The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Ouch!!!
Yeah I've yet to have my first on the road car crash, obviously i hope it will never happen!
I love my '89 944. I have driven a 944 turbo as well but for a daily driver I am glad I got the N/A. It's the 1989 so it has the 11:1 compression 2.7L engine and with my personal touch with the computer it has way more low end torque than the turbo and I get average 27 miles per gallon. 250,000 miles and still going strong.

I think it is fair to call the older 944's "soft slobs". I have driven a few 1983-1985 cars and they have some seriously gooey suspension.

Edit: I almost wrecked mine yesterday after some old blind and virtually deaf guy pulled out in front of me and didn't even accelerate while I was doing the 50mph speed limit. I was all sorts of sideways after nailing the brakes going over railroad tracks.
Yeah, might be true about soft suspension on some models. I had the M030 option in my turbo, was hard as a rock!

And regarding the turbo for daily use, with a good chip installed the turbo lag is almost non-existant (because the wastegate on this car is controlled by the ECU, and with the stock mapping it's not 100% closed when it starts making boost, a better mapping will prevent this and allow it to build up boost pressure sooner and faster). Mine started making boost slightly above 2k rpm and had the same boost as stock (0.75 bar i believe) at slightly above 3k rpm. At 3.8k rpm it had 0.97 bar resulting in 290HP and 400NM (whereas with the stock mapping it would have 0.75 bar at this point).

I gotta stop to reminisce about this car... it makes me sad because i know i'll never find one in the same mint condition again... :bananadea

So yours is an S2?
EDIT: You wrote 2.7l, so i guess not.
Shameless photo whoring:

inb4drlhate
Oh god those LEDs

I don't understand at all why is it cool to put something like that on your car nowadays... I've seen it too much here and all I can say is keep it to the cars that have them stock.

Otherwise, that MG looks quite neat. Could do with some lowering
Quote from jibber :Please define "soft slob". I had a 944 Turbo (250hp version). It was anything but a what i'd immagine a "soft slob" would be like. In fact, it was the best car i've ever driven... and i had the chance to drive cars like M3, F360 spider, RX7 FD, S2000, MX5, etc. None felt as good as the Porsche.

Man, i miss that car...

Driven one myself and they are soft as hell but very well balanced. Somebody should make one into a driftwagon just cos.
Quote from Jakg :Shameless photo whoring:

Do you keep Werther's Originals in the glove box?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Do you keep Werther's Originals in the glove box?

I would imagine they aren't even in the glove box, down in the centre console for easy access while driving!

I kid I kid

:lovies3d:
Attached images
car.jpg

E30 320i

M20B25
Koni Adjustible shocks
21mm front sway
14.5mm rear sway
urethane bushings
30mm lower springs 220lb/440lb rate.
Nice
Shes mine! Now I have to get a job.. lol

That is not cocaine. That's how much snow we had today... and we will have even more tomorrow! =/
Attached images
IMG_2325.JPG
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Do you keep Werther's Originals in the glove box?

Impossible. The glove box is full of LED strips, so no place for Werther's Originals
LED's bwahahahaa!
Quote from Scrabby :Impossible. The glove box is full of LED strips, so no place for Werther's Originals

Only 2 strips and one LED bulb in the glove box

Problem??
The funny thing is Den, you have LEDs on your car to troll others, it's not that you actually think it looks cool there. Which is funny as hell. As are your winter rims.
This is true....
put a flamethrower in it!
Quote from KiRmelius :put a flamethrower in it!

Flame kit is actually in action as we speak, aswell as sidepipes.
On a related note, cleaned out my inlet manifold the other day...

Although it doesn't look that bad, the inside was disgusting with all the soot / crap / shit the EGR has been pumping in there.

It'd also covered the MAP sensor in a layer of well... crap.

Took it for a drive, and she was very *very* smokey (even turned some of the gravel on my drive black!) for a little bit (guessing all the stuff I'd loosened being burnt off), but now seems ok - car seems to hold the boost a lot better towards the top of the rev range now though.

2 days later my hands still aren't clean!

EGR valves are a hateful invention - I'm sure they help with emissions, but I can't possible believe coating the engine with crud can possibly be good long term.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG