The online racing simulator
Le Mans 2010
(376 posts, started )
Le Mans 2010
Practice session has started a while ago, The pugs are on top as per usual, but they are already way ahead on pace than last year even though the ACO has tryed to slow them down a bit.

In other news Grosjean has crashed his Ford GT..
Romain Romain...
Peugeot FTW 2009 pole is already beated...think we gonna see some 3.19 and maybe some 3.18 like in 2008
Enjoy the fast cars when its still possible. 3.40 is going to be a wicked lap time next year.
3.20.034 :o
Whaaat. Pugs gonna broke down for sure, it's hard to belive they can win two years in row...
Go Audi and Tom
Was fun to watch
Lol at Mansell plugging his sponsorship line
3:19.711
Nice lap from Bourdais.

Looks like without rain, the Audi's have no chance.
Have to agree with DD,Bourdais did an awesome lap!
Franck Lagorce said in french TV that Audi #8 seems to overheat :o Finally Audi have some trouble in setting their car Go Peugeot Another things Oreca Matmut #4 Peugeot 908 run out of gas...well done
Quote from TypeRacing :Whaaat. Pugs gonna broke down for sure, it's hard to belive they can win two years in row...
Go Audi and Tom

Why? It would only logical since once again they seem to have the faster car and it is even more refined now. Experience, tactics and preparation are no longer advantages to Audi, so unless the gap in race pace is much less... I'm actually afraid this is going to settle the race way too soon.
I think it's impossible to tell who's gonna win. Both teams are very strong.(Yeah i'm demo, don't kill me.)
I think that Audi can't win...ofc 4s gap isn't such a big gap like we have seen in 2008 and in so many times of Le Mans History but this year, Peugeot isn't the same as 2008 and Audi have changed too.

Indeed Peugeot learn a lot about 2008 and feel more like an endurance team whereas in 2008 it was something like an F1-prototyp team which wanted to make a sprint. In other side, Audi was the great endurance team, with an endurant prototyp which couldn't fail without a human error (check 2007) so they were sure to finish the race. What happened? Peugeot failed because of that !

This year, this is the 908 which can't break (Peugeot engine can do 35 000kms without any problem as pescarolo said (this is what Peugeot engineer told him when he was worrying about the engine after last year quali) !). So the car is secure whereas Audi have a car which is slower atm and I think which is going to stay at least 2s slower than the Peugeot and a car which have shown some technical failure today like an overheat problem for #8. So in fact I don't see how Peugeot can fail this race...but Le Mans is Le Mans so everything can happen

EDIT : 245.678 km/h average for Bourdais's pole ! So the record can be beaten again this year (222.304km/h for '71 #22 Martini Porsche 917 K)...(I hope tomorrow not to rain and see some 3.18 )
Quote from MoMo92i :35 000kms

Not sure if I really believe that figure. I wonder at what kind of performance level? One Le Mans race is about 5000 km.
Quote from MoMo92i :I think that Audi can't win...ofc 4s gap isn't such a big gap like we have seen in 2008 and in so many times of Le Mans History but this year, Peugeot isn't the same as 2008 and Audi have changed too.

Indeed Peugeot learn a lot about 2008 and feel more like an endurance team whereas in 2008 it was something like an F1-prototyp team which wanted to make a sprint. In other side, Audi was the great endurance team, with an endurant prototyp which couldn't fail without a human error (check 2007) so they were sure to finish the race. What happened? Peugeot failed because of that !

I have to agree with you, but still, you never know what can happen.
-
(MoMo92i) DELETED by MoMo92i
Quote from deggis : Not sure if I really believe that figure. I wonder at what kind of performance level? One Le Mans race is about 5000 km.

That's what Henri Pescarolo said Anyway Peugeot have never had some engine problems gearbox yes, suspension yes, transmission ofc but never any engine !

You know Diesel power engine max rpm are about 5000 whereas fuel's are about 7500-8000. faster it runs, faster it breaks and ofc diesel engine are stronger than fuel's because of the composition (really much powerful causing a big temperature)...so this is quite logical but the problem is that it needs stonger suspension, transmission and it is weighter so...in general you don't have any problems with engine but you have lot of problems because of transmission, suspension...like Pugs have known
Quote from deggis :Why? It would only logical since once again they seem to have the faster car and it is even more refined now. Experience, tactics and preparation are no longer advantages to Audi, so unless the gap in race pace is much less... I'm actually afraid this is going to settle the race way too soon.

Same there...
I'm for the Peugeot but I'd like to see them fighting with Audi :/
Remember it is a 24 hour race, it only takes one lapse in concentration. One GT car or LMP2 car to ruin the entire teams hopes. Even with 3 cars unlikely or not it can all come crashing down when that green flag drops.

Personally i dont really mind as long as its interesting to watch thats all i care about
I will hope Audi can win, but who knows, I don't like seeing the French win at anything. :P

Le Mans 2010
(376 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG