The online racing simulator
Gotcha. However, when I do turn off the "Full screen vertical sync" option the "Low persistence" option is replaced by a Prediction setting in the View menu.

EDIT: Never mind, only on the initial rift selection screen.
Quote from Scawen :They are just the same setting, using the same value to display.

Had to double check this to confirm my sanity, works as you described after doing a Rift -> monitor -> Rift cycle, there was propably something funny happening while transitioning between patches.
tried the new patch

the experience is very very good.

few points:

1)
I tried both vsync & no vsync (& no fps cap)
no vsync is better for me & more fluid, my fps seems to ceiling & fix at 333.3
*could we add a fps cap at any figure? (not highest 100 as it is now)

2)
I actually liked the previous individual mip map level sliders but I still managed to achieve the same quality with just one, so maybe this is best (as some people will get in a mess with multiple ones)

3)
the low persistence -I seem to feel mine was running in this mode before this update

4)
loving LFS in the dk2 so I'm not moaning but would it be possible for all the existing cameras to simply have a fixed view -then we can just move our heads to follow the cars? .....we can then enjoy replays

so as a conclusion -well done and a big thanks for the update
& requests :

A) ability to cap at any frame rate (200,300,400 etc)

B) replay cams to be fixed view (so head tracking can follow cars etc)

regards
Adrian

( i7 @ 4.5ghz , gtx Titan @ 1130mhz watercooled )
incredible!
No other words can describe this
its really 1:1 tracking now, absolutely no nausea or dizzyness,
its almost real.
I capped fps to 75 with no v-sync, didnt test with v-sync on, will do it later,
but this is it!
Good job Scawen!
For some reason vsync doesn't work. I have a constant framerate of 92 according to MSI Afterburner on the DK2, which is on 75Hz. Enabling or disabling vsync ingame doesn't seem to have any effect and the screen is very 'juddery'. I'm running the latest patch 0.6F4.

I'm using an i7-3770K with an AMD 7990 vidcard. Any idea how I can get vsync to properly work?
Quote from hapklaar :For some reason vsync doesn't work. I have a constant framerate of 92 according to MSI Afterburner on the DK2, which is on 75Hz. Enabling or disabling vsync ingame doesn't seem to have any effect and the screen is very 'juddery'. I'm running the latest patch 0.6F4.

I'm using an i7-3770K with an AMD 7990 vidcard. Any idea how I can get vsync to properly work?

You can force vsync on/off in display drivers. Check catalyst control center.
one more thing regarding low persistence,
it showed in the menu ON,
but it was not on. I clicked it OFF and then ON again
and first after this it was on, the picture is a littler darker,
but the low persistence is so much clearer while moving your head!
Excellent patch...persuaded me to grab an S2 licence

I've not looked around so if its been mentioned before ignore me:-

1 - Is there a reset VR button (to reset/re-centre view) or is tehre no need after initial centering when you start?

2 - Is there an option to moved the drivers seat position, up/down/in/out. If so can we map it
Quote from museumsteve :

1 - Is there a reset VR button (to reset/re-centre view) or is tehre no need after initial centering when you start?

2 - Is there an option to moved the drivers seat position, up/down/in/out. If so can we map it

There is, it's in the normal control options. I bound it to a button on the wheel. You can actually use that to adjust your position in the car by using the position tracking. Just move a little in the opposite direction you want and press the button.
Quote from museumsteve :Excellent patch...persuaded me to grab an S2 licence

I've not looked around so if its been mentioned before ignore me:-

yes it's all there in the options -you'll find it
Quote from ctuchik :There is, it's in the normal control options. I bound it to a button on the wheel. You can actually use that to adjust your position in the car by using the position tracking. Just move a little in the opposite direction you want and press the button.

crumbs, I spent ages looking through the options. Better have another look

EDIT - lol..found it hidden in Alt+ options and in a colour I could hardly see
Quote from museumsteve :crumbs, I spent ages looking through the options. Better have another look

See the first post of this thread:

Quote from Scawen :
TIPS :

1) To reset your seating position, there is a text command /reset rift which is assigned by default to the F8 key.
- Key assignments can be edited in Options - Game - F1 to F8

You can also bind it to your wheel button, as ctuchik said, by assigning /reset rift to any of CTRL + or ALT + F1-F12 keys and then assigning a wheel button to that key. You can do that in Options - Controls, CTRL + or ALT + tabs.
I'm encountering a strange problem, and totally panicking at the same time: since installing this patch my Oculus Rift DK2 display is displaying inverted colors and the positional tracking is off by about 50 degrees (looking down).

Can anyone help? If I unplug the DK2 and plug it into my Mac the colors are fine - it's only on the PC where things have gone haywire. AGH!!!
^ That sounds extremely strange. Have you tried reinstalling the driver/runtime on PC?

About LFS DK2 patch: Just had a nearly three hour long non-stop session in the Rift, zero nausea.

I did notice one thing while driving open top cars though... the direction where the sounds originate from don't seem to use headtracking data. So if there's a car on your side and you turn your head to look at it, the sounds stay exactly the same as if you would've never moved your head. When using headphones, it's difficult to ignore once you notice it happening.

Elite Dangerous does VR sounds by asking Rift users if they're using headphones or speakers and using positional audio accordingly. It might be worth considering doing something like 3D positional binaural audio support for LFS at some point, I would imagine it to have a noticeable effect for headphone users, especially when in VR.
re.sounds

yes I noticed the same -sounds need to be directional & linked
if possible
Thanks!
Thanks for the updates, I bought the full game yesterday after playing the demo while on vacation on my laptop with my DK2. The game seems to have one of the best DK2 integrations I have seen yet, and you seem to be making lots of good updates also!
I wish I was at home with my steering wheel hooked up, the game could use some more custom options to set it up on a PC Xbox 360 controller, I could not get throttle and brake mapped to the trigger buttons at all, and things like restart race and reset player 3d position would be nice mapped to the controller also.
But really nice job so far!
i used the xbox controller too. by far the best available for PC.
its definitively possible to use the l2 r2 analog triggers as separated throttle/break
Thanks for the great DK2 support Scawen, in particular the ability to fiddle around with the settings - e.g. low persistence on/off, moving the menu screens backwards and forwards in 3D etc. I hadn't really tried LFS before but the excellent DK2 support was enough for me to buy an S2 license.
Quote from ctuchik :You can force vsync on/off in display drivers. Check catalyst control center.

I have 'Wait for vertical refresh' set to on, but still no vsync and 90fps.

I think it has to do with Windows 8.1, which seems to handle vsync differently. Do any of you use Windows 8.1 and have different results?
Quote from hapklaar :I have 'Wait for vertical refresh' set to on, but still no vsync and 90fps

Some people reported issues with having to turn it on in both the VIEW and MISC menus.

Otherwise you could just try turning off the FPS cap (since you are mentioning you are stuck at 90 fps I'm guessing you have this on). I've been playing with vsync off at 300ish fps and I think I prefer that to vsync on, as long as low persistence is also turned on.

**I'm running win 8.1. I had issues at first because I had set vsync to off in nvidia control panel, setting it to "application controlled" solved it.
Damn if only my DK2 would be here allready!
It is nice to see you are working hard on a great rift implementation though.

On reddit LFS is allready discussed as the best rift experience besides Elite Dangerous. I hope this pays off and the community buys many licences.

Lets hope VR takes off as we all hope and LFS be one of the "big" launch titles. You definatly have a big chance of pulling this off according to waht i read so far.
Quote from ctuchik :Some people reported issues with having to turn it on in both the VIEW and MISC menus.

Otherwise you could just try turning off the FPS cap (since you are mentioning you are stuck at 90 fps I'm guessing you have this on). I've been playing with vsync off at 300ish fps and I think I prefer that to vsync on, as long as low persistence is also turned on.

**I'm running win 8.1. I had issues at first because I had set vsync to off in nvidia control panel, setting it to "application controlled" solved it.

Ah I didn't know there were other display settings in Misc. Seems the menu's need some sorting and cleaning up

After disabling the FPS cap and vsync, FPS climbed to 530. Then I enabled vsync and got a steady 150 FPS (??) which is twice my refresh rate. This 150 FPS is also what I see in other DK2 demo's with vsync on.

Anyway you suggestions completely fixed my issue The culprit was the FPS limiter, as FPS needs to be at 150 for me. I now have vsync on in all menu's and FPS limiter disabled. No clue why my fps is 150 instead of 75.
Gf has just told me my dk2 has arrived at home. Can't wait to get some serious testing in tonight. I hope I manage to set it all up correctly. I'm also wondering if the nvidia control panel will play ball and let me force AA or I might have to try create a custom resolution but I've never managed to do that before. Anyway, shall report my findings later.
Quote from hapklaar :Ah I didn't know there were other display settings in Misc. Seems the menu's need some sorting and cleaning up

Vertical sync in Misc options is the one that has always been there.

Now it's also displayed in the Rift settings for convenience. But it's exactly the same setting as the one in Misc, so please don't believe this vicious rumour that you have to create some kind of subtle combination of the two VSync settings! There's only one of them, you can simply access it from two different screens!
Quote from Scawen :But it's exactly the same setting as the one in Misc, so please don't believe this vicious rumour that you have to create some kind of subtle combination of the two VSync settings!

It's no rumour. It does happen if you update to F4 if the Rift was left enabled in F3.

But like I said before in the thread, doing a Rift -> monitor -> Rift cycle fixed it, I would imagine it's because LFS now suggests enabling vsync in the 2D/3D selection menu.
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6F12 (Rift DK2)
(832 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG