The online racing simulator
woooOOoooooooooW

I did something similar...
Woah that's awesome. :laola:
Time to buy Fanatec table
Two of these (Avid HS1 160 mm brake rotors) for about $10 (yes, I can't believe it too):

Quote from wildstyle :woooOOoooooooooW

I did something similar...

dat is sum poor shopping skills there...
Quote from logitekg25 :not trying to troll, or push this too far off topic, but being born and raised imperial (willing to accept metric, and prefer it for several units); why is it automatic for you to type it at 10mm, instead of 1cm?

Well that's the nice thing about the metric system. 1cm, 10mm, .01m, it's all the same. I guess you can't practically express 3 and a 1/2 inches as fractions of feet, or yards, or fathoms or whatever.
thanks for the replies...typed that while i was drunk

but the best i could think up was thats just to show the degree of precision he was using...like its not 9 mm, not 11 mm, but 10 mm.

not sure if that makes sense, but its just slightly foreign to me the automatic ways of expressing it.

metric makes ALOT more sense (obviously, no secret here), and they are employing it more and more in general; public schools are to the point where we prefer it in sciences, and at work all we use is metric (body shop).
Quote from logitekg25 :but the best i could think up was thats just to show the degree of precision he was using...like its not 9 mm, not 11 mm, but 10 mm.

With the expression "1cm", I would assume it could be anywhere from 0.5cm to 1.5cm, rounded (in fact, it's highly unlikely to be exactly 1cm exactly no matter what). 1.0cm would imply that it's 1cm to 1 decimal place, but when you start bringing decimals in you might as well go for the next unit down (10mm).

The difference between a bezel of 8mm and 12mm is sizeable (i.e. one is half as much again as the other), but both would commonly be expressed as "1cm".
Quote from Jakg :With the expression "1cm", I would assume it could be anywhere from 0.5cm to 1.5cm, rounded (in fact, it's highly unlikely to be exactly 1cm exactly no matter what). 1.0cm would imply that it's 1cm to 1 decimal place, but when you start bringing decimals in you might as well go for the next unit down (10mm).

The difference between a bezel of 8mm and 12mm is sizeable (i.e. one is half as much again as the other), but both would commonly be expressed as "1cm".

you said what i tried to say *i think*

more using your words:

saying 1cm implies anywhere from 5mm to 15mm (directly from you)

saying 10mm implies for me anywhere from 9.5mm to 10.5mm (or around there)

is that the reasoning behind the mm vs cm?
When I say 1cm I mean 10mm. When I say 10mm I mean 10mm. No reason for using 10mm instead of 1cm tbh.
so its settled!
I would say a lot of it comes down to how we speak. I find it easier to use MM instead of CM in speech because I'll say 10mill rather than 10 millimetres. 1 centimetres is just awkward to use when talking.
Since my father wanted me to watch these for a long time... and they aren't on iTunes or NetFlix. he got these

Some things for living room from Ikea...

3x

3x for PC
Nexus 5, can't really take a picture of it, these pics were taken with it. This thing was a major pain in the arse to build but it's unbelievably comfortable. Next purchase will be another couple of monitors.

I sure do hope these are worth the hype
Where can you find such seat?
Quote from Torolol :Where can you find such seat?

DXracer, for example.

even JYSK has one "racingseat" chair on their selection, altough it looks rather unappealing, uncomfortable and very unreliable.

I got mine from FK Automotive, they have some sale going on at the moment and I thought I could snatch myself a chair for cheap. And I trust FK a bit more than DXRacer when I saw how they are designed, and 5 times the price compared to FK's similar office chairs is quite a turnoff.
http://www.fk-shop.de/Sportsitze-Gurte/Sportsitz-Buerostuhl/
They are quite cheap but add 60€ for the shipping. They are heavy, I guess.

I would've looked for a more "bucket-y" seat, but I had to make some compromises and I found that most suitable for the job.
Thx, do tell what it's like when you recieve it

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG