The online racing simulator
I think the number of cores and their speed could have a lot to do with it failing...
The program is written/compiled on a 3.7GHz dual core and works perfectly on my pc with minimal stalling.. Computers with faster or more cores would obviously handle the timers as well and better than my pc but having a slower cpu speed and/or less cores maybe means that the timers in the program can't execute fast enough to be able to stop and start the engine before the next occurence of the timers starts....

I don't really know if their is much I can do apart from allowing more adjust on the timers intervals

sorry if the post is long and confusing
-David
your doing it with vb, right?

so how many timers do you have and what is the interval set to in all of them?
This is great. Thank you, using right now.
Quote from logitekg25 :your doing it with vb, right?

so how many timers do you have and what is the interval set to in all of them?

Yea VB2008

There are 3 timers, 2 of which the intervals are changable from the settings..

Bounce Timer - Main timer for doing the actual rev limit bounce, The timer that is the cause for de-sync
I think fine tuning of the intervals of this timer could result in less stalls..
Maybe someone who uses this on a Single Core PC can send the timer interval they use with little de-sync stalling

Engine Idle - Only ever active if your engine is idle and the 'Engine On' setting selected

Third Timer is to find LFS, If found the program can be enabled & If not then it cant be enabled... Simple
And still, it has that bug, the bug, what has even other rev-limiter program. Sometime when you hit redline engine can turn of immediately. Pretty stressful situation when you race with enabled rev-limiter program.
That is the problem/bug we are discussing

OK I have been working on the code and to be honest Im not sure their is that much I can do apart from allowing more precise adjust on the timers interval
Unless someone can suggest other ways to fix this bug I suggest you either dont use it when racing for real, other than fun... Or keep the ignition key close-by for when it stalls

I have made a small update (big for those who really need it)
Version 2.2 Attached to the 1st post

Quote :ChangeLog For V2.2:
Customisable Activation Key!
Smaller Increment Adjust on Bounce Timer
Now you can go in steps of 1 instead of 10, More precise intervals

Download Here or on the 1st Post:
RevLimV2.2.rar
RevLimV2.2OG.rar
Oh, sorry. I did not checked the discussion what is going one here. My bad.
Quite Alright

Could you post your PC Specs (atleast the CPU speed and no of cores)
As we discussed that people with either single cores or slower dual cores are the ones who seems to have more of a problem with de-sync stalling
I think others with fast dual core or quad cores just need to have a little play around with the bounce timers interval...

Now V2.2 allows 1 millisecond adjust instead of 10 it should be easier to get it just right for you
You'll experiance a faster or slower bounce but may stop the stalling as much...
Oh, then it is just right into my case.

I got 2.6Ghz Pentium 4, which is a lil' bit overclocked to 3Ghz. (single core of course)
1280mb Ram.
Work perfect,Thanks
thankyou so much

this works absolutely perfectly

awsome job
Ok guys, no more stalling when hitting red line?
Problem
I suggest resizing the image or removing the [IMG] tags.... wrecks the forum width

OT: Seems to work for me??
[IMG]http://files.uploadffs.com/a/2/d4a92ad4/noidea.PNG[/IMG]

Try this version, no idea if its any different but.. worth a try
Download Me (should work, other version was bugged somehow)

EDIT: Sorry Guys, I downloaded the version in the 1st post and it don't work for me...
The file above has been updated on the 1st post and should now work!!

Thanks
-David
this did not work. need to edit some configuration to work? I recommend you do a tutorial on how to configure and use.

and sorry for my english, I'm using a translator.
I found out what to do to work. I downloaded this version you suggested and replacing it in the file cfg.txt:
OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
Port OutGauge 35,555
OutGauge ID 1
Good job, great program. Thank you!
No Problem!!
Glad you have it working
Now with version 2.2 it seems to work perfectly.. Almost. I tried changing the limit range to 6400-6780 and it works, but only if I actually keep it to that point myself. Then it will bounce. If I fully depress my gas pedal it will just "jump over" the limit and won't even bounce anymore.
It is working great on my PC.

Intel c2d E8600 3,33ghz
4gb RAM
Nvidia 9800gt 1gb
Intel DP35DP Motherboard
rev limiter problem
i download this rev limiter http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=66304
and when i start lfs and the programm,its all ok..but if i want to drive,my car turn off the engine by high rpm..
can anyone help me pls?

thanks .. Golf 2 GT
Quote from Ebbu94 :Now with version 2.2 it seems to work perfectly.. Almost. I tried changing the limit range to 6400-6780 and it works, but only if I actually keep it to that point myself. Then it will bounce. If I fully depress my gas pedal it will just "jump over" the limit and won't even bounce anymore.

Thats because its not for limiting the RPM, the High/Low RPM variables are purely for 'fine tuning' the bouncing effect..
Eg it might be set at 7600 RPM High (stop engine) and 7400 RPM Low (start it again) but.. If for example your PC or LFS doesnt start it again becuase it had dropped bellow the starting point then you can 'move' the RPM setting that it would start again
In the above example if the RPMs say were 7250 before it would start again then you'd change the lower value to say 7200 RPM
Maybe confusing

Quote from Golf 2 GT :i download this rev limiter http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=66304
and when i start lfs and the programm,its all ok..but if i want to drive,my car turn off the engine by high rpm..
can anyone help me pls?

thanks .. Golf 2 GT

Try moving toe bounce timer slider to something around the range of 120ms - 150ms... That is usually the best range for a nice bounce and no-stalling
then my engine is turning off automaticly too :S
Quote from Golf 2 GT :then my engine is turning off automaticly too :S

That is my PRob. too This is very BIG Sh** ^^
PLS HELP US
Try moving the slider... That FIXES the problem, You just have to find the right value

I personally use 150ms and I can bounce on and off the limiter all day without it ever stalling the engine
Okay.. Thanks. Could you create a way to change the limit?
I would rather like it to kick in a bit earlier than what it's doing now.

'Bouncing' Rev Limiter & 'Anti-Stall'
(226 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG