The online racing simulator
You are talking about american cars, right?
Why does the XR_interior1.dds file have a picture of a license plate in it? The XR cars use the license plate picture from the licanseplates.dds file.
Quote from BreadC :rev counter yes.. shift light.. no

How can you tell me that I'm wrong about what I have seen with my own eyes? Can you see what I see through my eyes? I guess that "Remote Viewing" BS is real!

Anyway. The vehicles that I've been in that had shift lights were a Saturn S-series (Mine is an automatic but i've been in two manual trans ones), a 1997 Honda Civic HX, and a 1999 Chevy S10.
Quote from Scawen :
Added option to set colour of road car gear LED display

Thanks a bunch.

Quote from ussbeethoven :Would it be possible to make this display also optional on road cars (except RAC) for H-gate shifter users?

Black makes it optional.
Not sure if this is a bug.....BUT I downloaded Z24 today & all was working great(Thank's Devs)

But I went to have a bit of fun on the blackwood rally rev,I've never seen it happen before.
But i am getting a " cant open file: data\Knw\BL2R_(car_prefix).knw "
(for those that don't know,Its the "green" racing line file...)

Is it a new bug or old,Can anyone clarify this statement please

See attached pic for know cars,that I found that do this...

(EDIT)::Also happens @ fernbay rallycross too....
Attached images
Could_not_open_file.jpg
-
(Fuse5) DELETED by Fuse5 : post i replied to was on another page and had already been replied to.
Very good work guys welldone
it's kind a bug only about FZ5 and RAC for rallycross tracks. Other cars don't have such lines cause they aren't for rallycross
Quote from philipac :Dont know if this has been Covered,

Buy why have Shift lights been taken away from Road cars?

Quite a few road cars now have Shift lights,

Weather it be for best MPG as to when to change up or down or when close to the Limiter but there still there,

Seams a Step back to me,

I quite like the no shift lights but some cars need to bounce of the limiter, you know when it goes dudududdudududud at 8500rpm or something. sorry for the lame explanation, it's too early for me
Is it just me, or does the automatic updater within LFS say "Can't extract <file name of 7-zip>"?
Since dashboard updates in road cars, TC LED in BF1 has changed from blue to orange. AFAIK blue was the real color for this car. I guess it's somewhow connected with TC light in FZ5?
Quote from wheel4hummer :Anyway. The vehicles that I've been in that had shift lights were a Saturn S-series (Mine is an automatic but i've been in two manual trans ones), a 1997 Honda Civic HX, and a 1999 Chevy S10.

I guess it's an American thing. Atleast I have never seen a shift light in the cars I have been in and since this is Europe almost all of them have been manuals.
I don't know of any car sold in Italy that comes with a shift light altough every car(99% at least)has a manual gearbox.So it's fine for me that the shift light is gone.
NVM, I didn't know there was a manual download here.
Quote from only.one.RydeR :Is it just me, or does the automatic updater within LFS say "Can't extract <file name of 7-zip>"?

You must launch LFS updater as admin.

P.S.: Can somebody post his lfs_restart.exe, please?
Quote from Shadowww :

P.S.: Can somebody post his lfs_restart.exe, please?

You want the exe as an attachment?
Here you go, for anyone that has deleted it.
LFS_restart.exe should be in the main LFS folder.
Attached files
LFS_restart.zip - 31.8 KB - 217 views
Quote from Scawen :Here you go, for anyone that has deleted it.
LFS_restart.exe should be in the main LFS folder.

How about hiding the restart.exe in to data folder? Maybe it would prevent people from deleting it because it would be out of sight.
Education is the only long term solution to deal with that.
Can you add in the Server Catalog options to choose DEMO(yes/no) S1(yes/no) S2(yes/no)? Like private option, empty, TCP. Or an options like "Server Version ALL/DEMO/S1/S2"
Quote from DarkKostas :Can you add in the Server Catalog options to choose DEMO(yes/no) S1(yes/no) S2(yes/no)? Like private option, empty, TCP. Or an options like "Server Version ALL/DEMO/S1/S2"

They've already decided to disable this option and they will probably not add this again.
Quote from IlGuercio :I don't know of any car sold in Italy that comes with a shift light altough every car(99% at least)has a manual gearbox.So it's fine for me that the shift light is gone.

The new Ford Focus RS has the shift light
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHXibaU3t2o
But I still think that we don't need shift lights in road cars in LFS.
Guys... it's not THAT difficult to change gear without the shift light . Imo it's a good idea to remove it .
Quote from Byku :Guys... it's not THAT difficult to change gear without the shift light . Imo it's a good idea to remove it .

It's not that I need or want a shift light to help me, it's just that I've seen it on cars from that era.
Quote from wheel4hummer :It's not that I need or want a shift light to help me, it's just that I've seen it on cars from that era.

Agreed, my five year old RX8 has a shift light, it also goes 'beep' at me as well in case I don't notice the light
Quote from geeman1 :How about hiding the restart.exe in to data folder? Maybe it would prevent people from deleting it because it would be out of sight.

Nobody would delete it anyways, mine was just corrupted.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z22 / Z25 (online compatible)
(492 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG