The online racing simulator

For 300 euros only! Barely used!

Gonna trade in my G25 for 80 euros, so 220 euro spent ,it's such a bargin.
Quote from JJ72 :

For 300 euros only! Barely used!

How much the new one costs over there? Wheel+ pedals ?
They don't ship here.

if you are to import one it is 450 euros for the set (shifter included too) and at least 150 for shipping.

so I am getting this almost half priced, good to have rich friends with impulsive purchasing habits.
Your trading your G25 in for €80? Is it not worth a lot, *lot* more second hand?
nah, as a new set of G27 is priced at 200 euros here, my G25 was the first ever batch in Hong Kong and have seen some insane miles, If I get 100 euros out of it I will be over the moon.

Logi are cheap in Asia in general, while Fanatec are just unobtainable.
Deus Ex (Augmented version) Wasn't sure I would like it but playing it round a friends oredered it
-
(pupkin007) DELETED by pupkin007
HD 5850 1GB for £100 from PC World, Gotta love social engineering lol...
Haters gonna hate

Hifonics BX15D2.
Especially when the subwoofer is such a piece of shit like that.
looks nice. let me know what kind of sound (clarity) you get from it.
Quote from Cameltoe :Especially when the subwoofer is such a piece of shit like that.

lol

Whats wrong with Hifonics?

If it does turn out to be a peice of shit it's not really the end of the world. I'm in the process of making a box for it, that just so happens to fit either the Hifonics (ported), or my current 2x JBL's (sealed).

Bolt on a new baffle and I'm away.
Best car sound systems are made from stainless steel tubes.
Quote from KiRmelius :Best car sound systems are made from stainless steel tubes.

also known as cars.
The enclosure is just as important as the speaker, and should be designed to make the most of the speaker's characteristics. I guess you know a lot about acoustics Jack if you're designing your own speaker enclosures?
Quote from thisnameistaken :The enclosure is just as important as the speaker, and should be designed to make the most of the speaker's characteristics. I guess you know a lot about acoustics Jack if you're designing your own speaker enclosures?

Pretty much all sub manufacturers supply an "ideal" box design for various applications (sealed, ported, bandpass etc).

I'm also in the process of finishing off the box...
Quote from KiRmelius :I meant these
http://www.lrseries.com/resour ... ST-SYSTEM-SERIES-2A-3.jpg
http://www.hiptechblog.com/wp- ... /hellokittyexhaust_01.jpg

i thought the little would have been enough to show i was joking. i guess not.
i agree with Kev, although it might just look like the speaker is put into a wooden box and then covered with carpet. if you're making your own cab, you need to think about the direction of the speaker (facing into or out of the cab). also, where to position the air inlets. some bassbins have sponge in them to help keep the sound clear and the (excess) vibration low.
because your car is essentially a cab, keep the bass speakers as low to the floor as you can. tweeters go high )not too much higher that head height)
Quote from dadge :i agree with Kev, although it might just look like the speaker is put into a wooden box and then covered with carpet. if you're making your own cab, you need to think about the direction of the speaker (facing into or out of the cab). also, where to position the air inlets. some bassbins have sponge in them to help keep the sound clear and the (excess) vibration low.
because your car is essentially a cab, keep the bass speakers as low to the floor as you can. tweeters go high )not too much higher that head height)

I know that PA systems go for specially designed boxes, but for car audio they usually just specify the size of the box & port - i.e. for this sub, Hifonics quote 3ft³ with a 4"x10" port.

AFAIK only one manufacturer has started going for the more PA-style box designs with the JL PowerWedge.

EDIT - Either way, i'm fairly sure this will sound better than my last setup - I have a better quality, more powerful sub, a more powerful amp (which means loads of headroom), a ported enclosure, and probably most importantly a quality enclosure - my last sub box was an eBay-special prefab made out of ~15mm chipboard which is falling apart and most likely leaking air like a bitch. The new box is made out of 1" thick MDF and is literally as strong as a rock.
Quote from Jakg :
AFAIK only one manufacturer has started going for the more PA-style box designs with the JL PowerWedge

so there's a possibility of there being some gain in a tuned cab rather than a speaker box (if you get me). look into it bud. it could be cheap to do and could make your sound system sound like something 5x the price.
for me, it's not about having the badest ass speakers and the biggest amp. bass tuned correctly should be subtle and tops should be crisp. but if you're going to then play mp3's @ 128k bitrate then it's not as important.
Quite apart from the fact that enthusiasts are building speaker enclosures without considering the specifications of the speaker (and the marketing blurb that accompanied the speaker will be mostly nonsense), the biggest problem with in-car audio - the single factor most likely to make your stereo sound like shit - is the car.

I suppose it won't matter if you don't really like music or care about being able to hear it, and you just want to appear to be a knobhead to passing pedestrians.
i'd even go as far as recommending you mount the speakers in a manor that reduced vibration (using rubber washers and isolators). the trick is to reduce the excess car vibration.
sound in a car should be clear, high volumes are easy to reach in such a small space. even the slightest unwanted vibration can spoil the whole sound.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I guess you know a lot about acoustics Jack if you're designing your own speaker enclosures?

one of my lifes goals is to graduate to a point where i can always tell whether youre being serious or trolling

although your followup post kinda spoilt the fun there
Quote from Shotglass :one of my lifes goals is to graduate to a point where i can always tell whether youre being serious or trolling

I would also like this ability. Sometimes I think I'm using irony but I start to worry it's more like schizophrenia.

8GB (2x4gb)G.Skill Sniper 1333 DDR3

2 of them.

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG