The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
Quote from VoiD :Exactly my thoughts.

Scavier: Please surprise us with new content from time to time...

...no more announcments!

Yeah For the love of god dont(refering to the text marked red)
Quote from 510N3D :You are very optimistic today. How comes?

It's Monday.

Calm down, fan boys. I was just having a go.
oh well ... luckily I bought GTA IV so that patches up
the need for new cars / tracks ... a little

I've been giving LFS a long break, as I personally didn't
and still don't get the joy from it since the latest physics
change ( Patch Z ? )

I neved could found the solution for the uber-twitchy
handling ( I bought DSP and didn't like it at all, so I'm still
driving with the trusty old red Momo )

The FOX still has the same feel like it did, but the road cars ...
I don't know ... I've fiddled with all the settings regarding to
steering / Fov etc... but still.

I know it must be about adapting my driving style too ( and possibly the only 260 degrees turning momo )

Anyway

So for me it's not a bad thing to wait if theres going to be
some magical cure for that too at some point the next year

Sorry for being a little off topic, but hey

LET'S HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS !
Quote from th84 :It's Monday.

Calm down, fan boys. I was just having a go.

You just got beaten at ya own game

(I love mondays...:nol2: )
These things happen, I will happily wait
Every patch and addon has been well worth the wait, this is no different

News about the locked-up suspension setups is not as bad as it sounds, after all its simulating that car as accurately as possible.
Quote from G!NhO :ABS or new FBM rims maybe

If we get those before christmas it wil make me more then happy
Quote from Chrisuu01 :If we get those before christmas it wil make me more then happy

We already got it, in testpatches
Quote from Rascar13 :We already got it

I mean non test patch so a version wich every host wil use
i agree with this decision to delay the release of the Scirocco because i want it to be the best car in lfs for some time. Good decision.
Of course, there is some dissapointment, but obviously we have to admit that just 3 amazing guys is working to make us happy and makes one of best game ever, so obviously speed of work is not so fast, like as team which cointains 100 people or more. So I wish successful work for these 3 wonderful guys and hope that patch will be announced soon.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I mean non test patch so a version wich every host wil use

the testpatch is online compatible, so no need for hosts to upgrade for you to use the new features

I for one had a great day today on CTRA using testpatch Z5
Quote from SamH :Usually Scawen is the first one to tell US that giving us ANY advance info on what's coming in LFS is a grave mistake. With all due respect, you've proved his point perfectly.

Usually we go for months not knowing what will be included in LFS in the future. We very rarely get any advance information at all, and the reason - in every instance - is because of disproportionate accusations of betrayal, such as yours. You have, basically, proved Scawen 100% correct by doing exactly as predicted.

The chances of us EVER hearing anything in advance are once again reduced to almost dust, thanks to your tantrum and others like it.

Scawen thought things were far enough along that he was safe to give a guestimate on a release, ahead of Christmas. So some extra bugs were turned up by the patch testers, that put a spanner in it. Scawen WAS NOT rude to announce the VW and then postpone it. For rude, check your own posts.

I have to quote this, just in case he missed the message. Agree 200%.
Quote from ColeusRattus :the testpatch is online compatible, so no need for hosts to upgrade for you to use the new features

I mean yesterday when you raced me that was Z5?.
Quote from ColeusRattus :

so did I, I've spent yesterday climbing through the national rank didn't seem to have problems until track changing time came and I lost connection.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I mean non test patch so a version wich every host wil use

Test patch Z5 works just fine on a regular Z host. Try it. There's no need for the hosts to upgrade now because ABS and new FBM wheels are handled entirely by the client.

edit: ugh, beaten badly

looking forward to the limited setups. Should make racing the VW very interesting
Woho - suits me fine with the delay
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I mean yesterday when you raced me that was Z5?

nope, installed it today, and managed to rid me of 130 points in my way to a silver license. Only 49 to go, but I am way to tired to race properly today, allthough that close to progressing makes it hard to resist joining the track. I had a great run today though, racing more often than november and december put together, a fraction of my usual yellow flags and most races in the points with some podiums.

didn't try the ABS out though, because even if I glance at it in the setup screen, I can feel my testicles shrinking to pea size.
Quote from ColeusRattus :nope, installed it today, and managed to rid me of 130 points in my way to a silver license. Only 49 to go, but I am way to tired to race properly today, allthough that close to progressing makes it hard to resist joining the track. I had a great run today though, racing more often than november and december put together, a fraction of my usual yellow flags and most races in the points with some podiums.

didn't try the ABS out though, because even if I glance at it in the setup screen, I can feel my testicles shrinking to pea size.

And i had beaten you badly yesterday

But i like the improvents alot Espacialy my XRg feels lot more stable under braking wich is a must have for an endurance event
pah, you went offline as I got warmed up ^^ And I was smashed of the track in T1 at my first two races :P
Quote from ColeusRattus :pah, you went offline as I got warmed up ^^ And I was smashed of the track in T1 at my first two races :P

excuses excuses:hide:
Mah kidding on the other hand was on fire those 2 races if the cars in lfs could catch fire on the firts race in t1 that might have beighn liturly
Now let's get back on topic.

No Scirocco on Christmas? Boooohoooohoooooo
Just read that starting post from Scawen about that delay... and I can say it´s good news for me.
Why? 1st you need balls to say that something where hundreds of people are waiting is delayed. I am sure there will be many complains (no, I did not read the whole thread now).

But it´s great to hear that the release is delayed until the Bugs are fixed and more important, that the new features we get (including the car) will be released only when they reach the high standard we all expect.

2nd: I had not thought that we get the car this year, so I was really surprised that we should get it this week. Because of that I really have no problem waiting longer for something I did not expect to get before Q1 / Q1 2009.

So, thanks for delaying the Update and the Scirocco until it´s perfect. You do it better than most of the big companies where we all are playing REAL Beta testers (sadly you never find that on the Box!). Here, we play a Alpha which has a higher standard of quality than most released, boxed Products which claim they are finished

Looking forward to 2009 wishing all a very nice Christmas and a happy new year
Quote from buedi :Just read that starting post from Scawen about that delay... and I can say it´s good news for me.
Why? 1st you need balls to say that something where hundreds of people are waiting is delayed. I am sure there will be many complains (no, I did not read the whole thread now).

But it´s great to hear that the release is delayed until the Bugs are fixed and more important, that the new features we get (including the car) will be released only when they reach the high standard we all expect.

2nd: I had not thought that we get the car this year, so I was really surprised that we should get it this week. Because of that I really have no problem waiting longer for something I did not expect to get before Q1 / Q1 2009.

So, thanks for delaying the Update and the Scirocco until it´s perfect. You do it better than most of the big companies where we all are playing REAL Beta testers (sadly you never find that on the Box!). Here, we play a Alpha which has a higher standard of quality than most released, boxed Products which claim they are finished

Looking forward to 2009 wishing all a very nice Christmas and a happy new year

Very true. microsoft could learn from this!
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG