The online racing simulator
Michael Jackson has died
(335 posts, started )
reckon he's that saddo that thinks he's the next MJ? Moonwalking down the street etc.?
Haha...
Quote from tristancliffe :That must be a record!!! 13 years of listening to the same musician non-stop

Nah, I was introduced to David Gilmour's guitar in Comfortably Numb back in 1987. I don't have a working radio in my own car and rarely drive my wife's car, but her 6 disk player is loaded up with 4 Pink Floyd CDs for the rare occasion that I drive it, like today when I ran to town to pick up a guitar amp. I listened to all of Dark Side of the Moon... Comfortably Numb... What Do You Want from Me... Shine on You Crazy Diamond... Hey You... A Great Day for Freedom... and Coming Back to Life.

So, yeah, I've been listening to Floyd for 22 years.

Oh, and I have recently recorded on the DVR, David Gilmour Live in Gdansk... Dark Side of the Moon on VH1's Classics in Concert (from the Pulse DVD)... Dark Side of the Moon on VH1's Classic Albums (documentary'ish)... and the movie The Wall in preparation of hooking up the new home theater system Christmas present tomorrow night.
Quote from hrtburnout :was he that close to you?

I'm sure that i can sense a kind of 'in' joke with that sentence, although highly inappropriate.

It's like how comedians are, they try to beat eachothers gags, you made the 'close to you' joke, and johnny topped it by giving a real answer!
Quote from mrodgers :Nah, I was introduced to David Gilmour's guitar in Comfortably Numb back in 1987. I don't have a working radio in my own car and rarely drive my wife's car, but her 6 disk player is loaded up with 4 Pink Floyd CDs for the rare occasion that I drive it, like today when I ran to town to pick up a guitar amp. I listened to all of Dark Side of the Moon... Comfortably Numb... What Do You Want from Me... Shine on You Crazy Diamond... Hey You... A Great Day for Freedom... and Coming Back to Life.

So, yeah, I've been listening to Floyd for 22 years.

Oh, and I have recently recorded on the DVR, David Gilmour Live in Gdansk... Dark Side of the Moon on VH1's Classics in Concert (from the Pulse DVD)... Dark Side of the Moon on VH1's Classic Albums (documentary'ish)... and the movie The Wall in preparation of hooking up the new home theater system Christmas present tomorrow night.

You sir, are full of win and I salute you for your excellent taste in music.

/me puts on David Gilmour's recent solo album "On An Island"
I've only got myself to blame for opening this bumped thread to see if Michael Jackson was still dead.

I get quite gullible on the wine.
Quote from dekojester :You sir, are full of win and I salute you for your excellent taste in music.

/me puts on David Gilmour's recent solo album "On An Island"

I have several Floyd stuff, including The Wall, on video cassette. Unfortunately, I no longer have a VCR anywhere.

Both my Pulse CD and the DVD are on the 2nd copy purchased having the CD stolen a long time ago and the DVD inevitably lost by the kids. I started back in the 90s with collecting every album on gold CD back when they did that. I have Dark Side and The Wall on gold CD. And I have every other CD from Floyd from 71 on. I don't have anything other than "A Saucerful of Secrets".

I haven't gotten "On and Island" yet. I do have his older solo stuff, David Gilmour and About Face.

I'm a bit of a Floyd nut, ever since that day when I was 15 and a friend said, "here, smoke this, then listen to this..." which was my first listening of Comfortably Numb. Ran out and bought The Wall the very next day (on cassette, only the rich folks had CD players back then, LOL.)
I suppose you're a dad now, so it's normal for you to listen to dad music.
I've never liked Pink Floyd tbh, just like The Doors and most music from 60/70's they are all acid trips.
Quote from BlueFlame :I've never liked Pink Floyd tbh, just like The Doors and most music from 60/70's they are all acid trips.

That's Prog Rock, my friend. One of the best music genres IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF ROCK!!!!!!1!!1!1!oneone

It isn't an acid trip, it's just more. It's an acid trip COUPLED with great musical taste and some guitar and electric keyboard gods.
And I just love it.

Michael Jackson has died
(335 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG