The online racing simulator
Quote from niels1 :Well you made the render so you should know how long it took .

was this render with the V1 or V2 kit ? It looks like you used the V1 kit. If so the render couldnt take that long. In V2 it could depending on your CPU speed.

btw : Nice first render, well done. I would change the background I guess, doesnt really match the car and lighting. But good try

yeah i know about the background image i just took one fast on google

thx and yes it was v1 kit but i was doing my first one on the v2 kit and it was wrote this time lol in 1680/1024 i have a quadcore 2.4 Q6600 i dont think its so bad lol but i lost my render due to windows update -_-

i have a question can i render while working on something else or i cant minimize the render process ?
You can do everything else but working with Blender another project.
I feel the rendering speed slows down if the render window is minimized but I don't confirmed it yet.

Nice render BTW, the V1 kit suits well the background image with the big white specular shades on the cars. According to the image shadows, the light source seems to come more from the upper-back direction.
Anyone got good quality renders with short render time?
How short is short for you? And do you think my (old) are in enough quality?
I use about 8-15 hours on a render in 1680*1050 with full AA..
Well, mine takes about 10 mins in that res, but again, are my renders in enough good quality?
There's not any magic in rendering. If you want realistic results you have to wait longer. Sometimes I waited 80 hours to finish some renders. But you can still tweak a scene to deactivate some parameters or to replace them with another less greedy.
The V1 kit uses cheap features like an hemi light, a simple sun and simple materials.
The V2 kit uses ambient occlusion, a reflective floor an glossy material for rims. All of these are very thirsty.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :There's not any magic in rendering. If you want realistic results you have to wait longer. Sometimes I waited 80 hours to finish some renders. But you can still tweak a scene to deactivate some parameters or to replace them with another less greedy.
The V1 kit uses cheap features like an hemi light, a simple sun and simple materials.
The V2 kit uses ambient occlusion, a reflective floor an glossy material for rims. All of these are very thirsty.

True so true, but I think it can look pretty good also without AO, look at this. I think that's a pretty good result for the short time it took, don't remember exactly how long time it took though it wasn't many minutes.
Yes it looks quite good, seems to use the same basics as the V1 kit. Just one sun, probably an hemi lamp, specular desactivated, a simple background image.. but about the rims I don't know exactly, they are textured but I don't see clearly what are the other settings. They are nice rendered anyway.
The scene is fine tuned and I agree that it's quick to render but you have to admit that there's a lack of shadows. There's almost no depth on the car. That's the price for a quick render.
Yep, that's true, sadly...
But why is 3DS Max so much faster then? Does it have a better render engine?
I need to know how to select a vertice on the left side on the car and also on the right side automaticly.. anyone knows how to do this?
Quote from T.J. :But why is 3DS Max so much faster then? Does it have a better render engine?

What are you talking about? 3DSmax is not a render engine but a 3D modeler. How many times will I repeat that?
I was thinking of its internal render engine... It seems much faster than blenders, but now I have lowered the AO samples to get satisfying rendertimes...

I saw a tutorial for a long time ago.. When the guy selected a edge on the right side of a model, the edge on the same place on the left side of the model were selected too.. How do I make it select like that?
The model had probably a mirror modifier. Remove all the edges of an half of the car then apply the mirror modifier to get perfect symmetry edition.
You made my day ;D
Anyone knows how to apply HDR lighting to a scene with blender internal render engine?
anyone has the vws .blender file???

can´t wait anymore! when i can´t drive the car, i wanna render it at least :yikes:
Quote from John5200 :anyone has the vws .blender file???

can´t wait anymore! when i can´t drive the car, i wanna render it at least :yikes:

Me too or is there an easy way to import the car from the viewer?
Go to the Scenes and Meterials thread, I upload the VWS and updated FBM models in .3ds format, did try .obj but it messed them up for me.
Quote from LineR32 :Go to the Scenes and Meterials thread, I upload the VWS and updated FBM models in .3ds format, did try .obj but it messed them up for me.

So it can't be used with blender yet?
Quote from Sponge :So it can't be used with blender yet?

yep, everything is in the car and no textures looks realy like a bomb exploadet in blender
Attached images
vws mess.jpg
vws mess1.jpg
Quote from John5200 :yep, everything is in the car and no textures looks realy like a bomb exploadet in blender

do not use the smooth modifier only bring the all car in ONE smoothing group
I was allowed to do 3D in class at school, so I made this

hope you like =)
Attached images
FZ5R29.png
Quote from tikshow : do not use the smooth modifier only bring the all car in ONE smoothing group

any tut how to make that?
Quote from T.J. :
hope you like =)

yes! defenitly

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG