The online racing simulator
DayZ - Arma 2 Zombie Mod
(487 posts, started )
#51 - troy
I just wrote what you need up there, either the free version of arma plus operation arrowhead or combined operations.

Combined ops is basically the full arma2 game plus operation arrowhead, while the free version is cut down slightly so you don't get single player and hd textures.

So, yes essentially you only need operation arrowhead if you can live with the shortcomings of the free arma2 version.
I just went with CO, only 10 bucks more plus graphics are better and I get the original single player
Can't find a server at all.....last 12 servers I tried to get onto, got kicked before I could do anything, even walk forward.
#54 - troy
#56 - troy
It's quite a mess to get running the way it is supposed to for the first time, you also need to check if you start it the correct way. Beta patch needs to be started with a batchfile, otherwise you can install it and it will never pick it up.

After you've installed the beta patch go to: Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

copy _runA2CO_beta.cmd name the copy dayz.cmd (or whatever you find easiest)

then replace the following line:

:run
call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -window -nosplash -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=7 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

with this:

:run
call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -exThreads=7 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

and you should be good to go if you start it with that batchfile. I'm sure there are easier ways to get it going by now but thats how I did it and it works.

edit: And just to make it look nice you can also make a shortcut on the desktop and replace the icon with a community made one: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15044
Dickheads are DDoSing the servers again. That's second day in a row now.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Dickheads are DDoSing the servers again. That's second day in a row now.

yea, why are they doing it anyways... I wanted to try it but can't now
Quote from Mustangman759 :yea, why are they doing it anyways... I wanted to try it but can't now

Okay apparently its a maintenance
know when it will be back up?
p.s. anyone looking to play together, we have a TS3 server up and feel free to join and party up.84.45.52.142:10002
4pm gmt
Yea , thanks they said theg stabiliZed the central server, ill be hone in ablittle under 3 hours or im gonna gonfir a transtown bike trip with a friend
Iphone kb why so shit ?
anyone wanna help a noob out? just died twice , 2nd time I found some supplies, flares cigarettes etc, but couldnt find a weapon and got mobbed
just evaded 3 fing zombies, but managed to get a water bottle and some ammo and a hunting knife. Nathan found 2 guns so hopefully my shotgun shells/one mag of 30 matches with it so we can shoot off the zombos, just he has to come to me a bit lol
#65 - mr_x
Tip: if being chased by zombies, find a red brick building - most of them have 2 doors linked by a straight corridor. Just run through the building and turn as you get out of it so the zombies don't see you. As they can only walk in buildings you lose all that are chasing you. Worked for me earlier when I had 20 zombies up my arse.

Just spent 6 hours playing this after almost 2 weeks off... Died many times, but was a blast. A guy was camping on a roof in Cherno opposite the hospital and shot me, I had a friend with me so I came back, distracted him by running around his building and my friend picked him off as he was waiting for me to go under the ladder again. Got my stuff back (which he stole!) plus a few extras (AK74 + ammo).
Me and nate got a 911 once we found each other, I had 2 mags for him. And he found me a crowbar and makorov whch i picked up a few mags of. Then we almost got sniped by bandits took cover and logged off since i had to go already lol
I also have a czech backpack now
Anyone wanna play at 19 utc or so?
I can't play, I have everything installed but when I join a server there's something about xx.pbo files that need to be reinstalled or deleted. Already did both things but the problem appears again and again.
did you download sixlauncher?
Do you have a steam copy disk etc?
I think that the problem is that I bought a copy of Arma2 on disk, and on steam I bought Op Arrowhead and PMC.
Try use sixlauncher to launch the game (just find an empty server). It will update everything for you if you are missing anything.
Quote from chanoman315 :I think that the problem is that I bought a copy of Arma2 on disk, and on steam I bought Op Arrowhead and PMC.

Make sure you have te patches (try the ones troy put up)
You could try the arma 2 launcher.

Finding servers is more of a bitch, but it does seem to make it work.

DayZ - Arma 2 Zombie Mod
(487 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG