The online racing simulator
leagues and subsections
(700 posts, closed, started )
Hello, Could you add season 1/2 subsections to the IGTC sub-forums please with the current threads being in the season 1 sub-forums.

Thanks and merry Christmas!
the sub forums have been added. You can move the threads yourself
#153 - Dru
Hi Victor,

Please when you have the time available, could you please rename the UFOC Forum to the UFRC Forum.

Basically the name is changing from UF Owners Club to UF Racers Club.

We will soon be launching a second season of the UF Baby-R and will require a seperate sub forum in the future (i will ask for that when we have season 2 plans finalised)

Also for know you can drop the UF Baby-R Fallout Banner on the main LFS forums as it is hyperlinked to a defunct link.

Cheers and Thanks,

Dru.
Hi Victor

Please may I have a New Forum in the Leagues and Events Section called 'New Dimension Racing Events', with two sub-forums of 'LFS Beginner's Cup' and 'The Multi-Make Challenge'.

The LFS Beginner's Cup is in it's planning stages here but we've got a server from Dynamic Racing and already lots of interest. The Cup is for anyone who considers themsleves a Beginner, whether that be in LFS or to League Racing, and want to take part. Theis'll be one series where the motto 'It's not the winning, It's the taking part' will be paramount.

The Multi-Make Challenge is a series that will hopefully be happening in Summer 2008, and I don't want to release too many details yet. If I can add this sub-forum at a later date the I'll do it then.

We have a website (sort of!) at http://new-dimension-racing.bravehost.com/ which, in conjuction with this forum, will be used to run the series. I'm sending a piece off to Sim Racing Tonight to advertise the series and Dekojester has agreed to do some videos/broadcasting (pending his purchase of S2!). I hope to send the results to SRT for their 'This week in Sim Racing' programme.

Thanks

J@tko
Quote from Dru :Hi Victor,

Please when you have the time available, could you please rename the UFOC Forum to the UFRC Forum.

Basically the name is changing from UF Owners Club to UF Racers Club.

We will soon be launching a second season of the UF Baby-R and will require a seperate sub forum in the future (i will ask for that when we have season 2 plans finalised)

Also for know you can drop the UF Baby-R Fallout Banner on the main LFS forums as it is hyperlinked to a defunct link.

Cheers and Thanks,

Dru.

Not sure if you want me to replace the name of your section with the abbreviation you used or just "UF Racers Club"? (which it's renamed to now)

I removed the baby banner.
Quote from J@tko :Hi Victor

Please may I have a New Forum in the Leagues and Events Section called 'New Dimension Racing Events', with two sub-forums of 'LFS Beginner's Cup' and 'The Multi-Make Challenge'.

The LFS Beginner's Cup is in it's planning stages here but we've got a server from Dynamic Racing and already lots of interest. The Cup is for anyone who considers themsleves a Beginner, whether that be in LFS or to League Racing, and want to take part. Theis'll be one series where the motto 'It's not the winning, It's the taking part' will be paramount.

The Multi-Make Challenge is a series that will hopefully be happening in Summer 2008, and I don't want to release too many details yet. If I can add this sub-forum at a later date the I'll do it then.

We have a website (sort of!) at http://new-dimension-racing.bravehost.com/ which, in conjuction with this forum, will be used to run the series. I'm sending a piece off to Sim Racing Tonight to advertise the series and Dekojester has agreed to do some videos/broadcasting (pending his purchase of S2!). I hope to send the results to SRT for their 'This week in Sim Racing' programme.

Thanks

J@tko

Ok I've added the section and first subforum. It's too early to add the Multi-Make Challenge one I think, if it'll start in the summer.

good luck
Quote from Victor :Ok I've added the section and first subforum. It's too early to add the Multi-Make Challenge one I think, if it'll start in the summer.

good luck

Thanks Victor!
Quote from Victor :

good luck

Hi Victor, Happy new year

4 Points

1) The Section called LFS: GTR League has recently been activated as live again but our new Skill League System allows us to run multiple leagues at one time

We have 3 running at the moment so the LFS GTR League title is no longer correct

Can you either change the title of the section to

ConeDodgers Leagues

So i can add all our leagues

or open a new league section for us and transfer the old posts into it

2) can you please change the website address from conedodgers.co.uk to conedodgers.com

3) I would like to add some banners to the top of the forum, what format, size and details do you need

4) Can we have more than one moderator in our section and in the LFSWorld Teams section

Many thanks
1 & 2) - done
3) no bigger than 400 * 80 pixels, no epileptic / very large animations, must be jpg or gif
4) sure, just pass on the LFS usernames of the additional moderators
hi
dont know if this is the right section but read what im about to say
we wanna start an official drift league that keeps on through the entire year.there isnt many official drift servers and fewer leagues,but alot of drifters, including me
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=36470
there is some info about what we wanna start.i got some people with me,but im searching for more..

looking forward to youre reply
I'd be happy to add a section for you, but only if you've actually started a league. That's the requirement for getting a section here on the forum. A mere show if interest is not enough. You need to have something concrete first and it looks like you are currently still searching for a suitable format and such.
ok..ill do that.posted a reply now about a suitable server and about the league
Hey Victor.

Please can you add Dekojester as a forum admin to the New Dimension Racing Team Events forum. He's our race admin and video producer.

Thanks
J@tko
(p.s - he's getting S2 tonight!)
k done
I am guessing this would be the appropriate place to ask for a league sub-forum so that is what I am asking for.

Head-to-Head League & Events

Thats the title that I want for it and I would like to point out that there will be two or three more test events before the first season starts. We have already had 2 successful events and would like a spot on the forums for people to write their opinions about the upcoming events/leagues - thanks in advance.
forgive my rudeness but .. DOESN'T ANYONE READ HERE?!

So I'll say it again, you need to have an actual league to get a subforum here. No tryouts, not 'maybe' no 'there is interest' .. a running league.
Once you have that and can show it - threads / website / anything, I'll be happy to give you a league section.
Well there were already 2 events and there are 2 more coming soon, I can continue posting down below but I figured it would be just as easy to have the sub-topic for it so many threads can made without pushing other events down. If you want us to wait until we have finished the website we have started then I guess we have no problem waiting. I will come back and post again, although I did read and figured that the two previous events would have showed the interest in this.
Hey, Victor!

I need a sub section. Victor can you call it [720]? and the website is 720.forum5.com

so its like this

sub section name: [720]

Sub folders i wnat are [720-R], [720-RY], [720-D] [720] Join here, and Events and Meetings

If im an admin of the Sub section would I be able to make Subfolders?
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Hey, Victor!

I need a sub section. Victor can you call it [720]? and the website is 720.forum5.com

so its like this

sub section name: [720]

Sub folders i wnat are [720-R], [720-RY], [720-D] [720] Join here, and Events and Meetings

If im an admin of the Sub section would I be able to make Subfolders?

Do people not read - u need evidence of a league and its progress.
Ok
Hi Victor (again )

[ot] Thanks for the LFS Remote - great tool! [/ot]

Can you do a couple of things for me please?
  1. Can you add our website (well, Internet page with a bit of info on!) to the sub-forum? Here is the address: http://new-dimension-racing.bravehost.com/
  2. Can I have seperate admins for each sub-section of the forum, or is it a forum-wide admin?
  3. Could you add a new sub section - 'The 2008 Kyoto 250' to the New Dimension Racing Events Sub-Forum. I'm about to add a page about it to our website. We have discussion about it here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37189. If you want to wait a bit longer for confirmation e.t.c, then that's fine, it's not 100% vital ATM.
Cheers,
J@tko
1) ok done
2) it's possible, but i would recommend having moderators for your whole section only. Unless you don't trust someone, but then that person should prolly not be a moderator at all
3) yeah let me know when it's certain. Just post here and i'll add it.
Quote from Victor :1) ok done.

Cheers!
Quote from Victor :2) it's possible, but i would recommend having moderators for your whole section only. Unless you don't trust someone, but then that person should prolly not be a moderator at all

Dead true!

Quote from Victor :3) yeah let me know when it's certain. Just post here and i'll add it.

OK thanks. It's pretty certain. Could you add it on Saturday so I have some time over the weekend to build it up. Thanks.

[slightly ot]
Do you have any precise measurements for the length of the Kyoto Oval. I'd like to post the results of qualifying as a speed, and to do this (distance/time), I need the distance to be as accurate as possible, as 1.9 could be anywhere between 1.85 and 1.95 miles (thats 160 yards!). (or is it exactly 1.9 miles?)

If not, then I'll work out the length by doing a lap on the pit lane speed limiter, as distance = speed x time. [/ot]
This thread is closed

leagues and subsections
(700 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG