The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from BigPeBe :SUV and proper off-roader are two completely different things.
Real off-roader is great for driving, well off-road. On woods etc.
But a horrible daily-drive. On good nice road those cars are horrible.

A SUV then is a horrible car on everywhere. Very pointless, ugly, drives bad etc. SUV's are something that either soccer moms (stock wheels) or hip hoppers (22" bling bling gay wheels) drive.

ummm, not really. one: you have a good point about the gay 22" chrome wheels. two: soccer moms do drive SUVs. three: a jeep is great for the road. it has ok handling (not like a sports car), and there cheap. you can't go wrong with that. My bro got his Jeep for $600 (i dont know how many pounds or other European money currency that is). My friend got his Jeep for $600. and they last forever! my brothers Jeep has like 160K miles on it. i found one selling for $1500, and it had 180k miles on it. so, Jeeps are cheap, fun, and really good to upgrade.
Quote from Jakg :My point exactly.

so, you don't like Jeeps? if you don't just say so. i know what you mean though. they are boxy.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :so, you don't like Jeeps? if you don't just say so. i know what you mean though. they are boxy.

As I pointed out earlier:

Quote from hrtburnout :Because it does only 5km per liter, and a 1997 Wrangler would cost about 3000 pounds or $5500 in the UK.

There you go. It's expensive to buy and even more expensive to run and insure.

Petrol costs $6,5/US Gallon in the United Kingdom, mate.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :so, you don't like Jeeps? if you don't just say so. i know what you mean though. they are boxy.

What?

He wants a small cheap to run hatchback. In the UK Petrol costs a hell of a lot more, and parts for a Mazda 3 etc are cheaper than parts for a Jeep. Also, Tax in the UK is based on emissions - Jeeps etc which emit tons then cost a hell of a lot more. Same for insurance, in the US you can have pretty much any car you want as long as you can pay for it up-front (i.e. the fact anyone can afford a Mustang as a first car!), whereas for a new driver insurance is crippling.

To put this into American - I pay $2,000 a year to insure my asian econo-box with a 1.5L engine, even though the car is only worth around $1,400. Each driving lesson I take costs $48 per hour, and I will need about 20 - 30 hours to pass the test - I also need to pay for petrol, which is currently $7.82 a gallon...

Either way - if he wants a hatchback, then a Jeep isn't really what he wants...
My DB,

Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :ummm, not really. one: you have a good point about the gay 22" chrome wheels. two: soccer moms do drive SUVs. three: a jeep is great for the road. it has ok handling (not like a sports car), and there cheap. you can't go wrong with that. My bro got his Jeep for $600 (i dont know how many pounds or other European money currency that is). My friend got his Jeep for $600. and they last forever! my brothers Jeep has like 160K miles on it. i found one selling for $1500, and it had 180k miles on it. so, Jeeps are cheap, fun, and really good to upgrade.

ummm, not really. . I don't know about your standards, but Jeeps and similar cars are horrible on road. They have soft suspension, high center of gravity = they have huge amount of body roll.

When I got my drivers license, my first car on the road cost me 300€, that's probably about 250 dollars and even it probably has way better handling on road than these Jeeps do. It wasn't anything awesome, but it was ok and some nice fun for first car.
Oh, it was Ford Sierra 1.6.

My current car is Sierra too, but with better engine and reworked suspension, it is very good on road. So my standards are a bit different from a Jeep, or SUV owner.
Actually most stock sedans and hatchbacks are too soft for my taste.
Finally sitting on my drive!

Bodywork needs some polish but it's mechanically sound. Could probably use a wash and wax too

With an arty shot to finish just because... why the hell not?
Attached images
mazda323_front01.jpg
mazda323_right01.jpg
mazda323_reflection01.jpg
I never understood why people blank out their numberplates, like, are you THAT big headed you think someones actually gonna stalk or attack you?
Quote from BlueFlame :I never understood why people blank out their numberplates, like, are you THAT big headed you think someones actually gonna stalk or attack you?

Car thiefes are known to use internet for finding targets.
Maybe not from LFS-forum, but still.
Steal a car, then go looking (admitedly more likely on eBay or similar) for another identical car, then take have a copy of it's numberplate made.

Drive around and never get stopped for no insurance etc and any speeding fines go straight to the owner of the car...
I actually never thought of that before, but in this day and age, car crime, especially in the UK is not easy to succeed in unless you jack a car with the owner inside, car crime is the lowest it's ever been in the UK well, the lowest would be when cars were first sold. ok re-phrasal. Car Crime is the lowest it has ever been in the 21's century. Cars do get stolen, but they are high spec cars that get shipped to cyprus or other countries that use RHD cars. I doubt someone will bother with a Mazda 323, and I'm not mocking the car, I'm just stating the facts. It's probobly got an imobilizer that disables the ignition, so without the chip unless you open up the bonnet or you know some wierd electrical trick to disable the imobilizer you aren't going to be able to get it moving.
This isn't the only place the pictures are posted and I don't make any effort to hide where I live. The last thing I need is to piss someone off on a forum or a blog and have them find me and slash the tyres or something
Quote from BlueFlame :I actually never thought of that before, but in this day and age, car crime, especially in the UK is not easy to succeed in unless you jack a car with the owner inside, car crime is the lowest it's ever been in the UK well, the lowest would be when cars were first sold. ok re-phrasal. Car Crime is the lowest it has ever been in the 21's century. Cars do get stolen, but they are high spec cars that get shipped to cyprus or other countries that use RHD cars. I doubt someone will bother with a Mazda 323, and I'm not mocking the car, I'm just stating the facts. It's probobly got an imobilizer that disables the ignition, so without the chip unless you open up the bonnet or you know some wierd electrical trick to disable the imobilizer you aren't going to be able to get it moving.

Erm, the anti-theft technology is all very well but all they do these days is break into your house and steal your car keys.
Right, small piccy update!
Went for a little spin with Brad (MR_B on here ) and with his snazzy photo skills we got some shots of the car, what ya think? (Really should have washed it beforehand!)
Attached images
TIMG_8405.JPG
TIMG_8443.JPG
TIMG_8452.JPG
TTIMG_8418.JPG
TIMG_8413.JPG
TIMG_8488.JPG
It pains me to say it, but it actually looks kinda good.
No, it looks fokken good!

Nothing bufty, just the real deal.

Once again, nice Capri. Tho have you thought about getting original rear ligths?
they are sitting in the boot (just incase mr policeman decides to be a bit narky), prefer the tinted ones all the mods im doing to the car will be completely reversable, so that way if i do sell i can get more money as itll be original. still gotta find time to fit a 4-2-1 manifold and EFi system, and upgrade to 4pot calipers, its all sitting there waiting for me to do, just need someone with the know-how.
Also need to re-align that bonnet!
Cant you get hold of the 3litre engine for the Capri, I would put that in if you could. I wonder if there are any mint condition 3 litre Capri's still around.
Quote :
just need someone with the know-how.

Why dont you try having ago yourself first.
theres a few mint ones of them, all about 7k+ though!
dont really fancy a heavy, low powered fuel drinking engine. prefer a rover V8, same weight as my 2.0 but double the power
Quote from robt :theres a few mint ones of them, all about 7k+ though!
dont really fancy a heavy, low powered fuel drinking engine. prefer a rover V8, same weight as my 2.0 but double the power

I didn't think about the good old rover v8
Rover V8 is a tank of an engine, actually one of the best british engines in my opinion, it probobly drinks like teens on WKD tho.
depends how you drive it
Well, first of all, nice pictures. Composed well and the images are pretty nicely lit.

Second of all, a Rover V8 will do 15-20mpg at best. I believe the most powerful one had around 150bhp (Was fitted in the SV1) so it'd be better getting either a smaller, more modern engine, possibly supercharged(?) or sticking with the standard engine until you can move up to a whole new car.
17mpg is the only quote on mpg i have found on google, but thats in a land rover almost triple the weight of a capri. also, rover V8s go up to 340bhp in production cars. only the original P5/P6 engine has 119-150bhp. everything 3.9 and up has more. (wouldnt mind that 5.0 340bhp one myself!)

EDIT: quote from TVR forum on the 4.0 in a car a similar weight (bearing in mind its a TVR tuned model)
Quote :"Should give low 20s mpg when driving rural, or even 80 on motorway. Down to about half a mile per gallon if going for sub five second nought to sixties, or three second 30 to 100s."

EDIT 2: someone else with the 4.5 model is quoted at doing 24-33mpg on a run!
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG