maxed out everything.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :The blur effects etc which I never actually saw on PC version.

Press "P".
By default it's deactivated, but they get active when in a cutscene, and you can activate it forever when you press P.
Quote from mclarenmatt :Just out of interest what Processor do you have?

I currently have a Athlon X2 @3.0GHZ with 4GB of 800MHZ Ram and a Radeon 4870 512MB.

I wanna get GTA for the PC (Loved it on the 360) but i might wait till i grab a Quad Phenom and some slightly faster Ram before i get it. Maybe wait for another patch or two as well

Athlon X2 4400+ @ 2.425 GHz (:razz and 2 gigs of DDR2 800 @ 402.6 MHz (:razz.

I'm maybe going for just Athlon X2 6000+, because of the good price/performance value I think and no more cores for me yet, because it's quite rare to be able to use the all performance of 4 cores.
Quote from Velociround :Press "P".
By default it's deactivated, but they get active when in a cutscene, and you can activate it forever when you press P.

Wow nice.

I gained some fps.
anybody know if you can actually buy the cars from the car shops???
Quote from skolekaj :anybody know if you can actually buy the cars from the car shops???

you can just steal then :doh:
Just got this and tried it late last night, so I only got through the first into sequence before I went to bed. It's.... acceptable on my X1950 and X2 4400 with the detail turned down.

One thing I will say is that there's FAR too much faffing about creating accounts and signing into different things just to play the offline, single player game.
Quote from G!NhO :you can just steal then :doh:

it was just a question. and i was hoping to get some more mature answers...

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG