The online racing simulator
I think the hardest part of setting up a home studio is monitoring, it's difficult to tell whether what you're hearing is your monitors or the room. And I don't know anybody with a home studio who has done any kind of sensible treatment to their control room - some hang soft furnishings or stick up acoustic foam but that's not going to damp everything equally.

Currently I'm struggling with a drum mix having ended up with rather over-compressed signals from the heads and not enough treble from the cymbals, which is frustrating because I had a pair of room mics about 30ft from the drum set (drums in my dining room, room mics at the opposite end of my kitchen) and the room mics sound really good! Drummer is so loud though I had to mic everything close or it would've all just bled everywhere.
I think i'll eventually rent a small room/studio sometime. At the moment it's all in my apartment. The room itself isn't that bad actually (old house, wooden floors, there's a bed and a "hanger"? with some clothes on it in the same room, etc), but the place where i have everything set-up is terrible... small desk, wall to the left side, window in the back, no room basically.

I'm debating on re-arranging my apartment, but i think it's no fun living in a "studio", so i'll probably go for the other option and rent a little studio (sometime next year, after paying taxes :razz.
I'm thinking next time I record something where I want to hear a room, I'm going to see if I can use a venue or something where nobody will turn up for work until 5pm or so.

Or perhaps a church! Nobody uses them for anything these days and they sound fantastic!

Damn rock put a hole in my oil filter.
Quote from Billeh :
Intel, LGA775 Socket, L2 8 MB

4 gig corsair ram

Big cooler

All for £50 well chuffed

Are you shitting me? I bought that Q6600 for £140 when they came out!
my headlight came,so am i,when i opened the box
Lmao
Quote from Seb66 :Are you shitting me? I bought that Q6600 for £140 when they came out!

??? I thought it was a good deal for the whole lot was just going by some of the online prices i have seen though
Quote from e2mustang :my headlight came,so am i,when i opened the box

I demand pics when they're fitted into that beast.
Quote from Billeh :??? I thought it was a good deal for the whole lot was just going by some of the online prices i have seen though

He means its a bloody good deal...
Quote from The General Lee :He means its a bloody good deal...

Just need to get a new motherboard for it and hopefully it should fire up nicely. Can kick the athlon 64 x2 4800, 2 gig ram and shitty board in the bin
Quote from Billeh : Just need to get a new motherboard for it and hopefully it should fire up nicely. Can kick the athlon 64 x2 4800, 2 gig ram and shitty board in the bin

you shouldn't bin your old hardware. you could give it to a charity shop or sell it on ebay. or you could keep it and build another system for a family member.
the bin is the last place you should be putting your old hardware dude!
These two.

coax :/
I have an HBK 3 aswell, it's simply too big and loud for indoor flying.
Quote from Matrixi :I have an HBK 3 aswell, it's simply too big and loud for indoor flying.

ah good so you got a proper heli too
and yeah a 400-450ish heli is definitely too big for indooring
i just genereally believe that those coax things teach you nothing about flying a heli and are essentially useless as the beginner type helis theyre often sold as

walkera has some quite nice 15-20 cm single rotor helis
the newer models also have either pitch (not something id recommend for indoor flying as the pitch helis have thin plastic blades with styrofoam cores that break easly while the fixed pitch models have solid plastic blades that you can crash into walls hundreds of times (believe me ive tried and still have no idea why the thing came with a set of replacement blades) without breaking them) or fixed pitch with bell hiller mixing or flybarless
that should (havent actually flown any of them) completely fix the issues of the first ultra tiny wlkeras which had pure hiller mixing and thus very indirect controll
I'm thinking about getting a Blade MSR for indoors aswell. Not as boring as coaxials, but I'm not sure do I want to pay that much for a tiny heli that immediately needs upgrades (fixed swash plate geometry) to fly properly.
hm by the looks of it it comes with brushed motors? from my experience with the walkers 4#3 brushed motors in that size usually last no longer than maybe 20 charges.... a total money pit
also it looks like it has hiller mixing meaning that any input will first have to go through the paddlebar before it actually reaches the rotor and has any effect
if the 4#3 is anything to go by this causes some rather indirect flying and you feel like youre constantly behind with your inputs
stable hovering requires some fairly decent prescience since you have to correct any movement of the heli before it happens... a longer flybar fixed that problem a little but ultimately its a design flaw
Quote from dadge :you shouldn't bin your old hardware. you could give it to a charity shop or sell it on ebay. or you could keep it and build another system for a family member.

When i say bin i mean selling it on to my boss should cover some of the new board price
Quote from dadge :you shouldn't bin your old hardware. you could give it to a charity shop or sell it on ebay. or you could keep it and build another system for a family member.

Due to pointless health&safety and data protection acts most charity places won't accept computers and what not.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Due to pointless health&safety and data protection acts most charity places won't accept computers and what not.

i think that only applies to hard drives.
It includes components as well. I tried to give a whole computer away, they gave some excuse about if it doesnt work, then they have to pay for the council to remove it. (haven't these people heard of a tip?)

Lots of that, to go with this.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :It includes components as well. I tried to give a whole computer away, they gave some excuse about if it doesnt work, then they have to pay for the council to remove it. (haven't these people heard of a tip?)

Different rules for commercial waste. You even have to pay the council to collect recycling from a business.

me and my friends

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG