The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Bawbag :Maybe I'm reading this wrong but Bullflame said 13.6 down the 1/4 from a modified golf (150 to 240bhp) is piss poor and claimed a standard PD150 could do it in the same time.

1/4 mile in sub 14 seconds with one of these?

**** me that is impressive.
Quote from Bawbag :Maybe I'm reading this wrong but Bullflame said 13.6 down the 1/4 from a modified golf (150 to 240bhp) is piss poor and claimed a standard PD150 could do it in the same time.

To which pretty much every calls bullshit to, 240bhp going under 14 secs is impressive, but 150bhp getting anywhere close, lolz.

Yeah i probably mis read it, but either way, its still bullshit lol.

Although i do know of something that produces 134bhp and can do a quarter in 11.4, and that was a on a damp track with a little wheelspin off the line, but it isnt really a car, its a trike, only a 750 as well, the yamaha based 1000 trike is nearly finished now too, that should be able to run late or even mid 10's hopefully.
Quote from hrtburnout :It is bland, but it'll sell well in the future

Exactly. I'd love to see what car you have Doyal. I'm 19, and bought that with my own money while living by myself. I'm very proud of it and love her to bits. She handles nicely, is comfortable, economical, and quick to boot! I'll admit it's not the most exciting car in the world but when I have put the GT wheels on it, it'll be improved nicely, and even more so with the addition of the GTI Kit and miltek GTI backbox. As I am currently UNEMPLOYED however that will take a little bit of time.

Quote from Bawbag :
Looks nice Jamie, nice and clean. I might give it a go in mine tomorrow, but turbo lag? I barely get any unless i'm under 1300rpm!

Cheers!

Probably a second delay between flooring it and then actually getting boost. Noticed it after the remap, I think they up the boost.

Quote :
Cleaning the turbo like I did just helps the problem but it will no doubt come back in a few months, i've seen a guy who done a innotec turbo clean (similar to what I done but from the outlet pipe) and it only cleaned a tiny part of the turbo, doesn't quite get into the important places. Rtech have done a how to on dismantling the turbo and how to clean it properly, though they only take £100 to do it, which would be my choice!

That's exactly what RTech said when I was there! That the cleaning products sold don't always clean the right places. Did watch the video of them dismantling the vanes/turbo and cleaning it which is really informative and shows just how much crap gets caught up in there. If the turbo blows/dies then I'll just replace with a stage 2 hybrid one, because a new turbo from vw is £1000 and a recon one from TurboTechnics is still on the scary side of £450..makes sense.

If I was to performance tune it, I would be happy with 210bhp and 350lbft at the wheels, so after a new turbo, air filter, and exhaust/solid flywheel conversion and heavy duty clutch it could easily, economically and reliably be achieved, albiet at a cost of around £2200 all in (exhaust and clutch/flywheel kit would be £1200 alongside £900 for the turbo, budget in a package with a remap and air filter..)

p.s this whole argument about drag times is getting boring.

13.6 seconds is a very respectable time regardless of car.

Here is a quarter mile video of a Clio 182 vs a Standard Seat Leon 160tdi. Both are quick cars and yet only manage mid 15's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKtswUgvhdU

Quote from Bawbag :Excuse me, I've already called bullshit.

Giant random image serves a good purpose though! :P
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Giant random image serves a good purpose though! :P

I was waiting for you to show up. Hello lover.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Exactly. I'd love to see what car you have Doyal

A rather tasty MK1 modded MX5 I do believe.

While you may be very proud of you car, a silver Golf diesel is a little... dull. But hey - your money, I know very few like mine!
Quote from Jakg :
While you may be very proud of you car, a silver Golf diesel is a little... dull.

Thats a bitch rich coming from you lol
Coming from the Rover owner.
I'd take a derv VW Golf over a derv Rover 75 any day.
Quote from Klutch :Thats a bitch rich coming from you lol

"Not everyones cup of tea", yes, "dull", no.
Oh god, hes in denial.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I'd take a derv VW Golf over a derv Rover 75 any day.

i agree, but only if they where the only two last cars on earth and the rover was made of solid gold.
Dull, suppose he's right, the derv is reliable and is never really going to give you any problems...
Quote from BlueFlame :I was waiting for you to show up. Hello lover.

You wish, unfortunately I have standards.
Well for the last couple days i been in my m8s new E46 M3 and its been awsome fun mega grin factor and awsome sound aswell
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You wish, unfortunately I have standards.

Low enough for you to constantly, and belatedly quote me with some kind of mockery punchline.
Picked up a used diff for the S2000 yesterday. New one from honda would be 3'500 Euro. The one i picked up has 17'000km (it's like new) and cost me 1'000 Euro.

Clutch (material and work) will be another 1'300 Euro...

Damn, this car sure is expensive for a HONDA!
Quote from Jakg :Yes, but find somewhere a little less tacky.

Mine just turned up today.../

The only place to fit one in the Mk5 is down by the ashtray (THUS YOU HAVE TO LOOK DOWN) or here in the vent. There is one on the wheel but this can only be fitted on the GTI's I believe..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :The only place to fit one in the Mk5 is down by the ashtray (THUS YOU HAVE TO LOOK DOWN) or here in the vent. There is one on the wheel but this can only be fitted on the GTI's I believe..

Not have an analogue clock you could replace? It's what i'll be doing...

(mine turned up broken )
Don't have an analouge clock, this is the 21st century baby! To be honest having one built into part of the original dials, perhaps in with the time etc would be really cool but way, way too much hassle.

Sucks that yours is broken. Ask for a new one say it arrived broken and hopefully they'll send ya a new one.
Quote from jibber :Damn, this car sure is expensive for a HONDA!

any unusual car is mighty expensive to own
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Sucks that yours is broken. Ask for a new one say it arrived broken and hopefully they'll send ya a new one.

Unfortunately I tested it, and then managed to leave it in the door jam, and tried closing the door, forgetting it was in there, so now it's slightly oval shaped. Doubt i'll get a new one somehow...
Quote from Shotglass :any unusual car is mighty expensive to own

Yeah, but it's a honda!

I've read they used parts from mazda for the diff internals. I don't think a new diff for an mx-5 costs 3'500 Euro. Some people use internals from KIA, since they fit, and are the same material/quality.

I can understand that for example the engine of an S2000, is something you cannot compare to an average civic engine, but something like a diff shouldn't cost this much, especially if there isn't anything special about it.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG