The online racing simulator
DayZ - Arma 2 Zombie Mod
(487 posts, started )
Is there a salute option in dayz? I thought there was one but i could be thinking operation flashpoint.
Quote from R3DMAN :Is there a salute option in dayz? I thought there was one but i could be thinking operation flashpoint.

Asterisk or the other funny hat button next to Enter.
We only kill people if they shoot first

The thing is... most people will just try and kill you instead of helping eachother...
If they are holding a gun Im just going to shoot on sight. If its holstered or they have an axe ill just watch and let them go.

Ive nothing to gain from shooting a new starter.
That's gay man. You shoudln't just shoot anyone because it's carrying a gun. So if u'd see us walk by with our guns, you'll shoot at us?
Its best to hide first, although i shot a freshie for running away from me and racked up a murder. I told him not to run though...
We should all group in a city and prepare to raid the north west airfield
When do you guys play and what server, usually?

Played for 2 hours today; picked up M1911 with about 10 mags, ALICE pack, DMR (only 1 mag though), along with enough survival supplies to last me a long while.
Quote from Rappa Z :When do you guys play and what server, usually?

Played for 2 hours today; picked up M1911 with about 10 mags, ALICE pack, DMR (only 1 mag though), along with enough survival supplies to last me a long while.

Est time usually after 2 or 3 but sometimes earlier if im not at work. Add my steam if you havent (steam:mustangman759)
i was looting the hospital at elektro and i heard gunshots and somebody running. i had my akm on hand and crawl out of the hospital. on my way out i saw this dude with a hatchet trying to kill the zombies that were following him. the thing is that he was in my way so i killed him then i ran my life towards otmel with around 10z chasing me. luckyly i lost them when i went into the water and crossed the river. it was a close call.
Quote from el pibe :i was looting the hospital at elektro and i heard gunshots and somebody running. i had my akm on hand and crawl out of the hospital. on my way out i saw this dude with a hatchet trying to kill the zombies that were following him. the thing is that he was in my way so i killed him then i ran my life towards otmel with around 10z chasing me. luckyly i lost them when i went into the water and crossed the river. it was a close call.

NEVER CRAWL if there's a possibility of hostile players nearby (towns, villages, high risk areas). Crawling is good for evading zombies but you're an easy target for people and you can't return fire fast in close quarters while crawling.
Quote from Scrabby :That's gay man. You shoudln't just shoot anyone because it's carrying a gun. So if u'd see us walk by with our guns, you'll shoot at us?

90% Of all players would kill on sight anyway, im just doing what i need to to survive.
Quote from R3DMAN :90% Of all players would kill on sight anyway, im just doing what i need to to survive.

Problem with shooting people on sight is that if they were not alone, you just gave a clear message that you are nearby, you are hostile and it's ok to kill you for revenge.
well chances are if they didn't see me then i probably would watch to make sure they are alone.

if they pose a potential threat etc then i probably would kill them.

ive just been on now in starry sobar and a guy shot me and killed me for no reason then again in some trees, well we actually killed each other but both times they shot first.
Quote from R3DMAN :ive just been on now in starry sobar and a guy shot me and killed me for no reason then again in some trees, well we actually killed each other but both times they shot first.

You're much better off in the North West Airfield, Starry Sobor is a killing field. At least on the airfield you have a chance of scouting out the buildings properly and you have quite a bit of cover you can run to.
Oh really?

Well ill avoid that place then. Lol

I really want to go to the airfield but its such a long way if i die lol
Found a toolbox and barbwire here the other day, and wondering - can barbwire be used more than once? Or will it be one-time-use-only item?
Hey guys, do You sit on TS? Or are You communicating through the inside voip? Could You send me adress for the ts channel ;]. Thx.
Quote from Byku :Hey guys, do You sit on TS? Or are You communicating through the inside voip? Could You send me adress for the ts channel ;]. Thx.

It was posted a few pages back

109.70.149.232:10002
Finally managed to cram the Arma 2 update on my choked up HD. Anyone online later tonight?
2 questions.

1. how do i get VoIP working in game? - i know Ctrl is the PTT button.

2. HDR - my bro is having probs with major differences between dark and light where im having none at all, HDR is still there as i can see it but the effect is much less.

we have exactly the same PC's (built at the same time) the only differences are the keyboard, mouse and monitor.

is there something he can do to just reduce the effect of the differences? i know HDR cant be disabled as ive just trawled through a number of pages online.

something in the Nvidia control panal that might help?
Quote from R3DMAN :2 questions.

1. how do i get VoIP working in game? - i know Ctrl is the PTT button.

2. HDR - my bro is having probs with major differences between dark and light where im having none at all, HDR is still there as i can see it but the effect is much less.

we have exactly the same PC's (built at the same time) the only differences are the keyboard, mouse and monitor.

is there something he can do to just reduce the effect of the differences? i know HDR cant be disabled as ive just trawled through a number of pages online.

something in the Nvidia control panal that might help?

I thought capslock toggled VOIP, could be wrong though.

THe dark/light thing could be due to loss of blood, I'm not sure if you realised or not, but you see in shades of grey when you are wounded, and everything is almost white when you only have 200 blood or so.
Have you fiddled with the options already? Have a look at the advanced video options also... And when you're in the options, take the opportunity to have a look at the controls and remap or at least learn them...

DayZ - Arma 2 Zombie Mod
(487 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG