The online racing simulator
Quote from JeeP :why those names on the tires... and you can chose from 4 different names = completely useless !!!

i bet they dont change the tire wearing/heating so r3/4 are still useless.....

Yes, "for now". And r3s are usefull in longer races...atleast for me

edit. Does someone know in what corner are those FOXs in the first picture?
edit. oh yeah, found it :P
Quote :i bet they dont change the tire wearing/heating so r3/4 are still useless.....

I'd guess new grip/tyre physics affects that too.

The tyre brands are clearly a step foward tyre manufacturer choices we might get some day.

The helmet 3D model looks much more smoothened, the top is not like /\ anymore.
-
(n2oaddict) DELETED by n2oaddict : wrong thread
Quote from JeeP :why those names on the tires... and you can chose from 4 different names = completely useless !!!

i bet they dont change the tire wearing/heating so r3/4 are still useless.....

use r3s on the fronts all the time in long races, its usually r3s front r2s back

never used r4s
Quote from bobvanvliet :
Edit: And did anyone else notice the clipping error on what seems to be a suspension strut visible through the hole between the front wing and the body on the second pic?!

that is an error what allready was with the first S2 Alpha. Just open the FOX CMX in the viewer and you see the same. The wishbones aren't connected to the car body.
R4's are on the FWD GTR cars, aren't they?

About the tire brand sidewall texture and the talk earlier about future modding of dds for real brands. A suggestion to the community here. Who ever ends up creating textures for certain real brands, it would be good for the community to decide which dds would be which brands. That way, everyone would somewhat see the actual brand other's are using online. Example, if you make Pirelli tire, then the community would agree that the cromo texture would be the Pirelli texture and Bridgestone would be Evostar (or whatever). That way, online, I would use the cromo texture as Pirelli and everyone else would see me as Pirelli as well. Of course, this wouldn't work perfectly if more than 4 tire brands were modded, but an agreement in the community would help.

Can't wait to spin out my FZR and actually be able to get straight again and continue on instead of continuously spinning trying to get straight.

Please don't release the patch on a Friday! I'd have to wait until Monday to get it then. Or, at least make it a true patch that we could download a 5mb file and patch our Q installation (I'm sure this is how it would be anyways).
Quote from mrodgers :R4's are on the FWD GTR cars, aren't they?

Not only. Every GTR car has R4's.
Quote from deggis :The helmet 3D model looks much more smoothened, the top is not like /\ anymore.

This is an enlargement of the helmet in the Formula V8 screenie.

The model doesn't look any different to me, i think the helmets only look smoother in the newer shots because of the lighting.
Attached images
jagged.jpg
Quote from joshdifabio :This is an enlargement of the helmet in the Formula V8 screenie.

The model doesn't look any different to me, i think the helmets only look smoother in the newer shots because of the lighting.

I was looking the same, the top does looks same as the old model.
OK. Maybe not in the polys, but certainly in the visor hinge.
Attached images
Newhelmet.jpg
Quote from colcob :Shame there is no mention of the undertrays. They were the third big problem with the aero physics in S2.
Aero downforce and drag from the undertray is currently constant (but speed dependent) regardless of the angle of the undertray or the gap beneath it.
I'd rather expected that to be fixed, but maybe they're saving it for another update .

Hell, even GP2 had undertrays that gave different downforce depending on the ride height.

funny u think nkpro is fab and yet it doesnt even have anything remotely similar to undertray/rideheight effect.
in fact, u can still drive car upside down in nkpro and i didnt saw any complain.
The visor hinge is part of the skin actually, there isn't a hinge in the helmet model.
If its really a new helmet model I think we are going to read and see about it in a few days
Quote :Agree with Colcob that undertray revisions would be lovely (if Scawen is up to it - it's worth another day on the release date if it's possible).

Agree too, but I think realisation is very complex (under Braking back-end lift and aero-balance moves forward - and so on).
But I would like to be surprised, in a postive manner.

Maybe, anyone out there now´s more about it ?

Scawen ??

excuse my poor english.
Yes it's much too complicated. It's not a day's work to make the undertray behave correctly. More like weeks to research and code it. I don't even know how long it will be, as I haven't done the research.

For now the undertray is fixed so it doesn't point the aero forwards. But it doesn't change depending on ride height and angle. You are free to set the ride height to give you the best suspension performance.
Just came in to say:

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that old tingly feeling is back again :hyper:
It's nice to see you devs more "community active" instead of "locked in closet working on LFS like mad chimps active"
Quote from bobvanvliet :OK. Maybe not in the polys, but certainly in the visor hinge.

As said already, that is part of the skin
Here's a question:

In some of the cars (mainly the single-seaters) I've never really had a problem with losing rear-end grip when in the slipstream. It's almost always a push condition--in the final corner of SO Classic, for instance, where it inevitably puts me way wide and into the wall on corner exit.

In the GTR cars I've occasionally gotten loose when in the slipstream (say, in the FXR coming around the last of the S-curves at Kyoto Long), but it's usually at a point where the car's loose already.

Are these aero changes going to make the cars even pushier where they already push, or is it just going to lessen the looseness?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Are these aero changes going to make the cars even pushier where they already push, or is it just going to lessen the looseness?

The latter
Fantastic!

edit: and thanks for the quick response.
Quote from mrodgers :R4's are on the FWD GTR cars, aren't they?

About the tire brand sidewall texture and the talk earlier about future modding of dds for real brands. A suggestion to the community here. Who ever ends up creating textures for certain real brands, it would be good for the community to decide which dds would be which brands. That way, everyone would somewhat see the actual brand other's are using online. Example, if you make Pirelli tire, then the community would agree that the cromo texture would be the Pirelli texture and Bridgestone would be Evostar (or whatever). That way, online, I would use the cromo texture as Pirelli and everyone else would see me as Pirelli as well. Of course, this wouldn't work perfectly if more than 4 tire brands were modded, but an agreement in the community would help.

agree with that. ...so all f.ex. Dunlop DDS are on the same LFS brand DDS

there will be 4 different DDS files, so wich 4 IRL brands?
I vote for:
Dunlop
Michelin
Bridgestone
Advan/Yokohama

...that is IF the sidewalls ARE DDS files....
Scawen seems to have an eye on this thread. No more coding to do? Then release it!

j/k

Vain
Quote from Vain :Scawen seems to have an eye on this thread. No more coding to do? Then release it!

j/k

Vain

Maybe they're testing it so the release isn't like Netkar Pro's. But to give credit to Netkar, Kunos addressed the concerns the same day and promised a patch within a week or two.
Thats for the feedback Scawen - much appreciated as always... Can't wait til the day we get something like that implemented, but knowing that you know it's hard and not a quick fix is better than just wishing for it.
yep, this is cool ...

still nothing about the lsd?
Quote from KiDCoDEa :funny u think nkpro is fab and yet it doesnt even have anything remotely similar to undertray/rideheight effect.
in fact, u can still drive car upside down in nkpro and i didnt saw any complain.

God, I swear you're on crack these days. If you'd like to point me to the posts where I say that NKPro is fab, i'd be happy to eat my own testicles.
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG