The online racing simulator
Battlefield Play4Free
(458 posts, started )
When flying the Heli lately I seem to be an AA magnet. I'll be flying at A (on the side with the sea not the land) on Oman and suddendly I'll get a missile lock, and I'll have probably already used my flares so will get shot, killcam shows it being from D!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like WHAT THE HECK.
^open beta noobs are getting smarter and smarter...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :When flying the Heli lately I seem to be an AA magnet. I'll be flying at A (on the side with the sea not the land) on Oman and suddendly I'll get a missile lock, and I'll have probably already used my flares so will get shot, killcam shows it being from D!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like WHAT THE HECK.

Oman is all about air superiority. If your team commands the sky, they dictate the battle and the opposing team can only try to stay out of harms way, taking only what your team neglects.
But since the AA on top of that building at D is a lot higher above ground than the one at A, it gives RU a huge advantage since that's the base that's closest to the RU airfield.

*tinfoil hat*
Yeah I mean if I get a clear round in the heli I will 95% control the airspace but the fricking AA pisses me off, like there's no way that I could target their planes or helis in a similar manner yet they manage to shoot me all the fricking time!!

The most annoying AA though I think is B. When playing on US, I fly low between B and A to get to D (and make sneaky strafing runs of RU home base) and there's always some dick on the train and it's REALLY hard to shoot accurately so I end up emptying half my loadout onto the carridge.

I'm not arguing about AA, I'm just saying I think the locking is a bit BS from time to time as I can't even reach from RU spawn to D so I don't know how A to D would work (it's bigger distance). Perhaps there is some training for certain classes which increase the range, idk.
Learn to shoot a few well aimed shots and it's easier. also get a good gunner in the heli and watch them dart everything in sight. then hit seconadry fire and Zip zip. target down
or the gunner goes for aa and you keep an eye out for the other air/other AA.
I rarely get any gunners because they are too busy fighting over the jets.

I've gotten really good lately shooting enemies/vehicles using more precise shots but with the AA placements I tend to just shoot my load very quickly and with much brutality.

How would you suggest combatting this? Also I do ask my team to tracer dart tanks and apcs and even though I have a 28/1 kill streak in the heli which obviously shows I'm helping out quite a bit they never frigging listen.
just shows that while you might be decent at piloting a heli, it still isn't a one man show killing spree : )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I rarely get any gunners because they are too busy fighting over the jets.

I've gotten really good lately shooting enemies/vehicles using more precise shots but with the AA placements I tend to just shoot my load very quickly and with much brutality.

How would you suggest combatting this? Also I do ask my team to tracer dart tanks and apcs and even though I have a 28/1 kill streak in the heli which obviously shows I'm helping out quite a bit they never frigging listen.

lol I just camp the crane with my dart gun and tag everything in sight hehehe
anybody try the free4play game " war inc."...best free shooter game so far ..in my opinion anyways.
Just had some good battles with S14_Drift, good pilot and good team mate!
I think i am the (noobcamping) god of apc. Always make good points in Oman and also Karkand.
To the choppers pilot, never approach straight Ruben's apc...
okay, I won't anymore
I still have 6+ deaths records almost everytime I decide to go all out on assault. Is that good or not for a bloke with a month's experience on FPS?
Well i think S14_drift can guide you on how to make big chopper scores!
Tomorrow will post a guide on how to use APC and tanks to make big scores!
Quote from Fuse5 :just shows that while you might be decent at piloting a heli, it still isn't a one man show killing spree : )

you have clearly never played the new ARMA mod yokey thing with me then

banned for hacking on 3 severs within a day of installing ftw.
Quote from Rubenz81 :Just had some good battles with S14_Drift, good pilot and good team mate!
I think i am the (noobcamping) god of apc. Always make good points in Oman and also Karkand.
To the choppers pilot, never approach straight Ruben's apc...

This man is like a killing machine with the APC. I emptied a whole missle battery (inc hellfires!) AND kamikazed into him yet he didn't die.

D;

A quick tip for those who want CR for vetern guns without having to buy BF.

If you can get good scores on whatever and consistently get 7k+ scores, every time you level up you get like 475 CR + whatever you'd normally earn (normally about 530CR on a level up game). So create a second character and consisently level him up. I reached Lvl20 on Xjay1337 my assault so have been playing S14_DRIFT my sniper and he was level 4 and now he's level 13 after about 4 hours of play. (1 hour of that was eating dinner so only about 2hr 30 of actual playing hehe). When you reach Lv15 or so on your nooby char you can delete him and create another, thus repeating the cycle.

I went from like 10k CR to about 15k CR in only 2 or 3 hours of play.
Sehinna I'm sure you do just fine.

I too would write a Heli guide but to be honest you just need to think like the real RAF pilots that Rubenz and I are and have a joystick.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
no Rui (senninha) is that bad I revived him 5 times in a minute.
still good for giving you ammo WHAT I DIDNT GO THERE!
Quote from Mustangman759 :no Rui (senninha) is that bad I revived him 5 times in a minute.
still good for giving you ammo WHAT I DIDNT GO THERE!

+10 points per mag of ammo just feels so underrated right now...
The Ruben's guide for APC succesfull trolling:

Apcs are one of the most effective vehicle in BFP4F; good armour, lot of firepower and good speed/mobility.

OMAN:
-Russian side:
Here is all about trollcamping. Nice camping spots are near C where you can conceal most of the apc behind walls while still being able to fire the turret gun. Facing the carrier you can find low walls on the left of C. From there you can pound everything moves from A, or D.
Beware if enemy USA conquers C as some engineer could sneak behind you, as soon as you see that C is lost you can quickly go there and pound the attackers that wont espect it.
From there you can also down helicopters and with some luck even airplanes.
-USA side:
At the beginning dont rush to A, friendly helis will be faster than you and you will not be exposed to bombing and mi 28 fire.
Stay in the water just 50 meters from the shore, you will down easily the unsuspecting mi28 that rush to A and with luck also the mig29 that bombs A.
When Usa conquers A it's time to move. Trollcamping spots are... all over the beach! There are a lot of low walls/barriers that let you conceal the apc chassis while still firing the gun. I personally like the small street just outside A. Placing apc there and going up and down the street i can pound easily B and D and can take shots to the AA gun of C. And in this way i prevent A to be overrun by attackers, so team can focus on conquering.

KARKRRAKAHAND
Russian and USA sides:
Here every corner is good. Try to place yourself on the "flank" of the flow of the game: people will tend to attack in a "vertical" pattern. From USA or Russia base they will attack going "vertical", they will not expect attack from the flank.

GENERAL guide:
APC, and tank also, are not invincible machines. Enemy engineers, other armor and helicopters are dangerous enemys.
So it's always best to hide behind a corner, a wall or a barrier then come out take the shot and go back behind safe cover.
Always keep an escape route and practice reverse driving when you have to rush to a safe place to repair your vehicle (you are not an engineer? Sorry you will die soon.) Smoke is your friend (default "x" key). when you take hit from unknow source or someone traced you pop smoke and escape as fast as you can!
Apc's are formidable against helicopters, shots have a high speed so with a litle practice is easy to hit even long distance tergets, and if heli comes straight toward you you can use also your powerful tow missile.
Same apply for enemy airplanes, more difficult to hit but more vulnerable also.
Remember that trollcamping is not for your own personal kill ratio. It's a way to use effectively the apc. Your goal (Oman) is to destroy as many vehicles you can while on karkand preventing the advancing of the enemy and provide cover for your team attack. And always always use the "q" key to spot enemies. ALWAYS and CONTINUOUSLY it's very helpful for teammates.
So here is the guide, i think i have forget something for sure in case i will wrote down other tips.
Sorry for the long read nad my bad english and happy apc hunting!
Quote from theirishnoob :you have clearly never played the new ARMA mod yokey thing with me then

banned for hacking on 3 severs within a day of installing ftw.

that was a reply to S14, should've clarified
as i have no idea what you're on about or how it is relevant in said context
I'm improving! I could die less though, but I can't help being sneaked at.
Attached images
awesomescore.png
Well done Senninha! To quote the great Eli Elezra: "You a big player now".

Quote from S14 DRIFT :A quick tip for those who want CR for vetern guns without having to buy BF. [...]

I agree and maybe I should create a new soldier. I'm at lvl 20 now and can't get enough credits for a decent weapon to be competitive. It's just that I really don't want to lose all those training points...
Quote from senninha25 :i'm improving! i could die less though, but i can't help being sneaked at.

It is a Miracle!!11!!!!1!
Very fun evening tonight with the lads...
Yeah was some fun games last night, I did miss my vet M24 though :'( kept forgetting to reload after i took 4 shots

Battlefield Play4Free
(458 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG