The online racing simulator
:smileyrai

looks quite easy... hope my current render finishes soon to give it a try

Thanks!
Yea! It works... but now there is another problem... how to give both cars different "skins" ??

If I only see layer one with the 1st car and enter the texture menu I am not able to chose another kin texture it is comlete empty

EDIT:

ok, I found out: right click the body of the car and load a texture... but I did not find out how to give both cars different skins... And yes, I did the "press U" thing for both cars...

EDIT 2:

Hmm now this worked too! Thanks again...
Attached images
blender.png
Hmm can anybody tell me, what went wrong with this render?

These are 3 XFG and 3 different skins. If I select the ground layer too, the middle and left car are only black...

What did I miss?
Attached images
bad.png
is that the original render size?

because it looks like the anti aliasing is turned off
Is there any new Helmet modell ? this one has sharp edges and it looks bad
Quote from luckytuner :Is there any new Helmet modell ? this one has sharp edges and it looks bad

no thats still the original helmet of lfs.... lowpoly like everything
Nice program! I think I will give it a try...
Well in this sample I indeed turned AA off. But turning AA on only would have taken much longer to render - but it would have looked the same ugly way.

Anyway, I deleted the "ugly" cars, duplicated the good one again and it worked...

Dunno what happened.

Well, I now would like to alter the rims etc. But where to find good rims and brake disks, etc? The pages linked in this thread only contain .max files and it is not possible to import them, isn´t it?
Ok... there are some files in 3ds at Krautracing. But I cannot import them Slowly I guess I am too stupid for this...

This is what the Python console says:

Importing 3DS: "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\xxx\Desktop\3D\Jessi\Jes
si_only.3DS"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\xxx\Desktop\LFS\blender-2.49a-av
ifix-windows\.blender\scripts\3ds_import.py", line 882, in load_3ds
process_next_chunk(file, current_chunk, importedObjects, IMAGE_SEARCH)
ifix-windows\.blender\scripts\3ds_import.py", line 464, in process_next_chunk
process_next_chunk(file, new_chunk, importedObjects, IMAGE_SEARCH)
ifix-windows\.blender\scripts\3ds_import.py", line 561, in process_next_chunk
img= TEXTURE_DICT[contextMaterial.name]= BPyImage.comprehensiveImageLoad(tex
ture_name, FILENAME, PLACE_HOLDER= False, RECURSIVE= IMAGE_SEARCH)
ifix-windows\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\BPyImage.py", line 109, in comprehensiv
eImageLoad
if os == None and CASE_INSENSITIVE:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'CASE_INSENSITIVE' referenced before assignmen
t

What the hell am I doing wrong???
download Python
Hmm... Python was installed...

But I forgot that I am using Win7 64bit... So I need Python 64bit too... lol

Now it works
Quote from JustForFunRacing :
Well, I now would like to alter the rims etc. But where to find good rims and brake disks, etc? The pages linked in this thread only contain .max files and it is not possible to import them, isn´t it?

well there is no plug in in blender for .max to .blend . that means we can

1. ask max users to convert them into .3ds or whatever
2. search in google for .3ds rims
3. make them ourself <-- link
my first 23 renders
Hi there, NICE render kit

these are my first EVER renders

i see that i cant fit all of my renders in one post so i wil just post another one
Attached images
1 RB.bmp
2 XRT.png
3 FZ5.png
4 FXO.png
5 LX6.png
6 RAC.png
7 FXR.png
8 RAC.png
9 UFR.png
10 BF1.png
11 XFR.png
12 UF1o.png
the rest of the renders
here is the rest of my renders

i especially like the fxr chrome thing - and no its not my idea, some other dude made a singleseater with a mirror thing
Attached images
13 FZ5.png
14 FZR.png
15 HELMET.png
16 MRT5.png
17 RB4.png
18 FXR.png
19 FXO.png
20 XRR.png
21 RAC.png
22 XRT.png
23 XRG.png
Quote from JustForFunRacing :Ok... there are some files in 3ds at Krautracing. But I cannot import them Slowly I guess I am too stupid for this...

sry, didn´t read your post before

but no worries everyone is feeling like you sometimes

here a tut how to import .3ds stuff
Attached files
importing stuff.rar - 2 MB - 226 views
Blender doesn't run for me, I installed everything, on startup the phython window comes up, says its found phython, blender comes up, but all i get is the windows bar at the top, my task bar at the bottom, and everything else is just black.. and then my pc freezes
Quote from brandons48 :Blender doesn't run for me, I installed everything, on startup the phython window comes up, says its found phython, blender comes up, but all i get is the windows bar at the top, my task bar at the bottom, and everything else is just black.. and then my pc freezes

what Operating System do you use?
alittle something for hamburgerfreak
the render where i used my own guide
Attached images
testlx42.png
Anyone knows how to remove this "noise" in the renders ? im using GUSTIX background scene, i import LFS cars and render it, but when it finishes, there is some noise in the shadow, but on the floor too. I hope you know what i mean

Here i let you a render, there you can see the noise.
Press f5, then select icon with world in it (world buttons) go to Amb Occ tab, turn on Ambient Occlusion if it's on and increase sample count to 15, you can increase as much as you want but it will extend your render time. Good luck

By the way, nice render!
WOW, thanks for the very fast answer
OK, i will try it right now .
Hehe, im learning to make my own things, i only take finished parts ( Krautracing rims, Bogey jammer's LFS cars, Gustix background scene...) But thanks
hello
how dumb the rims in the blender there is some tutorial?
and use as a tipper?
someone has the file of trucks?
Quote from luckytuner :Anyone knows how to remove this "noise" in the renders ? im using GUSTIX background scene, i import LFS cars and render it, but when it finishes, there is some noise in the shadow, but on the floor too. I hope you know what i mean

Here i let you a render, there you can see the noise.

could i´ve the breaks and / or rim please
Alrighty, ran into a problem here that I can't solve. I was experimenting a bit with the floor and reflections, etc and now I can't get it back to default. I managed to make the floor.. graspy? I can't find the word for it. It's a strange noise as floor and background, instead of a smooth, nice floor with the reflection of the cars it's a background full of white/black noise and I can't get it back to default no matter what I do.

Maybe someone here knows the problem (even though the explanation to my problem is somewhat bad), but if someone here knows what I need to do, please explain as detailed as possible.

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG