The online racing simulator
I really think you are mistaken. I've checked again and it is the same line of code to show that button in both cases, and refers to the exact same variable. So there is no way it could appear differently, depending on which screen you are in. There's no complexity here, it's just "show NO if it's off and show YES if it's on".
Attempted to reproduce it with a fresh LFS -> F3 -> F4 install using the same procedure and it didn't happen.

Guess I was mistaken then - which is very confusing because I was wondering about the inconsistency of the vsync setting for a good while on my first F4 session and testing both settings several times and I wouldn't have written about it here otherwise.

Sorry.

*Edit: Sigh, found the culprit after more testing. One other program had switched Nvidia Inspectors global profile to adaptive vsync.
I just want to say thank you for adding DK2 support.

Just like the DK1 Support, it works just perfect. Im sooooooo glad that I´ve bought this game and Im convincing everyone i know with a DK2 to buy it. With my g27 and the positional Tracking the Immersion is almost perfect. Now we just need to somehow simulate G-Forces
Top implimentation! Im having a hard time explaining LFS is having a laugh at other games such as pCars at the moment.

Its pretty much faultless here and lagging bad at pCars, while they are saying there is no lag.

Anyhow. I am just thrilled you are getting the attention you deserve for this implimentation!
I don't see any difference? but still great thanks for the work again!!
Quote from AntonieB :I don't see any difference? but still great thanks for the work again!!

CA correction working fine here, just fired up the patch. You sure you installed it?
Quote from AntonieB :I don't see any difference? but still great thanks for the work again!!

You have to copy the new Rift shader, too (I think you missed that one).

Make sure you unpack the entire archive into your LFS directory. Because it contains a new shader, you must extract it too.

It's surprising how many people just copy LFS.exe and then complain that it's not working as it should There is also a post on Oculus subreddit about a "graphical issue" which turned out to be missing shaders.
Hehe, I did copy full folder I always do.

Checked again and I have the shader.. I just don't see any difference.. but it can be me not exactly knowing what to look for.
Works perfectly, absolutely amazing. So much better when looking at things in the periphery like passing cars. Makes a huge difference, you are a wizard!
I don't expect my dk2 until September but man your work is amazing, I own LFS for some years and can't wait to test it with the rift.
Brilliant work again indeed.

I have just one question, would it be possible to have a toggle for chromatic aberration correction? Just asking because non-CA corrected videos look much better for non-Rift owners on Youtube and I'm planning to upload some LFS Rift footage.
Quote from Matrixi :Brilliant work again indeed.

I have just one question, would it be possible to have a toggle for chromatic aberration correction? Just asking because non-CA corrected videos look much better for non-Rift owners on Youtube and I'm planning to upload some LFS Rift footage.

One thing you can do is temporarily rename the pixel shader (Rift.psh) to something else, then there is no CAC.
we just extract to the LFS folder right?

I've updated but (although I'm very happy) not seeing much difference
do we have to delete an old shader file or something?
This just gets better..I really hope sales are going up, as rift owners are praising this everywhere I look (me included of course)
Quote from adrianstealth :we just extract to the LFS folder right?

I've updated but (although I'm very happy) not seeing much difference
do we have to delete an old shader file or something?

Yes, just extract the archive to your LFS folder. Make sure there is a new file Rift.psh in your data/shaders folder. That's what makes the chromatic aberration work.
Quote from Flame CZE :Yes, just extract the archive to your LFS folder. Make sure there is a new file Rift.psh in your data/shaders folder. That's what makes the chromatic aberration work.

ok thanks , I'll check

agreed, LFS devs are putting other/bigger software houses to shame right now,
the recognition is well deserved
mini game. literally.
this game is looking incredible in the dk2 except for one thing.

everything is TINY.

the car is like a little clown car almost. my body looks like its 4 feet tall, at best.

i lifted my dk2 off and on my eyes a few times comparing the size to my real body and the arms are almost half the length. its bizarre. and i dont know why others havent noticed or mentioned this?

and yes i do have the ipd and height etc all set up correctly in the oculus drivers. and yes every single other game and demo ive tried i look the correct height and the world looks correct. in fact, in most games im surprised at how big everything looks.

any ideas?
great work again... thx
What is on your plan now?
Me, i found nothing to change... maybe the S3
Time warp?
Quote from jasonmatthews :Time warp?

As far as I know it should be in there already, but you need to enable V-sync for it to work.

Now if only the tracking volume would be bigger we could walk around the car and then hop in. Then in one version when Oculus brings their hand trackers we could roll down the window and give the finger to passing drivers
After the latest test patch adding CAC, I'm getting really bad judder, which I wasn't getting before. I've tried turning vsync off, and back on, and I tried cycling back to a monitor then back to the rift, and I tried re-patching. Only thing I haven't tried is re-installing from scratch, which will be my next option. Any ideas?
Well a fresh install fixed it...not sure what caused the problem. I do notice now that if I turn on vsync, it causes bad judder as one would expect, but then when you turn it back off, it doesn't fix the judder. I have to restart the game with vsync off to fix it.

Other than that, this patch is amazing! Positional tracking works amazingly well, and chromatic aberration doesn't seem to be a big problem. Keep up the good work, Scawen!
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6F12 (Rift DK2)
(832 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG