The online racing simulator
Le Mans 2010
(376 posts, started )
Race recap:

Quote from ACCAkut :Is there any info yet for what the teams will bring next year? Its the last outing of the R15 they said, will Audi return? I guess 10 wins would be a better number than 9.
And I heard rumors about a return of Nissan to Lemans, most likely in GT1.

Peugeot continues, Audi continues, Aston maybe continues, HPD (Acura?) hopefully tries again in P1.

Coupes only idea has been dead for couple of years.

And GT1 is dead too, so no Nissan unless it comes up with GT2 car.
Audi are also bringing "new fuel" with its new challenger.
Quote from deggis :Race recap:

Loool
Now I can tell to my Audi fan friend that I have proof they were cheating :P

Oh and about 2011 I really really really hope Hybrid is not going to mess up the balance like diesel is
And I'm sad the new Peugeot is going to be an open car... LMPs look so much cooler with roofs ^^ And yea that's my opinion and anyone not agreeing with me is wrong
Audi is coming with an R18, hybrid, not diesel. I heard...
Quote from deggis :Race recap:

Its actually a great recap, if I didn't watch the race and saw that I'd understand it all.
Quote from BenjiMC :Audi is coming with an R18, hybrid, not diesel. I heard...

Well yeah. Thats what I meant.

Hehe. Great recap. Avatar material.
Just back from Le Mans. Oh my god what a race ! Only 28 cars finished it ! lot of crash and mechanical issues and an amazing fight for the win in all the categories :

GT2 : Corvette was really the fastest but C6 ZR1 GT2 are still young and both have retired at about 6-7 hours to go. Finally Porche win thanks to Felbermayr because of Ferrari big fail...only two italian's car watching checkered flag ^^ Lot of mechanical issue which is quite strange for a car which have already win Le Mans...remind me another car ^^

GT1 : no interest, Fort Matech was the fastest but the engine broke up before the mid of the race...I think it show how GT1 are now some sprint car because the winner of the class was the one which have the less problems...

LMP2 : Honda was too fast but I'm happy to see a Pescarolo 2nd gratz to Oak racing with their 3rd podium in a row with it The rest of the category was involved in some problems and lot of cars were crashed (Norma-Judd #38, Lola KSM #39 something like once an hour ^^). Anyway the other cars to finish were quite slow but at least they finished

LMP1 : OMG, OMG OMG ! Few days ago I said that Peugeot can't lose but Le Mans is Le Mans...and finally le Mans beat Peugeot (not Audi in fact, they have just race normally). During the warm up lap #3 was already smoking from right rear ! I think that Peugeot have had some bad things regarding oil circuits because it wasn't the engine ! I personally think they have chosen something wrong when they didn't change engine between quali and race...first Peugeot to retire was after 15th hour...if you had 10 hours without problems it would have been a nice win for Peugeot with at least 400 laps ! Anyway Audi show again what an endurance race is, and Le Mans show how difficult he is so congratz to Audi for that triple, congratz to all finisher and ofc congratz to Peugeot and thanks Peugeot & Audi for that crazy battle during 22h !
Quote from BenjiMC :Audi is coming with an R18, hybrid, not diesel. I heard...

Diesel engine and KERS is a hybrid too
They are dropping diesel. Thats all we know for now (Almost for definate). So its either petrol or some hydro-powered out of this world stuff.
Quote from DevilDare :They are dropping diesel. Thats all we know for now (Almost for definate). So its either petrol or some hydro-powered out of this world stuff.

When has this been rumoured, indicated, not to mention announced?
Been mentioned several times on RLM and Eurosport.
Quote from AstroBoy :It appears the French can at least do something right

It appears that most of the french cars have seen checkered flag are french : #6 Oreca AIM (1st fuel), #50 Saleen (1st GT1), #72 Corvette (2nd GT1), #76 IMSA Porsche, #35 Pescarolo-Judd (2nd LMP2), #24 Pescarolo-Judd (4th LMP2), #37 WR-Zyteck. So in fact only #1,#2,#3,#4 (Peugeot in fact ^^), #38 Norma-Judd (crash), #73 Corvette, #008 Signature (crash) have give up...So french are not so bad...By the way French are going to dominate the world...but not tomorrow, tomorrow we are on strike
Its new to me as well. I was really surprised to hear it, since Audi were the ones who really brought diesel into Le Mans.

Maybe its just some deep rumors.
hydrogen which maybe will last longer than a tank of diesel? xD
Thanks for the avatar.
Aston Martin will be at Le Mans next year, but they are yet to decide which class they will compete in, either LMP1 if petrol is not disadvantaged, or if it is they'll go back to winning GT in the new reformed GT2 category.
Lola Aston Martin wasn't so disavantaged when you check best lap time :
Best Audi : 3.21.5
Best peugeot : 3.19.0 (best lap of ever during the race !)
Best Aston : 3.23 !
Tbh, Aston Martin deserved podium place...
every teams who finish Le Mans deserve it In one side, Audi deserve the win because of their perfect race but in other side peugeot #1 deserved it too because of this fantastic end of (it) race it would have been something so awesome to see it winning Le Mans !
Quote from MoMo92i :Lola Aston Martin wasn't so disavantaged when you check best lap time :
Best Audi : 3.21.5
Best peugeot : 3.19.0 (best lap of ever during the race !)
Best Aston : 3.23 !

Average lap time would tell quite a different story.

And its just not the lap time or horsepower. The huge torque is handy in traffic. Actually I hate talking about "torque"... I mean, petrol 5.5 litre twin-turbo V12 would make some nice torque too.

Not sure if the AMR with this car and this year is a good comparison to diesels anyway - it's good that they have kept the subject on the table but they even admitted they hadn't done any development to the car.
That German article says that next year smaller and more efficient engines are mandatory. Sounds a lot like a bump for forced induction to me, and not that good for the big-but-production derived Aston V12

Audi employing TSi twin-charged engines in their roadcars could lead to somethin similar in the R18. Weld two 1.2 TSi blocks together to form a 2.4 V8, twin turbos and superchargers, slap on a KERS system, ready to rock
225.44 km/h average...WOW ! Gonna be fun to compare with next year average speed It would be strange to see the fastest lap in 3.31 finally it would be like it was in 2006 but with some new energy, it gonna be interesting to check several new aspect and not only regarding average lap time. I think that some constructor gonna take some different way with that rules I can't wait for 2011 ! I'm not worrying about equity because as Pescarolo says, regulation are due to lobby from constructor so if they choose different solutions, ACO gonna have to equilibrate it as bast as possible !

I'm happy that 2010 prototyp gonna be accepted. Would be a good chance to see for the last time the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP which is certainly the fastest car we never see in Le Mans ! 4 editions, 4 pole position and 4 fastest lap in race, 3 time on a podium, 3 times 2nd, but only on time on the top.

Le Mans 2010
(376 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG