VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
Quote from buedi :Just read that starting post from Scawen about that delay... and I can say it´s good news for me.
Why? 1st you need balls to say that something where hundreds of people are waiting is delayed. I am sure there will be many complains (no, I did not read the whole thread now).

But it´s great to hear that the release is delayed until the Bugs are fixed and more important, that the new features we get (including the car) will be released only when they reach the high standard we all expect.

2nd: I had not thought that we get the car this year, so I was really surprised that we should get it this week. Because of that I really have no problem waiting longer for something I did not expect to get before Q1 / Q1 2009.

So, thanks for delaying the Update and the Scirocco until it´s perfect. You do it better than most of the big companies where we all are playing REAL Beta testers (sadly you never find that on the Box!). Here, we play a Alpha which has a higher standard of quality than most released, boxed Products which claim they are finished

Looking forward to 2009 wishing all a very nice Christmas and a happy new year

+ a million. well said.
Guys no need to be mad. Do you want a car that doesn't even represent the real one right now? Or do you want a good quality scirrocco? Come on Lfs Forum Users cheer them on!

Scavier: I think you guys will acomplish your goal of finishing the car and make it the best car ever in lfs! Go Scavier! Go Scavier! Wooo!
Quote from buedi :Just read that starting post from Scawen about that delay... and I can say it´s good news for me.
Why? 1st you need balls to say that something where hundreds of people are waiting is delayed. I am sure there will be many complains (no, I did not read the whole thread now).

But it´s great to hear that the release is delayed until the Bugs are fixed and more important, that the new features we get (including the car) will be released only when they reach the high standard we all expect.

2nd: I had not thought that we get the car this year, so I was really surprised that we should get it this week. Because of that I really have no problem waiting longer for something I did not expect to get before Q1 / Q1 2009.

So, thanks for delaying the Update and the Scirocco until it´s perfect. You do it better than most of the big companies where we all are playing REAL Beta testers (sadly you never find that on the Box!). Here, we play a Alpha which has a higher standard of quality than most released, boxed Products which claim they are finished

Looking forward to 2009 wishing all a very nice Christmas and a happy new year

Everyone should listen to this guy. He really told us why we should wait!
Quote from ColeusRattus :
I bet there are hundreds of track/car combinations you haven't tried yet, so just race those to keep you occupied over the holidays. Of course it#s very bad luck if you can't get to race the Scirocco till summer, but that sadly can't be helped.

there's the problem, if you know one combo ... you might want to try it with different car, but then you already calculate where to brake/accelerate... and that's why im bored, i think i can be competitive in combo's im good with other cars too, because the lines for example in the TBO's are almost the same, same for LRF- and in FBM and FOX, the same, if it's flat for the FOX is flat for the FBM... and so on
Quote from RS1T :that is why this forum disgusts me...simple

if you dont like my opinions dont read my posts...it is as simple as that. I just feel it is wrong for the devs to get everyones hopes up and then crush them in an instant. If you are not 100% sure the car will work with no probs, then dont mention its release until you are

You'd prefer that they rush your hopes slowly?
Quote from RS1T :that is why this forum disgusts me...simple

if you dont like my opinions dont read my posts...it is as simple as that. I just feel it is wrong for the devs to get everyones hopes up and then crush them in an instant. If you are not 100% sure the car will work with no probs, then dont mention its release until you are

Cause then people like you keep screaming... wanting more and more info and then when you get it and it doesn't quite meet your expectation you complain. People wander why the devs can't be bothered releasing info when they are met with fools like this...

Go play your beloved Grid, just remind me how much Grid 2 & 3 cost?
I think that it is good news that it is delayed.
The worst thing software developper could do is to release prematurely an upgrade because of the customer pressure, and disappoint the customers because the standard was not high enough.

Live For Speed must keep its high-standard, so the delay is not a problem
For all the whiners, the delay of a car by a couple of month is not a seriously big deal. You paid for your license, and it's a free upgrade, so you won't have to pay anything more to get it Plus, you have a social life, get drunk and get laid at the new year's eve, to let to steam off

Keep up the good work Scavier ! At least it seems that you heard that we wanted more communication, and you apply it transparently and in a very good way!
I've read these nine pages and I just want to thank you for the overwhelming support for the decision we took, to delay the release under the circumstances.

The release schedule was quite a bad mistake - the underestimation of remaining time needed was quite bad and I have now learned that after a long period of internal updates the version must be tested in public to sort out the bugs before any release date is set.

I began to realise yesterday evening there was a problem, didn't come up with any magic cures overnight so when I got up this morning I realised we'd have to go ahead with the postponement.

Thanks again for the understanding and making me feel at least the postponement was the right decision.
Quote from Scawen :I've read these nine pages and I just want to thank you for the overwhelming support for the decision we took, to delay the release under the circumstances.

The release schedule was quite a bad mistake - the underestimation of remaining time needed was quite bad and I have now learned that after a long period of internal updates the version must be tested in public to sort out the bugs before any release date is set.

I began to realise yesterday evening there was a problem, didn't come up with any magic cures overnight so when I got up this morning I realised we'd have to go ahead with the postponement.

Thanks again for the understanding and making me feel at least the postponement was the right decision.

Group hug
No problems here with you postponing it it's done when it's done - just ask my wife in regards to our house being renovated better to do it right than release it in a fashion your not proud of.

I am always just as keen to get ongoing insights into development direction than the content itself. So to hear about your intentions with the setup's etc are a present in itself

Have a good xmas and I look forward to the new year (gives me more time to finish the renovations anyway :razz
Quote from Scawen :...

Scawen needs love guys ....

(i'm not gay ... or maybe I am but i'm looking for that special someone ... nah... i've got a girlfriend:razz
Sucks that it's getting delayed but bugs are bugs, they are there to bug everyone. :P

If it was released now to all the moaning moaners they would just start moaning about how buggy the Scirocco is, even when it is release there will be a lot of moaning cry babies as that's just the way it is sadly...
Quote from Scawen :I've read these nine pages and I just want to thank you for the overwhelming support for the decision we took, to delay the release under the circumstances.

You're only human... So I am told!

Thanks for the info Scawen. It's nice to be kept up to date with things.
Sad news yet good news. :P Sad news that we'll have to wait a bit longer but great news that LFS is evolving so much and getting a new TC, stability control AND limited setup options!

Anyways, keep up the good work. I'm sure you're doing everything you can.
It should have been a hard decision to take. Everyone and you (Scawen) are the first to be disapointed.
But anyway, shit happens, especially with coding. Keep up the clean work, now it is fine to release for my birthdfay (in february )... Just kidding dont give no date !
Hmm all we need now is a test patch WITH the car in it
Quote from joebob4441 :Hmm all we need now is a test patch WITH the car in it

I think that´s exactly what we don´t need at this point... Instead of a few selected opinions from the beta testers, we would have thousands of opinions from every "car expert" in this forum, and when the car was released everybody would have a reason to not be happy about it, because their suggestion wasn´t implemented. So, I think is time to let LFS devs do their work, and I must admit that what happen today with this announcement and the response from the majority of LFS users really made me proud for being a member of this community.
-
(scipy) DELETED by scipy
-
(pearcy_2k7) DELETED by SamH : oh do be quiet
I bet the release schedule mistake was made by Eric
(it was a revenge that we did not accept his existence)
Quote from Scawen :
Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. The plan is to make it have only the setup options that are readily available on a real road going Scirocco, for example tyre pressures and toe settings. This will mean that the racing should be closer than usual and rely on driver skill, without the need to search for the best setups. Of course this means we need to get the setup as good as possible so it is comparable with the real car.

I was just wondering, how are you going to solve the brake pressure problem? Obviously you can take the bias from the real car, but brake pressure in a real Scirocco is virtually "unlimited" depending on how hard you can step on the pedal. I consider this a problem because LFS and all the hardware out there is still travel-sensitive and if we take the maximum amount that you can press a pedal on a PC and in LFS as the "absolute maximum pressure" then the ABS will kick in right away and the car will never stop (well it will stop but 2-3 car lenghts further than it would with threshold braking).

So, is the brake force going to be set at a fixed value just around the the kick-in point of the ABS (so we can still brake at max. pedal travel like with all the other cars in LFS, depending on brake force ofcourse) or is the brake pressure going to be uberhigh and we'll have to use only 50-60 % pedal travel (like in iRacing) to avoid ABS from kicking in?

The following screenshot explains in much less words what I mean. The first line (one where the car is) is the result of brake force adjusted for threshold braking, second one is 10 Nm higher and the ABS kicks in on rear tires only and the furthers line is max brake force so ABS works all the way.
Attached images
braking.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers.

We are sorry to have to announce that the VW Scirocco will not be released this week as planned. Unfortunately we are unable to continue working into the following week, and it has turned out impossible to reach the required standard in the time available.

This is for two reasons :

1) The compatible test patches had more bugs than expected. Although the recent graphical improvements had worked very well in private testing, when released to the public and tested by hundreds of people, it turned out that there were problems on some graphics cards. One of these has been solved completely and another has been partially fixed. There is also an issue where LFS sometimes causes a crash - this has not yet been resolved and there are some other minor bugs to sort out before we can release an official version.

Just a quick question. coz i was wondering how the Scirocco graphics will it be.

Is the graphics of Scirocco gonna bug the FPS? as i have seen the CMX of Scirocco, It has a high quality DDS materials. In this part im wondering if this will affect the game FPS (you know what i mean).

Is there a requirement changes, like upgrading video cards to run the game smooth with the Scirocco?

I hope that the Scirocco graphical invironment will be the same as the S2 cars that runs smooth even using a 64,128,512 graphic cards.

Thanks Scawen for developing new car and i know this have to be perfect with a name on it VW Scirocco
Of course, the real reason that the patch has been delayed is because of THIS threat.

Thanks you Scawen for letting me keep my schlong safely in my pants (publicly at least).
Dont worry, they are the same like the new XRT interior.
Quote from farcar :Of course, the real reason that the patch has been delayed is because of THIS ("I'm always willing to look like a fool for more LFS content. In fact, it a patch is released before Christmas, I'll get the words "Thanks very, very very much to Scawen, Eric and Victor for the new patch. " tatooed on my schlong, and I'll post pics in this very thread! :schwitz"threat.

Thanks you Scawen for letting me keep my schlong safely in my pants (publicly at least).

don't test patches count ?
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG