The online racing simulator
Right.. Im hooked! Lol

After playing a couple hours last night im in love!

Was playing with a mate who started far bottom left of the map, i was far bottom right and we met up in bolova is it? With an old unused runway? Anyway... I decided to attack a zombie and it left me with 1000 blood and i keep falling over now lol. Ate some meat that i cooked and im back up over 2000.. I think i need to travel to a hospital and get some blood lol.

How do you put stuff in your backpack? I can open it but then i cant get anything in it.
It's right there in the beginner's guide troy linked to...

First try, already epic! Started out near the lighthouse west of Komarovo, aggroed a z on my second approach to some houses (first ones I couldn't get into), ran for my life first time... Then I circled back and found the airstrip near Balota... As I was stealthing my way into the tower I heard shots in the distance, coming closer... In my panic, I grabbed ALL the things (I don't need) - just in time, because as I was robbing out of the tower building two players came around the corner and ran in, thankfully not seeing me lying the grass there... They exited towards Balota trailed by a handful of zombies, so I made my escape in the other direction, grabbing a MP5 in the first hangar (sweet!)... Luck ran out quickly, as trying to approach a small settlement in the hills near Cherno my ammo ran out with one zombie remaining (that'll teach me to use the ironsights!)... Cue second run for my life... Until I lost connection with the server, I was back to stealth and evading again...

Anyone needing LMG ammo or flares near Cherno?
So, from now on we'll not meet in the NDR TS anymore?
I need some morphine, or I need someone to get one for me. :/
Going online nao.
Im going on later.. I got chores to do.
Scrabby and me wearing my new character went back to the supermarket after clearing some deer stands. We got spotted by a group of zombies so it wasn't exactly the stealthiest insert in Dayz history.

We separated inside to search the market and automatic gun fire ensued from Scrabby's direction. There was someone else looting the market. I don't know who shot first but I turned around and saw bodies lying on the floor, zombies rushing in and muzzle flash and smoke coming from behind a corner while someone was trying to hold them off. I had an AKM with two magazines and approached him. He peeked around the corner and we exchanged mags of 5.45mm through the shelfs in the storeroom and he fell down dead.

I quickly checked that he was dead and went to cover the main entrance and saw someone entering the market with an AKSU. I had better cover behind the cash register. Both managed to fire several rounds. I took a hit to arm and went into shock but he rolled over from several fatal chest hits.

I went back to store room to try to find Scrabby but more zombies rushed in and I went through my last magazine while floor was getting covered in bodies.

Scrabby woke up from unconsciousness only to see a 3rd unknown player rush him with a hatchet (!). Scrabby unloaded a magazine on him while he struck him and they both fell down dead.

I had no bullets left in my AKM. No sidearm. No hatchet. I would have been dead if Scrabby had not managed to stop him.

The sound of flies was thick while I looted the bodies and ran from the market to the woods.

Then I ate some more pizza which was delicious while thanking the zombie Jesus I escaped a full blown close quarters automatic firefight and a hatchetman.
Sky2004
Spanky im by the deerstand that scrabby spawned at if u wanna meet up
I spent a little time last night moping around one of the towns, found some goodies, no weapons tho apart from a hatchet. I stumbled upon 2 peeps hidden away in a supermarket and i decided id have a bash at killing them, didnt go well lol.
Wait a minute..

Right now I'm in a respawn marathon to get as close as possible to Bor
Do you all start via SixLauncher or via Steam? Is it possible to start with the latest beta patch via Steam (some say yes, others no)?
Quote from bbman :Do you all start via SixLauncher or via Steam? Is it possible to start with the latest beta patch via Steam (some say yes, others no)?

Yes, you can install beta patches from Bohemia's web site on Steam version too.

I have a boxed OA but Arma2 from Steam and I can launch beta-patched Combined Operations via Steam as a non-Steam game. Confused already?

ANYWAY! I'd have an AKM, AKSU-74, Remington 870 pump-action shotgun I'd love to donate to someone! Please get on TS if you need guns. I'm near Bor and backpack is too full to carry all this weaponry.
ahem
Ill help you carry stuff.. Lets see if i can get to you tonight
Ive been meaning to ask..

FPS.. In towns mine is terrible, in the open its fine. Anything i can do to sort it? Or at least make it better?

--------

I7920 @ 3.6
6gb ddr3
Sli 2x 460 cyclone 1gb

Ta.
Quote from R3DMAN :Ive been meaning to ask..

FPS.. In towns mine is terrible, in the open its fine. Anything i can do to sort it? Or at least make it better?

--------

I7920 @ 3.6
6gb ddr3
Sli 2x 460 cyclone 1gb

Ta.

I'm surprised you have an issue with FPS? Maybe try disabling SLI for the game? Also have a look at this guide.

http://www.overclock.net/t/532 ... fire-and-other-fps-tweaks
Quote from bbman :Do you all start via SixLauncher or via Steam? Is it possible to start with the latest beta patch via Steam (some say yes, others no)?

I cant, so i just use six
well i just tried disabling SLi and it seems to have tripled the FPS

just need to jump on dayz and make sure it works....

...testing...

...testing...

...testing...

...testing...

yup, seems to have worked! now i can go around town with more than 10fps
LOl, Spankymeyer is taking his cats out

I cant believe i sat for days deciding whether or not to buy this!!!

Im completely hooked!!

Any zombie game which forces you to crawl through grass rather than shoot them is doing something right!

I cant believe i played from 5:30pm to 11pm withought even realising! Me n my mate have ventured up to some massive antenna and made camp just outside. Found shit loads of food, ammo guns and all sorts now! Problem is i want more weapons! Lol im running around with an ak74u atm, i did have a lee enfield but i only had 2 bullets left but i really wanted to keep it! oh well needs must i suppose. I went to a hospital to get some blood early on and some guy just kept shooting at me he didnt hit me tho, i layed on a hill with the enfield just lookin around and he sat in a doorway.... Boom! Down he went! As i approached the house he was in i think someone else had the same idea and started shooting at me with a makerov and god knows how he didnt hit me but i managed to get a shot off and got him aswell, quick loot of all bodies and i dissapeared before either came back for revenge!

My current char is about 7/8 hours old now, killed about 12 zombies and murdered 2 ppl.

Id there some general consensus of what you have to do to deem your friendly or is it a case of just do what you need to stay alive?.
Quote from R3DMAN :I cant believe i sat for days deciding whether or not to buy this!!!

Im completely hooked!!

Any zombie game which forces you to crawl through grass rather than shoot them is doing something right!

I cant believe i played from 5:30pm to 11pm withought even realising! Me n my mate have ventured up to some massive antenna and made camp just outside. Found shit loads of food, ammo guns and all sorts now! Problem is i want more weapons! Lol im running around with an ak74u atm, i did have a lee enfield but i only had 2 bullets left but i really wanted to keep it! oh well needs must i suppose. I went to a hospital to get some blood early on and some guy just kept shooting at me he didnt hit me tho, i layed on a hill with the enfield just lookin around and he sat in a doorway.... Boom! Down he went! As i approached the house he was in i think someone else had the same idea and started shooting at me with a makerov and god knows how he didnt hit me but i managed to get a shot off and got him aswell, quick loot of all bodies and i dissapeared before either came back for revenge!

My current char is about 7/8 hours old now, killed about 12 zombies and murdered 2 ppl.

Id there some general consensus of what you have to do to deem your friendly or is it a case of just do what you need to stay alive?.

There are no rules so you gonna have to make your own. And then abandon them once in a while.

If you encounter another armed player in close quarters and see them first, it's usually wise to either a) stay hidden or b) shoot them if you feel reward is worth the risk and you believe he doesn't have a buddy moving to flank you or sniper cover...

I'd say trust only the people you know in real life. Sure, friendly encounters might happen but high survival instinct's a bitch.

DayZ - Arma 2 Zombie Mod
(487 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG