The online racing simulator
Post your Last Purchase!
(7017 posts, started )
I got the Max Payne Collection... although I added them to the cart one at a time... I didn't think the bundle was good value for money.

Attached images
Capture.PNG
Friday can not come quickly enough.

Happy seasonal events lol
no life can begin

Finally upgraded my gtx295

3 of these for my triple screen setup for my race rig.
Wow, where's the bezel? Great choice.

I ordered one of these this morning:

Quote from Bose321 :

3 of these for my triple screen setup for my race rig.

Please do post a pic of them side by side, it must be awesome!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Wow, where's the bezel? Great choice.

Quote from Specht77 :Please do post a pic of them side by side, it must be awesome!

I believe the picture may be a little misleading. The bezel is 10mm though I believe. Still one of the thinnest bezels around I think. I'll make sure to show you guys how it looks. I honestly can't wait. Won't be on my rig yet, since I have to build the pillars to support them, but I'll put them on my desk for the time being...
not trying to troll, or push this too far off topic, but being born and raised imperial (willing to accept metric, and prefer it for several units); why is it automatic for you to type it at 10mm, instead of 1cm?
I imagine it's because a) it makes sense to stick to one unit, b) it's more convenient to use 9 mm and 11 mm than 0.9 cm and 1.1 cm because of whole numbers, and c) bezels aren't that huge these days, a lot of the time they can be under 1 cm.
Damn you Ikea desk! Why can't I fit 5 screens?

woooOOoooooooooW

I did something similar...
Woah that's awesome. :laola:
Time to buy Fanatec table
Two of these (Avid HS1 160 mm brake rotors) for about $10 (yes, I can't believe it too):

Quote from wildstyle :woooOOoooooooooW

I did something similar...

dat is sum poor shopping skills there...
Quote from logitekg25 :not trying to troll, or push this too far off topic, but being born and raised imperial (willing to accept metric, and prefer it for several units); why is it automatic for you to type it at 10mm, instead of 1cm?

Well that's the nice thing about the metric system. 1cm, 10mm, .01m, it's all the same. I guess you can't practically express 3 and a 1/2 inches as fractions of feet, or yards, or fathoms or whatever.
thanks for the replies...typed that while i was drunk

but the best i could think up was thats just to show the degree of precision he was using...like its not 9 mm, not 11 mm, but 10 mm.

not sure if that makes sense, but its just slightly foreign to me the automatic ways of expressing it.

metric makes ALOT more sense (obviously, no secret here), and they are employing it more and more in general; public schools are to the point where we prefer it in sciences, and at work all we use is metric (body shop).
Quote from logitekg25 :but the best i could think up was thats just to show the degree of precision he was using...like its not 9 mm, not 11 mm, but 10 mm.

With the expression "1cm", I would assume it could be anywhere from 0.5cm to 1.5cm, rounded (in fact, it's highly unlikely to be exactly 1cm exactly no matter what). 1.0cm would imply that it's 1cm to 1 decimal place, but when you start bringing decimals in you might as well go for the next unit down (10mm).

The difference between a bezel of 8mm and 12mm is sizeable (i.e. one is half as much again as the other), but both would commonly be expressed as "1cm".
Quote from Jakg :With the expression "1cm", I would assume it could be anywhere from 0.5cm to 1.5cm, rounded (in fact, it's highly unlikely to be exactly 1cm exactly no matter what). 1.0cm would imply that it's 1cm to 1 decimal place, but when you start bringing decimals in you might as well go for the next unit down (10mm).

The difference between a bezel of 8mm and 12mm is sizeable (i.e. one is half as much again as the other), but both would commonly be expressed as "1cm".

you said what i tried to say *i think*

more using your words:

saying 1cm implies anywhere from 5mm to 15mm (directly from you)

saying 10mm implies for me anywhere from 9.5mm to 10.5mm (or around there)

is that the reasoning behind the mm vs cm?

Post your Last Purchase!
(7017 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG