The online racing simulator
A VERY *3 minor issue, when running under wine if rift support is enabled LFS 0.6F3 will crash. With previous versions there was no crash [and I could pretend I was using a rift... ].

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000018 in 32-bit code (0x1000ff53).
Register dump:
CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0063 GS:006b
EIP:1000ff53 ESP:0032f738 EBP:0032f788 EFLAGS:00010202( R- -- I - - - )
EAX:00000000 EBX:00000001 ECX:5d6cc8a0 EDX:00000000
ESI:10031430 EDI:0032f7b4
Stack dump:
0x0032f738: 0032f804 01e46f30 00000001 00000000
0x0032f748: 00000001 00000029 00000000 00000000
0x0032f758: 00000000 00000000 00000000 32333033
0x0032f768: ffff0032 0032f804 10031430 00000001
0x0032f778: 108463fc 0032f790 100074d2 5d5e3f28
0x0032f788: 0032f7e0 1000381b 10031430 00007672
Backtrace:
=>0 0x1000ff53 in lfsordll (+0xff53) (0x0032f788)
1 0x1000381b in lfsordll (+0x381a) (0x0032f7e0)
2 0x10002232 in lfsordll (+0x2231) (0x0032f7f4)
3 0x004bbfab in lfs (+0xbbfaa) (0x0032fa00)
4 0x004b3a9f in lfs (+0xb3a9e) (0x0032fa88)

Quote from Scawen :When you say "blur fix" is that the same as what I have heard named as "low persistence implementation" ? I don't know what that is. Can I switch off pixels faster?

It basically eliminates almost all "ghosting" when you're moving your head around.

If you want to test it yourself, download this Tuscany demo (this one actually worked for me unlike the official SDK Tuscany version) and you can toggle low persistence mode on/off with the F1 key.

I had to create a shortcut for the TuscanyDK2.exe with an -adapter 1 flag and run it with ctrl+enter to turn off windowed mode, fired up after that in extended desktop mode.

Quote from Alric :People talk as though a developer can basically turn it on or off in their coding but I thought as long as you were above 75fps low persistence worked.

It definitely has to be implemented separately, as you can toggle low persistence mode on/off in the above demo even when running constant 75 FPS.
Quote from Scawen :
What is the AA filter fix? I haven't heard of that.

Sorry, I meaned AF, this bug :
Quote from Flame CZE :
Seems like the AF bug hasn't been fixed in this test patch, not sure if you know about it.
https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1864096#post1864096

----

Quote from Scawen :
Can I switch off pixels faster?

I don't think it's really possible

Try to check why it do theses lags when with VSync

----

Quote from Scawen :
P.S. I certainly haven't forgotten the 3D mirrors, they are the most interesting thing on my list!

Try to do them as realistic as possible (we can see the interior of the car with the mirror at the center) if you can do it easily
Looked in the documentation just now - I had missed that before.
Looks like a simple call to enable low persistence so I'll try that later today.
I had almost no problems with the DK2, just had to swith the output adapter (VGA output).

However I am experiencing something like stuttering when moving my head, like if there was no low persistence enabled or something, hard to explain these things.

I had tried to use FPS limiter , but same results with 86 or 100fps limits.

I had seen this issue on more oculus demos, mostly on MyNeighbourTotoro however it was not that much noticable.

Anyways great to have such patch, you just made +1 user of your game
It seem to have also a AA problem, like reported in the "Bugs - Program" section :

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Problem itself is that AA is on in garage regardless of AA setting in Options. On slower computers problem is noticeable as I warned in test patch thread.

Quote from Scawen :

Hi Sven, you shouldn't need to reinstall.

In your LFS folder, there is a file card_cfg.txt which you can delete (when LFS is not running). LFS will then start up on your default monitor next time.

Then you can try again to see if it works this time round. Please let us know how you get on. I want to make sure the process of switching to Rift mode works as smoothly as possible.

EDIT: LFS doesn't restart automatically, you do have to start LFS in the normal way after clicking "Exit LFS to restart using the Rift device".

Are you sure LFS is not starting when you click the icon?
I sometimes think it isn't starting because it appears on the Rift and there is no message on the default monitor desktop.
Can you see LFS running if you run the Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE) ?

Thanks a lot for your quick response !
I tried it but couldnt get it to work without reinstall. No problem , working now and you have a new S2 license customer ;-) This is absolutely great . will do some further testing as I havent really used LFS in the past, but will certainly play with it now.
Great job !
Regards
Sven
watched a couple DK2 live for speed videos on youtube today and your game is blowing peoples minds
Quote from mattyeatsmatts :watched a couple DK2 live for speed videos on youtube today and your game is blowing peoples minds

I've watched some too, it's really funny to see people trying, it makes me jealous of their DK2

This one this really funny, Scawen, Watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeKjVWIbwzE

I'm sure that the Occulus Rift support will make tons of new players in Live for Speed really soon, and the HD remake of tracks, cars and drivers finish making LFS on his new era
He basically repeats 4 or 5 sentences for 7 minutes. Great reviewer.
when i move my head in the menu i see that its blurry, and then gets sharp, same in the cockpit, is that normal??
Running Rift as primary display with 75hz, 250fps
Quote from Ronny Fantini :when i move my head in the menu i see that its blurry, and then gets sharp, same in the cockpit, is that normal??
Running Rift as primary display with 75hz, 250fps

That's probably due to the low persistence setting not being enabled. Scawen is aware of that.
Quote from Scawen :Looked in the documentation just now - I had missed that before.
Looks like a simple call to enable low persistence so I'll try that later today.

with 8x sparse grid supersampling, its much better, stops completely texture flickering, really nice
When you look over your shoulder behind the car or out the door and the tracking camera loses sight of the HMD, it seems like the view snaps back to the center of the seat and it feels quite jarring.

It would be nice to keep the tracking position in place until the camera finds the HMD again and continues tracking it again from the new location.
thats also mainly because the cam is sitting to high on my rig, since eyelevel is in the middle of the screen but the cam higher.
Yes, I was talking in general. It happens regardless of the setup as a single camera can't track the HMD at such radical angles.
Had a go yesterday, and was blown away. Great experience

A couple of small details bugged me a little bit however. When i'm in the cockpit, i have to turn my head and "aim" to see certain details without them being blurry, like the map and laptimes. I don't know if this is only me, or if others experience this as well.

Also, i have the drivers body visible in cockpit, and the edges on the driver gets very colorful. I will try to take a screenshot when i get home to show what i mean.

Another small detail, when changing the view and using the "Above the car-view", the camera spins around and around making me very dizzy

Will do some more testing tomorrow and let you know if i spot anything else.

I'm using no vsync, no fps limiter. Full AA.
#48 - kdo
Quote from audimasta :
Another small detail, when changing the view and using the "Above the car-view", the camera spins around and around making me very dizzy

Do you mean the camera don't move with the car?

If so, you can enable this in option
I don't own a Rift, but I think I know the answer to two of your questions.

Quote from audimasta :
A couple of small details bugged me a little bit however. When i'm in the cockpit, i have to turn my head and "aim" to see certain details without them being blurry, like the map and laptimes. I don't know if this is only me, or if others experience this as well.

I've heard that the Rift has a sweet spot in the middle of the lense where everything looks better.

Quote from audimasta :
Also, i have the drivers body visible in cockpit, and the edges on the driver gets very colorful. I will try to take a screenshot when i get home to show what i mean.

This is probably due to LFS' lack of color aberration correction. Everything at the edge of your field of view should be very bad in LFS (for the moment).
Quote from audimasta :When i'm in the cockpit, i have to turn my head and "aim" to see certain details without them being blurry, like the map and laptimes. I don't know if this is only me, or if others experience this as well.

This happens in every DK2 demo out there. It's because of the single lens optics and a smaller screen than in DK1. Let's hope Facebook money will make it possible to have better quality optics in the CV1 with multiple glass lenses.

Quote from audimasta :Also, i have the drivers body visible in cockpit, and the edges on the driver gets very colorful.

Chromatic aberration correction isn't implemented in LFS yet.
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6F12 (Rift DK2)
(832 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG