The online racing simulator
Try now, File Updated in 1st post..
still doesnt work
same problem as bunder9999
Ok check first post again, Added a version which uses OutGauge Fully, NO Memory reading
STILL not working for me.

It won't even detect a car now. Is there anything I need to change in my LFS install, like outgauge port?
Just make sure the outgauge port in the settings (my program) are the same as LFS's cfg
Default is 35555

Quote :OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 35555
OutGauge ID 1

Those Settings Work for Me
Still not working.

Whenever I change my outguage port in my CFG to 35555, and then start your program, my outguage port changes back to 0.

E: Thanks! I will try those settings.
Downloaded the OutGauge Version?

revlim-v2OG.rar (42.7 KB, 0 views)
^^ there if you havn't
Yup. I already downloaded that.

Using your settings, I have now managed to make the program detect what car I am using and what RPM it is running at, but I cannot make the rev-limiter work. I have not yet attempted to see if the Anti-Stall works.

Everything is Enabled and "Rev Limiter" and "Anti-Stall" are both ticked and enabled.
Wierd.. Set the Ignition key? I being default.

Had the same bother with VLFSDash all worked for me but no-one else
Yup. I just double checked and yes, I is still my default Ignition key.
i tried the new ones. the outgauge one can read the info but it doesn't seem to be doing anything else (engine won't restart, no rev bounce), and the plain one works okay, except it desyncs easily. maybe it's just my crap computer.
I'll have a look at the OutGauge one, seems to work for me

Try changing the bounce timer, I found that 170 was about right for me/my pc, but ah well
I'll look at it.
Quote from DavidTiger :Try changing the bounce timer, I found that 170 was about right for me/my pc, but ah well
I'll look at it.

i had it cranked to 500, it would bounce once, maybe twice and then desync.
Lower = Faster Bounce

Ok found a fault in the OutGauge Version, Updated 1st Post Attachment
I had commented out the part that does the actual 'bounce' after I had tested it
im going to try it, but if it doesnt work i will not put any more weight on your shoulders and complain

and can somebody please pm me about visual basic , i have a coding question
DavidTiger, you my man are an absolute legend. This has got to be the best lfs mod ever. Thankyou!! I think we all need to chip in and buy this man an S2 License.

After reading all the posts here that many people were having trouble getting it to work, I didn't think I would get it to work either but I tried anyway. I downloaded the normal version, not the outgauge one. Opened LFS, picked XRT, Alt+Tab back to Windows opened up the program and enabled it with scroll lock. Didn't touch any settings. Went back into the game and it worked! But the bouncing was too slow, So after some mucking around I have the Bounce Limiter set to 82 milliseconds and it's the perfect speed. 76ms and 89ms are pretty good too, but I think the 76ms makes the engine die after a while (I think it was 76 it might have been lower) but either way 82ms seems to be perfect. I am running LFS z28 on Windows 7 64-bit, i7 920 cpu if that helps? I really hope everyone gets this thing working, it's amazing

Thanks again mate, I am a very happy chap, always wanted a good rev limiter in LFS!
Quote from logitekg25 :im going to try it, but if it doesnt work i will not put any more weight on your shoulders and complain

and can somebody please pm me about visual basic , i have a coding question

Don't Worry
If theres a problem I'd be more than happy to assist

And uhm check ur PM's

----
To be honest when I made this for my friend I wasn't going to release here because I personally though it was useless But that seems to be totally opposite for some people..
Glad you guys like it Any bugs etc I'll fix without a problem
Any features you want added to it that you think it needs, Just say and I'll see what I can come up with..

Cheers Again!
-David
Can you change the button used to a seperate button other then scroll lock? My keyboard is strange and pause break and scroll lock are one and the same button. Could you change it to a a number key or the space bar or something? Thanks!
i'm on my laptop now and my laptop doenst have a Scroll Lock
can u make something so that we can choose which button we use for turning the app on or off
Sure no problem, I'll make that changeable for the next update

Im going away for the day so, I'll should be able to get it done tonight

-David
it worked absolutely no problems, when i remembered to turn on scroll lock

thank you very much for the PM by the way
No idea how this works..
E: The old one seems to work.. :P
E2: Though, nothing happens
i have a problem XD i don't have a scroll lock button XD

'Bouncing' Rev Limiter & 'Anti-Stall'
(226 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG