The online racing simulator
Blender crashes every time I try to do a certain operation so I have to work around the problem :P The engine is still a secret.. It is not far away from 20L :P
How did you know? : O

Rear bumper almost done
Attached images
Test 3.jpg
Quote from T.J. :How did you know? : O

huh? am I right on the spot?
I'm just lucky, but it's too late to play the lottery today
I was thinking of a twin turbocharged 8 Litre V10 :P
Hey , if i press F5 , and i have the shadow options ,

what should i do , if i want to render my car on a shadow (mirror[idk the right word])

also , i want it so , the CAR shuld stay on it ... on the mirrow , i want to see the car + the right skin aganin xDD

pls help ..

thanks ,
lovly greetz
Would anybody have a blender file of a porsche gt3, i really need this and it would be greatly appreciated.
try searching @ aironeracing.com, that's where i get my models from i remember seeing a couple of porsche's there.
i tried aironeracing but when i open blender it says that its not compatible, would anybody be able to make ANY porsche compatible with blender for me, and are you able to skin these cars also?
well, when you download a car from aironeracing com, its in a .rar file. extract all the containing files into a folder, then open blender, then press file>import>3ds and find the .3ds car file
I remade the whole rear bumper from scratch :P
Attached images
Drift spec.jpg
the bumper look's really good but dont u think, that the exhaust is a bit too big? + u need to extend the wall or add something to the top right corner, cause there's nothing there, just a black spot and I really like the way the lights under the car look, i suppose it's neon, or am I wrong?
p.s. currently working on a scene, where there is a rx7 and another car (havent decided what car) maybe ill post WIP later
The render was just a test to show the bumper.. It was done in the lowest quality too :P It is supposed to be noen, yes.. Post some WIP screens soon
It is supposed to be drift style so I leave the exhaust until I am done with the whole bodykit : )
if it's drift style, then maybe delete the antena on the roof and the nos, cause drift cars don't have nos, except maybe in NFS, oh, and maybe add a rollcage, I think it will look a lot better then
ok, the shelby gt500 looked kinda weird, so i deleted it don't have any WIP screens yet, cause i have only the rx7 and the brackground, nothing special, but here's something else u can look at :P
http://imajr.com/shurisword-1172220
That looks nice

I like the antennas :P Don`t know why xD But the car is used outside the drift track too so therefore the NOS is installed..
Quote from pacesetter :i tried aironeracing but when i open blender it says that its not compatible, would anybody be able to make ANY porsche compatible with blender for me, and are you able to skin these cars also?

You can skin them, but it is a bit difficult IMO
my skinning for the cars from aironeracing.com is very easy, find a nice picture and put it on the car
help is the
  • my Blender file containing everything: here
    (15.6Mo)
only for the FBM?? If so how do i get other cars in that format?
Quote from piratebob :help is the
  • my Blender file containing everything: here
    (15.6Mo)
only for the FBM?? If so how do i get other cars in that format?

I think the first post is a "how to" post, read it
doh, to many bourbons LOL soz
Quote from pacesetter :i tried aironeracing but when i open blender it says that its not compatible, would anybody be able to make ANY porsche compatible with blender for me, and are you able to skin these cars also?

you have to open a new scene, and import it as 3ds. the model will need work preparing since most of the material data is lost, and in most case the position will be shifted.

and you can skin them, they are UV mapped, you can produce a wireframe template within blender itself.
Attached images
rossaside.jpg
Quote from JJ72 :you have to open a new scene, and import it as 3ds. the model will need work preparing since most of the material data is lost, and in most case the position will be shifted.

and you can skin them, they are UV mapped, you can produce a wireframe template within blender itself.

Thanks JJ!
JJ, that porsche look's amazing o.O is that done in blender?
yup from aironeracing to blender, just about 30mins of sorting out stuff, nothing majorly skillful needed, you just have to figure out where to put the textures and understand how EA construct the models, for example the door seams have both a col texture and an alpha, if you have any problems just ask.

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG