The online racing simulator
What a joy it is to race the DK2 with LFS. It has been a long time since I've wanted to race for that many hours. Thank you Scawen, keep it up.
Quote from simg :sfc /scannow didn't find any issues and a full windows update including optional patches hasn't made any difference

dependency walker still reports MSVCR100.DLL as being problematic, but I have reason to believe maybe a limitation of dependency walker not understanding about win32/64 (see https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/393036)

In other news, I managed to get my venerable Logitech FFGP steering wheel out of the loft and working with LFS

Many thanks for the help and suggestions so far. Unless anyone has any other suggestions, I'll wait for the next patch and see if it's improved error reporting reveals anything.

hi,
i have the same issue.
I could not resolve it jet.
Another idea I had, was that the communication to the Occulus tool is blocked by the firewall. But is was not the case.

simg, pleas postyour progress here, so can follow.
Thanks
@HackMac

will do
Quote from cmorosco :Just recorded a video but it is hard to see. Will have to wait for it to upload but I can post a picture from the video.

that looks pretty bad, no I do not have this,
I am running at very high fps though,

what is your fps?
turn off AA and anything else you can just to eliminate anything that could be slowing your PC down,

I also assume you read and followed the setup (for LFS - dk2 ) instructions completely

does your PC run quick & pretty much trouble free otherwise?
sometimes I need to re-instate mine to keep everything super slick
(re-install windows fresh)
check to make sure LFS speed is running glitch free on your monitor just to eliminate any strange software conflicts

does your dk2 run the desk config demo without this problem -If it does then we know there isn't a rift hardware fault
Those of you who have issues, is your DK2 on the left or right side of the main monitor in the windows display menu? Apparently it *HAS* to be on the left side for some things to work.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus ... culus_rift_wasnt_working/

I've always had mine on the right side of my main monitor and haven't had issues, but it might be worth a try moving your Rift to the left.
My rift demo works fine. The problem only exists in lfs. I have 780ti so no problems with fps. Can get 333.3 with vsync off with multiple AI cars. My ghosting just appeared all of a sudden. Going to try a full re-install of my entire pc to see if this fixes the problem. Mine does look slightly different than the other guys problem though. His whole mirror looks like there are two mirrors over each other (unless it's just the photo). My problem is if you look at any object and move your head it blurs the object with a black shadow either side of it. It doesn't have to be a fully black object to do this. If you turn low persistence off, everything blurs but with it on it's really smooth except for this weird shadow blur thing. Another way to explain it is: the tuscany demo that everyone is complaining about when looking up at the rafter and seeing all the true black smearing, well it's like that but on any colour object (although black is worse).

EDIT*** My rift is on the right side of my main monitor. Will try the left and report back before doing a full re-install.
switched to left thanks
Quote from ctuchik :Do you have vsync on? Does it run at 75 fps? That's exactly what I saw in a demo when the refresh rate was locked at 60 hz instead of 75.

Yes, Vsync is on and running at a constant 75 fps with no drops. I don't see any judder and it is all smooth. I just see moving shadows on everything if I move my head quickly.
Quote from Scawen :Have you checked the low persistence option?

Yes, low persistence is on. It's really smooth but I just see ghosting that look like shadows for a second if I move my head quickly.
Quote from Alric : cmorosco, did your dk2 not do this in lfs at any stage? Or was it always like this?

I don't remember seeing it before so its either there was too much judder before to notice and now that it is smooth I am seeing it or it was introduced when I moved to SDK 0.4.1.
Quote from Alric :My rift demo works fine. The problem only exists in lfs. I have 780ti so no problems with fps. Can get 333.3 with vsync off with multiple AI cars. My ghosting just appeared all of a sudden. Going to try a full re-install of my entire pc to see if this fixes the problem. Mine does look slightly different than the other guys problem though. His whole mirror looks like there are two mirrors over each other (unless it's just the photo). My problem is if you look at any object and move your head it blurs the object with a black shadow either side of it. It doesn't have to be a fully black object to do this. If you turn low persistence off, everything blurs but with it on it's really smooth except for this weird shadow blur thing. Another way to explain it is: the tuscany demo that everyone is complaining about when looking up at the rafter and seeing all the true black smearing, well it's like that but on any colour object (although black is worse).

EDIT*** My rift is on the right side of my main monitor. Will try the left and report back before doing a full re-install.

Yeah those pictures are worse than what I see in the rift. You explained it perfect. It's like a black shadow but for all colors, not just black. Everything is still smooth though.

I also have my rift on the right so will move it to the left too.
Quote from Matrixi :Those of you who have issues, is your DK2 on the left or right side of the main monitor in the windows display menu? Apparently it *HAS* to be on the left side for some things to work.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus ... culus_rift_wasnt_working/

I've always had mine on the right side of my main monitor and haven't had issues, but it might be worth a try moving your Rift to the left.

didn't fix the "could not open oculus dll" error.

would have been lovely if it did though
Initilise error
Hi can anyone help, when I select 3D in View tab I get a delay and the error message "unable to initialise oculas rift headset", I have downloaded the latest patch, tried both HDMI and the supplied adapter, running a Nvidia 580, full S2 licence, tried various resolutions searched through forums but lost on this, any help would be fantastic, thanks in advance.
Quote from gyroboy :Hi can anyone help, when I select 3D in View tab I get a delay and the error message "unable to initialise oculas rift headset", I have downloaded the latest patch, tried both HDMI and the supplied adapter, running a Nvidia 580, full S2 licence, tried various resolutions searched through forums but lost on this, any help would be fantastic, thanks in advance.

- You need to install the Oculus runtime 0.4.1
- You need to set the Display Mode to "Extend" using the Oculus icon in the system tray.
upgraded to s2

the open top V8 is very nice

I much prefer using the in-sim wheel now I use VR although I have a fab sim wheel with pro display etc (obviously this was what I looked at when using monitors) it's so nice to have a change!
opps sorry, I meant s2 !

have edited lol
Thanks for reply, had SDK installed but think it was corrupted, re-installed and all works fine.
Spent a long time testing last night. I'm starting to think my shadow ghosting problem isn't actually anything wrong with lfs and it's just my brain which has started to notice it. Therefore I believe it's just a trait of the display and the true black smearing. An oculus employee did twitter they know about the issue and already have a fix for it. I was sad it hasn't made the light of day yet though but I imagine there's pros & cons with the fix as it has to do with turning the pixel off etc.

The problem is forgotten about when racing, it's mainly noticeable when stationary and looking around the cars interior.

I found one other small issue, when driving down a straight and looking 90 degrees left or right, the scenery isn't smooth as you drive by, it stutters. Has anyone else noticed this?

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, lfs with a dk2 is just the best gaming experience I have ever had. It really is the next level. I can't begin to imagine lfs with the new tyre physics, new content and a rift CV1. Scawen, you have done an amazing job, in fact it's sooo good you've made the dk2 better than most people thought possible. Good times ahead hopefully

I tried the MRT5 last night which probably gives you the best sense of speed as you can see the ground right beneath you and tricks me into thinking the FOV is wider. Wow, what an experience even just driving with the AI. Slip streaming right up to another MRT5 gearbox and pulling out for an overtake and then watching the car next to you side by side before pulling off a move is just mind blowing. The other cars just seem so real and the right size. They seem big and look like they have mass which never happened on a monitor. As I was following close behind another MRT5 I thought I saw sparks as it bottomed out on the straight but it was actually just the low resolution of the screen but how cool would sparks be while wearing the rift! Anyway, getting carried away.
Scawen could you turn player's car shadows on in the first person view? They are currently turned off (to reduce GPU usage, I guess).
http://i.imgur.com/QLyVMYm.jpg
Quote from Amynue :Scawen could you turn player's car shadows on in the first person view? They are currently turned off (to reduce GPU usage, I guess).
http://i.imgur.com/QLyVMYm.jpg

yes I noticed no shadows there too -although I'm new to LFS and didn't know if they existing before or now (only used LFS in the dk2 )
monitor setup disconnected now
Hey Scawen the famous DK1 Demo "Titans of Space" has now been released for DK2!

If you haven´t tried, I really suggest you should, because
this demo is a good example for a VR userinterface which replaces the mouse with the Rift
I'm not too fond of replacing mouse with look aiming personally...

But one thing I noticed in ToS was the minimal true black smearing, wonder could it be done in LFS aswell?
Quote from Matrixi :I'm not too fond of replacing mouse with look aiming personally...

Making it an option?
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6F12 (Rift DK2)
(832 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG