The online racing simulator
leagues and subsections
(700 posts, closed, started )
leagues and subsections
Leagues can get a subsection here if they apply for one with me (post in this thread).
The league does have to be up and running already (ie. not in planning stage) and you need to have a place where people can find information about the league (a website). But don't let these two requirements dictate your maximum effort of course - a league will only work if it's well organised and maintained. Not to mention you need to motivate people! You'll need more than just a league section and a website with rules. Running a league is not easy!

Summary for getting a league section here :
NO WEBSITE = NO LEAGUE SECTION
LEAGUE NOT YET RUNNING = NO LEAGUE SECTION

Keep in mind, having a forum section here does not make a good league. The forum section will not do anything for you - you still have to do all the work
Would be nice if there was a thread that summerises every league (that's on this site), such as car class, time/day of week, availability, entry deadlines etc. Would help people find a league that suits them, as long as it is kept reasonably up-to-date.

?
#3 - ajp71
Also had an idea, what about a RSS feed for open events? Seem to miss a large number of them
Even if you could break the subsections up into zones.
North America, Europe, Asia (for time zone reasons).
#5 - brasi
Quote from Victor :Leagues can get a subsection here if they apply for one with me (just pm)....

Hi Victor, i try to pm you to request a subfoum league but you set not to receive msg
Hi Victor, i also cannot pm you so details of my league are below.

Cheers

Dank u Wel

Hi, if anyone wants to joing a fun league then we are hosting a FOX and BF1 league. It called Sensible Racing League. No stupid rules. Just register on forum and sign up. U don't have to race every time we don't care!

Goto www.sonicrealmsracing.co.uk/forums

Then goto SR Championship

Have fun, be clean & enjoy!
DSR F1 League
(Victor: I cannot PM you either)

Dark Side Racing team would like to announce our..
[DSR] F1 League
First race on Dec 9th 2006, last race on Jan 6th 2007
Details at www.DarkSideRacing.net

Quote from lambchop44 :Even if you could break the subsections up into zones.
North America, Europe, Asia (for time zone reasons).

That is a very nice idea!

One thing I'd like to mention Victor, and you may want to try. But some leagues here are not really using their subforum sections anymore. Is there really any good to keep them? You should maybe ask all subforum owners to check in and see what they want done with it. Because the league section is becoming very cluttered (some with inactive leagues). Either split it up nicely with what lambchop44 suggested above, or think of something else
Quote from Tweaker :That is a very nice idea!

One thing I'd like to mention Victor, and you may want to try. But some leagues here are not really using their subforum sections anymore. Is there really any good to keep them? You should maybe ask all subforum owners to check in and see what they want done with it. Because the league section is becoming very cluttered (some with inactive leagues). Either split it up nicely with what lambchop44 suggested above, or think of something else

One way of doing this would be to have one sub section for inactive leagues. All inactive or ended leagues could be just moved there when it looks that the section won't be active in next months.
I'd be interested in having a subsection for SimRS, but I can't find a way to PM you. Let me know, thanks!
VRL simracing
Hi,

Is it possible to add a subforum for the VRL (Vlaamse Racing League)?

target: dutch speaking simracers (mostly belgians, although we have a few dutch people in our mids)
lfs league: variety of cars/tracks
VRL started with GPL, but since 2 years runs LFS and since this year an rFactor league. The VRL community is very varied: old guys (40-60) with kids, to students barely 20 years old.
Requirement to join: speak dutch (read and write at least ), drive clean. No filtering on slow drivers.
I would like a subsection....maybe just call it Team 4gear league because I would like to put all 3 of my leagues under 1 subsection.
Just a quick suggestion:

Would it be possible to have the leagues in alphabetical order?

Now I use the search in my browser to find the link for my leagues because it is faster than reading through all the league names
Could we move all the inactive/dead leagues in to an inactive leagues section?
can't PM or e-mail

help!
hmm, for some reason i wasn't subscribed to this thread anymore...

but yeah i agree this section can do with some cleaning. I'll try to see if there are some obvious 'dead' sections and move those to a separate 'inactives' one. I'll also do an alphabetical ordering.

XenoWolf, Jos Belgium - your sections have been added and you are each moderator of your own section.
Racer hero - do you have some more info about your league(s)?
Thank you! Much appreciated..
Quote from Victor :hmm, for some reason i wasn't subscribed to this thread anymore...

but yeah i agree this section can do with some cleaning. I'll try to see if there are some obvious 'dead' sections and move those to a separate 'inactives' one. I'll also do an alphabetical ordering.

XenoWolf, Jos Belgium - your sections have been added and you are each moderator of your own section.
Racer hero - do you have some more info about your league(s)?

RTDC is kinda dead, last post was last year.
I would like a subsetion. For Wednesday Oval Fun! I tried PMing you but it did not work. Apparently everyone is saying that you have it so no one can PM you. Maybe this is true. So that is why I posted here instead. Hope to see a subsection for my wednesday oval fun league soon.
Quote from racer hero :I would like a subsection....maybe just call it Team 4gear league because I would like to put all 3 of my leagues under 1 subsection.

Quote from racer hero :I would like a subsetion. For Wednesday Oval Fun! I tried PMing you but it did not work. Apparently everyone is saying that you have it so no one can PM you. Maybe this is true. So that is why I posted here instead. Hope to see a subsection for my wednesday oval fun league soon.

Please can you list exactly what you'd like plus some info of the leagues, or web-urls for them, if you have any?
Wednesday Oval Fun!
This is exactly what my forum for the Wednesday Oval Fun says.

Hello all Oval Junkies,

I thought it would be nice for all of us to get together every Wednesday night and do some oval racing...
I thought we could switch between the GTR cars and formula cars. These events will not have points they are just for fun. They could also be a good fun way to get your lfsW miles or PB up.
Qualifying:20 minutes:starting at 9:00pm UTC
5 minute brake
9:25:race starts.
Server:+4 Gears Oval Continum
Pit stop:Yes every race.

Schedule as follows.
january 27-FOX 60 laps Winner:+4grs+Kenneth09
January 31st - BF1 100 laps
February 7th - Fo8 70 laps
Fenruary 14th - BF1 100 laps
February 21st - FXR 65 laps
February 28th - XRR 65 laps
March 7th - BF1 100 laps
March 14th - FOX 60 laps
March 21st - Fo8 70 laps
March 28th - BF1 100 laps
April 4th - FXR 65 laps
April 11th - XRR 65 laps
April 11th - BF1 100 laps
April 18th -FOX 60 laps
April 25th -Fo8 70 laps
May 2nd -BF1 100 laps
May 9th -FXR 65 laps
May 16th -XRR 65 laps
May 23rd -BF1 200 laps

I do not want the 4gears one anymore. I would like a subsection for this one.
#24 - MR_B
Afternoon Victor,

Couldn't pm you so I'm publicly applying for a section for "Ready 4 Racing"
We're doing a series in the RB4 and XRT called "The Stock Cup" and I'd appreciate a section labelled "Ready 4 Racing Events" as we also do special one night events... ("R4R's Evening of Racing")

That would be super

here's some url links:

Team: http://www.r4r.org.uk
The Stock Cup section of the site: http://www.stockcup.r4r.org.uk/

EDIT: There's also a thread I made about it: Here

The league is taking in applications and is kicking off on the 25th of this month, it ran last year so, yes it is a real league with past racers...

I think that's all.....

Thank You,

Kringle/MR_B/Brad
Stock Cup & R4R Director
I've added "The Stock Cup" as a new section.

Tbh, I wasn't 100% sure you meant you'd like to have as sections, but in case you meant an R4R section with two subsections for the stock cup and events, that won't be possible - teams cannot get sections here, only leagues, hence i've created a section for just The Stock Cup only.
This thread is closed

leagues and subsections
(700 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG