The online racing simulator
'Bouncing' Rev Limiter & 'Anti-Stall'
Current Version: 3.0
Source Version: 3.0
(18/04/10 - 19:40)

I made a program for my friend which adds a 'bouncing' rev limiter and engine anti-stall (keeps the engine from cutting out after 30secs or so of idle)
I thought I'd release it here for anyone who would want to use it

(click for full-size)

Anti-Stall: As you know LFS stop the engine after a certain time of idling, my friend wanted a program to stop that happening.. This program will stop/start the engine every 10 seconds when idle (hardly noticable:nod

'Bouncing' Rev Limiter: He also wanted a rev limiter that bounces off the redline, Which I have added to this program aswell

This Application Does NOT Use InSim nor OutGauge to read values, Rather it reads all values from RAM (Memory Addresses)
(OutGauge Version Can Be Made If Wanted)

Release Change Log:
Added:
V2.0:
Customisable Timers - Idle, Redline Bounce
Customisable Ignition Key
Individual Low, High Redline Values on each car

V2.1:
Activation Key Changed From SCROLLto HOME

V2.2
:
Customisable Activation Key!
Smaller Increment Adjust on Bounce Timer
Now you can go in steps of 1 instead of 10, More precise intervals

V3.0:
Sorted the Stalling Bug!!??
(reply here if it worked )
(Please Report Any Problems You Counter)

Source Code Available To Download!!
Licence To Use/Edit/Redistribute My Code
Thank You for taking interest in my Revlimiter Source Code
Please feel free to edit/update the source code...
All Versions of revlimiter have to be released into this thread

DO NOT TRY TO RELEASE THIS PROGRAM AS YOUR OWN!

ALL PART OF THIS SOURCE WAS WRITTEN BY DavidTiger

If you agree as above you may download the source

Direct Download
You my friend, deserve a license voucher! You contribute to our community so much, yet we haven't given anything back! If I could, I would.
I did the [post=825332]redline values[/post] some time ago, don't know if they're still correct.
Thanks, I'll make up another beta so someone can test them out
making the redline thingy adjustable could be cool too... but it would need two settings, the bottom rpm (when to resume engine) and the top rpm (when to cut engine)...

edit: oh, and maybe a way to prevent the engine from starting again if the engine sits on the rev limiter for too long.
wow.. get this to work on the xrt and I'll grab a copy for sure :P

plejmo
#7 - hp999
Holy cow mate,this is just sweet! I'm so waiting for the version for all the LFS cars. Nice mod,keep codin'!
Quote from bunder9999 :making the redline thingy adjustable could be cool too... but it would need two settings, the bottom rpm (when to resume engine) and the top rpm (when to cut engine)...

edit: oh, and maybe a way to prevent the engine from starting again if the engine sits on the rev limiter for too long.

Yea, After the test app I'll post tomorrow with all the cars in it.
I'll make the top/bottom redline adjustable

Yea would be pretty cool addon for those who like to redline their cars with no consequencies Maybe their will if I manage to add that...

Quote from hp999 :Holy cow mate,this is just sweet! I'm so waiting for the version for all the LFS cars. Nice mod,keep codin'!

Quote from plejmo :wow.. get this to work on the xrt and I'll grab a copy for sure :P

WOW! Never knew I'd have such a responce on this app
Tomorrow I'll finish off the test version and post here will all the cars (apart from BF1 since it dont have a starter motor)

Best thing is it dont use Insim or Outgauge so ur ports are free for other mods
Thanks!
-David
Quote from DavidTiger :
Best thing is it dont use Insim or Outgauge so ur ports are free for other mods

I would actually prefer use of InSim and OutGauge, because I'm not a huge fan of brute forcing things that aren't meant to be forced with. You can have many InSim ports, and with a simple forwarding application even OutGauge packets can be sent to multiple OutGauge apps, so I don't think ports remaining open for other mods is very useful.
The engine shutoff is a feature designed to reduce lag and CPU load on other players. If you're sitting still for more than 30 seconds, why do you need the engine running?
Well the app was originally made for a friend and he wanted that feature. I added settings so that features can be disabled, rather than remove them completely.
Personally I don't see the point in that feature but maybe others would
either im really blind/stupid, but where is the link to download this feature?
Quote from plejmo :wow.. get this to work on the xrt and I'll grab a copy for sure :P

plejmo

+1
Quote from DavidTiger :Tomorrow I'll finish off the test version and post here will all the cars (apart from BF1 since it dont have a starter motor

Should. have made more clear in the 1st post
i want to try it out but i don't see a download link.
Quote from jus_kool1345 :i want to try it out but i don't see a download link.

:doh:

there isn't one because it hasn't been finished and released (pending mod approval) yet.
woops. blondie moment.
Quote from DavidTiger :This program will stop/start the engine every 10 seconds when idle (hardly noticable:nod

I'll just note that when you get to the BF1, don't have this option. The BF1 never "stalls", and doesn't have a starter motor.

Also memory editing seems very... iffy. Obviously you're not doing anything wrong with it but I'm not really sure how good of an idea this is.
Quote from pik_d :I'll just note that when you get to the BF1, don't have this option. The BF1 never "stalls", and doesn't have a starter motor.

Yea, I was told about that and removed the option for that

Quote from pik_d :
Also memory editing seems very... iffy. Obviously you're not doing anything wrong with it but I'm not really sure how good of an idea this is.

I did memeory editing, Well really its only reading memory nothings being changed, because it was faster for me to make, and less hasstle over port settings in lfs, It would automtically 'connect' to LFS when opened..

What would the majority of you guys prefer, and Outgauge version or the Memory Reading Version??
I dont really wanting to be updating 2 separate programs, so one would be easier
If it comes to it that 50/50 you want each then I may be able to add a setting to use either OutGauge or Memory Reading in one

*I'll update the 1st post with a link to the app in around 10 minutes, from posted time*
Memory Reading would be better for me personally.
Beta App Attached In 1st Post
All Cars (not BF1) Supported

ToDo:
Customisable Redline (Top/Bottom 'cutoff')
Customisable 'Bounce' Rate

Fix any bugs (if any)

Thanks!
-David
eyy
Can't get it to work, where do i Save it?
I put it at the LFS.exe is, opened it, then LFS. And press scroll lock.

The bouncing goes to slow IMO, and sometimes the engine cuts of after like 2 seconds.
Yea, Im adding customisable bounce timers, so u can make it faster or slower
Its made based on my pc's specs 3.7GHz, where I can keep it on the limiter for over 5 mins and it wont cut out..

I need to try o get a way to check if the engine shut off and turn it back on, because it can sometimes miss turning it back on and you have to start the engine yourself
Quote from DavidTiger :Yea, Im adding customisable bounce timers, so u can make it faster or slower
Its made based on my pc's specs 3.7GHz, where I can keep it on the limiter for over 5 mins and it wont cut out..

I need to try o get a way to check if the engine shut off and turn it back on, because it can sometimes miss turning it back on and you have to start the engine yourself

How is it relevant to the CPU speed? But you reckon it's because mine runs faster?

'Bouncing' Rev Limiter & 'Anti-Stall'
(226 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG