The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :- Start LFS and click 3D on the View Options Screen
- Select Oculus Rift and click OK
- You should be given the option to exit, ready to restart in Rift mode
- Start LFS again after exiting in that way

Just a thought, wouldn't it be more convenient to use the LFS restarter instead, to restart in rift mode automatically?
Hello Scawen! LFS has always been one of my favorite titles and it's great to see the developments!

Here's my situation, and I hate to cry about it, but I cannot resolve it: I install the latest patch and go to configure the 3d like in your OP to this thread says to do. I click Oculus and then ok and it immediately begins displaying the Rift content on the main screen but there's nothing on the rift. It doesn't give me any option to restart other than exiting normally. If I go and delete that file to redo it, I get a crash event and have to reinstall all over again.

The system is a Win 7 SP1, i7-3820k (no oc), GTX780. The Oculus runtimes are the 4.2 (most recent).

Thank you!

Derek Speare
Quote from DerekSpeare :Hello Scawen! LFS has always been one of my favorite titles and it's great to see the developments!

Here's my situation, and I hate to cry about it, but I cannot resolve it: I install the latest patch and go to configure the 3d like in your OP to this thread says to do. I click Oculus and then ok and it immediately begins displaying the Rift content on the main screen but there's nothing on the rift. It doesn't give me any option to restart other than exiting normally. If I go and delete that file to redo it, I get a crash event and have to reinstall all over again.

The system is a Win 7 SP1, i7-3820k (no oc), GTX780. The Oculus runtimes are the 4.2 (most recent).

Thank you!

Derek Speare

Derek: did you try these steps?

Quote :How to get LFS running on your Rift DK2 :
- Oculus Configuration Utility - Set your Rift to extended mode
- Windows Display - use extended desktop mode (not duplicated)
- Confusingly, set the DK2 to "portrait" (meaning rotated) mode in Windows
- Start LFS and click 3D on the View Options Screen

Quote from THE WIZARD DK :dunno if bug or not.. but racing jäger here was a puzzle to me .. look at his name, then flip the name upwards... theres the dots over A ???

i dont know if related to this patch or not. so i post here .

but it atleast dont seem right in any way

this is a fresh install, tho i change two dds files . but this is in the text? just looked weird and i have nver seen this before..

EDIT: thought picture might be needed aswell :/

There is a bug with the position of accents in driver names over cars. It should be fixed in F9.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Quote from DerekSpeare :Hello Scawen! LFS has always been one of my favorite titles and it's great to see the developments!

Thank you!

Derek Speare

Derek: did you try these steps?

Quote :How to get LFS running on your Rift DK2 :
- Oculus Configuration Utility - Set your Rift to extended mode
- Windows Display - use extended desktop mode (not duplicated)
- Confusingly, set the DK2 to "portrait" (meaning rotated) mode in Windows
- Start LFS and click 3D on the View Options Screen

I followed those steps precisely. The split images show up on the main screen and nothing on the Rift.
It might sound as a silly question, but have you installed the latest TEST patch? If so, it should say 0.6F8 at the bottom of your entry screen.
Quote from Flame CZE :It might sound as a silly question, but have you installed the latest TEST patch? If so, it should say 0.6F8 at the bottom of your entry screen.

Nope - FAR from a silly question. I dowloaded the full install package from Symprojects linked from this page:

https://www.lfs.net/downloads

I have V 6F and not V6F8. I'm off to get the required patch...thank you
Quote from DerekSpeare :Nope - FAR from a silly question. I dowloaded the full install package from Symprojects linked from this page:

https://www.lfs.net/downloads

I have V 6F and not V6F8. I'm off to get the required patch...thank you

Yeah, the Oculus Rift DK2 version is not official yet, it's only a test patch so far (although it should become official very soon).

Just go to the first post of this thread, and check the bottom of the post for installation instructions and download links
Quote from Flame CZE :Yeah, the Oculus Rift DK2 version is not official yet, it's only a test patch so far (although it should become official very soon).

Just go to the first post of this thread, and check the bottom of the post for installation instructions and download links

Thank you - 6F8 Patch installed - WOW WOW WOW! Thank you!
Pleased you got it working. A lot of people have missed that they have to install the test patch. The official version still only includes DK1 support.

I expect to release Test Patch 0.6F9 today and the official version next week. It will be really helpful for newcomers when the official version works with the DK2!
Excellent !!
I like watching the palm trees of Fern Bay a lot !
The palm trees do look better
Attached images
0.6F8.jpg
0.6F9.jpg
I'm getting the below error when starting and exiting.

I'm on win 8.1 and have never got this error before. I last tried the F8 patch without issues.

ps. trees look fantastic.

Faulting application name: LFS.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x541c5f77
Faulting module name: DSOUND.dll, version: 6.3.9600.16384, time stamp: 0x52158a8c
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x000686da
Faulting process id: 0x1560
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfd438c754a034
Faulting application path: D:\LFS_S2_ALPHA_Z\LFS.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DSOUND.dll
Report Id: 0935d775-402c-11e4-9c44-94de807f6645
Faulting package full name:

Thanks for the report. Is it an intermittent fault or does it happen every time? Does it stop LFS completely? If so I guess it must be intermittent when starting, or else you could never see the trees or get the fault when exiting. Slight problem is I don't know how to proceed tracking down the fault because I haven't seen it and it is within the DSOUND module (provided by Microsoft). If there is a reliable way to reproduce this I'd like to know about it.

EDIT : Would you mind trying the F8 patch again to make sure it doesn't happen with that? Just in case your computer has gone funny.
Tested, no problems as usual. Trees look more alive indeed!
I installed the F8 patch and everything worked fine. I have installed the F9 patch again and it does not crash any longer. Not sure what happened there. Thanks
I just posted the below and my reply went to page 30, but it seems to have disappeared. Forum bug?

Here it is again...

I installed the F8 patch and everything worked fine. I have installed the F9 patch again and it does not crash any longer. Not sure what happened there. Thanks
Fingers crossed...!
PSA: If anyone else is having problems with custom high-res textures not working anymore, they're propably saved using a wrong size.

This was happening with the RB4 textures I had downloaded, tried different .dds settings and enabling/disabling alpha layers but nothing worked, then I noticed the texture was actually 2000x2000 instead of 2048x2048. Re-sized, re-saved and it works again.

Patch itself seems to be working great, no anomalies yet atleast. I still recommend using a 2560x1440 custom resolution for supersampling, with this new update it makes alpha layer textures look even better on the Rift!
Trees indeed look much better now, good job!

But it looks like transmission towers suffer now, is it possible to apply same effect there?
Also I wouldn't mind to see actual lines, not just towers from distance.

Attached images
f8 vs f9.jpg
Trees do look much better now. I finally see why you guys called it Blackwood!

And just to report this old bugger is fixed now for me.
It would be so great if my LFS settings keeps equal than before updating the game.
I am a mouse player and all my mouse configuration get erased every time I update the game.
Is there a way to keep the settings?
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Trees indeed look much better now, good job!

But it looks like transmission towers suffer now, is it possible to apply same effect there?
Also I wouldn't mind to see actual lines, not just towers from distance.

Hmm, I don't really understand that. Are you sure it's using the same texture in both images? The pylons at Blackwood were already using plain ALPHA and still are, so shouldn't really change.

Maybe you can check your pylon2_ALP (F9) and pylon2ALPHA (F8) versions of that texture to see if they are the same? In my version (using the new re-exported texture) they seem to look quite good in the distance.

Quote from josemspain :It would be so great if my LFS settings keeps equal than before updating the game.
I am a mouse player and all my mouse configuration get erased every time I update the game.
Is there a way to keep the settings?

I don't really know what this means. Which settings exactly disappear? Is this every time you install a test patch? I don't see any reason for that, but could have a look if you describe a simple case of how to reproduce the problem.
Quote from Scawen :Pleased you got it working. A lot of people have missed that they have to install the test patch. The official version still only includes DK1 support.

I expect to release Test Patch 0.6F9 today and the official version next week. It will be really helpful for newcomers when the official version works with the DK2!

Thank you Your support of the Oculus puts LFS right up front where it deserves to be. WOW! It's like really driving!

NB - The 6F9 patch works just fine for me.
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6F12 (Rift DK2)
(832 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG