The online racing simulator
In-Game error
I use LFS Z28, and the 3.0 OG version of RevLimiter. Only problem, it doesn't work. I first start RevLimiter, then LFS. I start a Race in the XRG, but an error appears at the top of my screen
"Outgauge::UDPConnect : Connect failed"
I did edited the cfg.txt file, like it was said to. My CPU Specs are (If it can help)
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ O/C to 2,06Ghz (single core)
HIS Radeon X300 SE (PCI-E)
2Gb of RAM (DDR)
Not the best machine, but that's the best I've got.
Any solutions ?
Anyone happen to still have the source for this? Would be good to update to the latest patches
I should be able to get a form of the source from recent backups disks I have but if someone could re-upload the source from the 1st post links that would help a lot!

Cheers, David
Anyone? If I manage to get the source back for this I can update it quicker because it takes time to re-code the whole program and time I cant spare much of

I cant find any source of this in my backups
Anyone save me from totally writing this again? Please
I need anyone that has the source for this to re-upload it
I had it while back, but dont anymore. I don't think many people would've downloaded the source anyway; keep bumping this thread every couple of days hoping someone who did download (and still have it) will notice the request...
Yeah probably not, Just trying to save myself from having to code all this again...
David, Why is Avria Anti virus coming up with "Dropper.gen" When i download this, Just wondering if this is safe or not. Love to give it a try (Most likely a false detection, Just wanted to make sure)
i can assure you it is safe.

since it is a program made by just 'some guy' in the eyes of antivirus, they figure better safe then sorry, and alert you with ANYTHING suspicious.
I reads directly from memory addresses (RAM) and that can be detected by some anti-virus..

I assure you -ALL- programs I make at anytime not just for LFS related things are virus/trojan free... I know what its like to have ALL my files infected within minutes and had to lose over 1000GB of files/movies and music all because of one file that had a virus

You can be cautious about downloaded programs but you're safe from me
(even though I am well more than capable of writing a virus, I will never do it, although I did once for fun, but it never left my PC )
Quote from DavidTiger :
(even though I am well more than capable of writing a virus, I will never do it, although I did once for fun, but it never left my PC )

Why on earth would you write a virus to yourself? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

Firewall/anti virus test? o.o
Is there a readme for this? Can't get it to work lol. I used to have this on LFS, but its been a while since I played so I don't remember how to use it. lmfao i'm dumb
Well, 'cause DavidTiger's revlimiter doesn't work with new versions of LFS and Rhama's might have problems if the memory offset of certain values in RAM is different for some reason, I thought I'd help those who can't use any of these two...

Here is a completely unconfigurable and mindlessly simple tool that presses the "I" key to switch the ignition off and on when engine hits the redline. You'll need to enable OutGauge in cfg.txt file in your LFS directory and set the OutGauge delay to reasonably low values, anything lower than 10 should do. OutGauge port has to be set to 30000.
To launch it, don't run the EXE itself but use the .BAT file instead (keep both file in the same dir). If you experience problems like engine not getting started up again when the ignition is cut, you can try increasing the DELAY variable in the .BAT file (open it in notepad), 100 should be enough even for a pretty antiquated box with spiderwebs and multiple layers of dust all over it.

I claim no authorship over the source, so if you want to rip it apart and metamorph it into something actually useful, please do...
Attached files
HackBouncer.zip - 6 KB - 866 views
HackBouncer_src.zip - 27.5 KB - 584 views
Quote from TehPaws3D :Why on earth would you write a virus to yourself? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

Firewall/anti virus test? o.o

Just seeing how easy it was to make one
I ran it on an old laptop that was due for re-install of windows so it did no harm to try it
I have no anti-virus or software firewall only a hardware firewall from the main router and the 2nd router I use as switch..
To be honest I never visit any other site other than the daily ones like Facebook, Hotmail etc..
Plus everything I download and have a feeling that there may be something in it, I'll run it through Sandboxie... So anti-virus I don't need :/

RevLimv3OG will work with any patch..
Download Here

But the other version will not as the memory addresses change every time a new build/patch comes out... Simple solution to change the address or make it changeable through the config files but the source is gone and I can't update anything without it

Plus I don't really have the notion or motivation to write another one that works..
I have my Alarm program sitting waiting to be polished off for release, one which uses the collision packets instead of speed but like above I don't have the motivation to open the source and finish the last bits&pieces off

My wheel broke and I've no money to replace it, so playing LFS or any driving games is put off for now, most likely for a good few months as I have my real car to see to, BUT I will eventually finish and release it when I'm bored or somehow get in the mood to do some programming, but for now it'll have to wait...
when i press home it turns on but i can't turn it back off

also how do i use the outgauge version of it
cant download it...??
Not Found

Sorry, but this page can not be found.

Click here to return to our main page.
-
(Sobis) DELETED by Sobis : No reason to exist any more.
Quote from Rhama :you show no respect by posting this mod here as it is not David's work and u dont remind it
and strictly speaking u don't have any right to post this here, it's no freeware, the right to distribute it, is mine, not yours, so the least would be remind the author
is it so hard to act with some consciousness ?

At what point did you ever state in your own, original thread that "you may distribute this X program, as long as you mention the creator" or that nobody, except yourself may not re-post it? More to the point, you edited your original post and right now, it's saying to find the revbouncer for 0.6B yourself and not a word about whatever was written there in the very beginning.

I do understand that David's work went into his little program and your work went into yours, but quite honestly, you can't expect people to be like that if you haven't informed them properly.

BTW, since you didn't ask any money for your work(not as in donations, but "you have to buy it to get it") and the creator could make his own rights, such as say "available for private, but non-commercial use", it can be considered freeware.
@Rhama
I don't get why you get so enraged about this, it's not like anyone stole your code or anything, is it? You've done quite impressive job with analyzing the structures LFS stores data in memory, but you've got to understand that direct memory hacking can be easily abused to create all kinds of cheats - that's why your drift tyre dynamics mode was removed by the way.
If you so insist on your mod not being available on the lfsforum, just say, I'm sure everybody will understand.

As for the licensing, I'm not sure there is an "universal" license that applies if no other is specified, different countries have different policies about copyright, besides, all Sobis did was reuploading your mod, that's hardly a violation of anything...
This program is obsolete anyway, the filehost that it was on just disappeared and I no longer have the source..
I have a modified version of Rhama's limiter which includes a launch control feature.
(allows you to hold the RPM below a certain value while maintaining 100% throttle, and then releasing the clutch and giving you max power and limited slip... *Similar*to a real launch control system)..

I will create a short video showing the launch system working, as it is pretty flawless and can hold the RPM at any given number +/- 500rpm

I may or may not release it, and since it works online + the launch feature could be used as an advantage over other players who don't have it. Then I believe it would not be allowed to be release on this forum

**Rhama, All original copyrights go to you for the source and launch control to me.. Since you gave permission in your original thread for programmers to 'fix flaws and add features' I do not see any problem with this
Quote from Rhama :I also got banned from ....... and B2R servers for using the rev bouncer i once released here : because it is regarded as a cheat, no matter what u can explain to admins there, show videos, they dont understand what it does, and are too scared to try it.

Who banned you from the B2R server? You do not appear to be banned now.....I remember having a brief discussion with you about it and I suggested it would be better if you did not use it.
I fully understand what it does because I do read these threads and you showed me it working on the server. As I pointed out to you at the time there is zero interest in these type of things for me but I do understand that we are not all the same.
Hey DavidTiger!

Some guy on the internet told me that he still got the mod, and he would send it to me as soon as he get's home, so maybe I will get it and send it to you!
-
(DavidTiger) DELETED by DavidTiger : Put on hold.. Work stuff :(
Oh.. Okay then
-
(Chag16) DELETED by Chag16 : .
Its january now, no reply since december, please post link
Link to what? There already are binaries and sources of at least two bouncing limiters posted in this thread, one of them is a fork if the original DavidTiger's app.
Quote from MadCatX :Link to what? There already are binaries and sources of at least two bouncing limiters posted in this thread, one of them is a fork if the original DavidTiger's app.

This one
Quote :And maybe..just maybe I will release the one I started working on from Rhama's source as my little gift to the community for Christmas

Quote from logan2611 :This one

Wasn't that particular mod considered a hack and removed from the forums? I still have the source of that mod, but although the memory analysis done by its developer is quite remarkable, the mod itself is written in a rather... peculiar way.
The mod also had some shortcomings, for instance it recognized player's car by the text on the number plate which is not the greatest way to do this, it would most likely trigger an OOS if two players had the same text on the plate.

'Bouncing' Rev Limiter & 'Anti-Stall'
(226 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG